(Topic ID: 229734)

Lock relay and game over relay stuck on after game

By miatawnt2b

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

slugger relays (resized).jpg
    #1 5 years ago

I think this is going to be the last issue with my Midway Slugger. The game is playing properly, but the lock relay and game over relay remain energized after the end of the game forever until the next game is started. I can't imagine this is normal right? Any ideas where to start looking?
    -J

#2 5 years ago

Lock relay at least should always be on, that's its job.

#3 5 years ago

What confused me about it was that if I unplug then plug the machine back in, they both stay un-energized.

#4 5 years ago

Yes, when you unplug the machine, the Lock Relay de-energizes (has no choice), and will not energize again until
    the next start up of a game. The Lock Relay also cuts the circuit to the Game Over Relay..
    Is the Game Over Relay in a Bank Relay? I believe once it gets energized and goes into the energized position, a
    set of switches within itself should open, and cut it's circuit to keep it from remaining energized.
    If the G.O. Relay is on it's own (not in a Bank), I'll check my Midway Champ and see how that's set up..

#5 5 years ago

lock and game over relays are in the middle, third row down. [TILT, LOCK, GAME OVER] in that order

slugger relays (resized).jpgslugger relays (resized).jpg

#6 5 years ago

Looks like both the Lock and Game Over Relays suppose to remain energized.
    I'll check and verify..

#7 5 years ago

Yup, confirmed. When game is over, the Game Over Relay does stay energized..

#8 5 years ago

Much appreciated!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lock-relay-and-game-over-relay-stuck-on-after-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.