• Latest reply 11 months ago by gutz
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PXL_20211215_122706170 (resized).jpg

#1 11 months ago

I have a Williams pitch and bat and the lock relay is brown/ burnt , as can be expected. Do I really need this? can I bypass it ? If not is there a way to reduce the noise?

#2 11 months ago

You can check the spring tension on the relay. Might be causing the buzzing. I’m not to familiar with pitch and bats but you could remove the coil and just twist tie the switch stack closed however if you pull the plug it probably won’t go into game over

#3 11 months ago

Most lock relays can be disconnected and bypassed for home use. Looking at the schematic, Pitch & Bat is in that category.

#4 11 months ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Most lock relays can be disconnected and bypassed for home use. Looking at the schematic, Pitch & Bat is in that category.

How do I disconnect and bypass. What wires should I cut and put together?

PXL_20211215_122706170 (resized).jpg
#5 11 months ago
Quoted from Ruggie26:

How do I disconnect and bypass. What wires should I cut and put together?
[quoted image]

I'd remove the single wire on the lug to the coil. Then slip a piece of cardstock between the blades of the two pairs of contacts furthest away from the coil.

Hold coils usually look like that and nothing to get alarmed about. Bypassing the hold or lock coil sometimes causes the game not to go to game over if you shut it off mid game. So for instance, if you are in the middle of an inning, and shut the game off, when you turn it back on it'll be at the same point in the game.

#6 11 months ago

As schudel said, disconnect the single wire and put electrical tape over the wire. You can wedge the lock relay closed with a folded business card.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!