6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Jokercyclone
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2066922309/lock-is-lit

I couldn't find any threads on here about this. Nineteen days to go and not doing too well. I watched the trailer and...I don't know what to think. It looks like a psychedelic trip through PAPA. I think it supposed to be about the resurgence of pinball but the trailer doesn't really give that impression. Thoughts?

#2 6 years ago

The reward tiers aren't very exciting. $100 for a BluRay? People want to think they are purchasing something as a way to 'support'. If they sold even a $30 DVD, it would probably be a big help. The whole thing is kinda vague...

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from callmesteam:

The reward tiers aren't very exciting. $100 for a BluRay? People want to think they are purchasing something as a way to 'support'. If they sold even a $30 DVD, it would probably be a big help. The whole thing is kinda vague...

Paying 10k to have your collection filmed for the show seems somewhat of an odd idea. Are they targeting a business or a private collector who really wants a big stage to display his or her collection

#4 6 years ago

The trailer looks good so far. Seems like the theme is reviving a dead animal and the analogy is that pinball was dead now it's back to life. It wasn't really ever dead though so it's not perfect.

#5 6 years ago

Thanks, but no thanks. I don't see this one getting off the ground.

#6 6 years ago

wow, who's running this thing?
    1. trailer has no meat, it's just a bunch of clips of people playing (description below doesn't help either)
    2. The trailer is 2-1/2 minutes long, followed by 2-1/2 minutes of unedited black
    3. $50k budget seems high. PDG was made with $20k in funding and it had actors (not filming people playing).

Quoted from callmesteam:

$100 for a BluRay?

Yea, and 48 out of 50 are sold. So when 2 more backers fill those spots, where's the reward? $500 LE blu-ray? Pinball people have money, but they aren't stupid.
    Also if this thing does get backed, I GUARANTEE more blu-rays will be sold at a much lower price.

Quoted from dtown:

I couldn't find any threads on here about this

Perhaps because when I search pinball, it doesn't come up. Apparently kickstarter's search engine only searches through titles

when's pinball 102 coming out again?

#7 6 years ago

Hmmm, I thought at first this was the pinball doc read about at Pinball News (and here on Pinside) but this is something different.

$50k on Kickstarter is a big goal for something out of the gate, thats comparable to what PAPA did and that was a big one, that was also well managed and promoted.

#8 6 years ago

"Our goal as filmmakers and fans of the game is to create a compelling audio visual narrative to explain the lure of a game that cannot be “won” in the traditional sense and to convey the sense of urgency one has when a well played game is on the line and you are one multiball away from destroying the high score. In short, we want to show the world why you love this game. Please help us tell that story."

Does this really require a whole movie, and does the world care why we love it? I just don't see it. Can someone explain what the title is supposed to mean?

#9 6 years ago

Why is "Punch Out" in the trailer?

For $10,000, they'll come to my home and film my collection??????

IMO, the last 2 1/2 minutes were the best part.

Pass....

#10 6 years ago

Yea, and 48 out of 50 are sold.

48 left, 2 sold

#11 6 years ago

http://shootagainpinballmovie.com/about/

I got this one confused with Shoot Again. That's the one about the resurgence of pinball...and looks much more interesting. Also doesn't look like they're gonna need a Kickstarter either.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from PismoArcade:

Why is "Punch Out" in the trailer?

I am thinking this is another analogy. Pinball was about to be "punched out" by the arcade games, but it survived. Now pinball is "punching back" on the arcade games.

#13 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spybryon:

I am thinking this is another analogy. Pinball was about to be "punched out" by the arcade games, but it survived. Now pinball is "punching back" on the arcade games.

Exactly. Because you just can't get that authentic physical experience with Temple Run on a tiny smartphone.

1 week later
    #14 6 years ago

I found the footage to be very appealing so I tracked down the filmmaker, Jason Aaron Hager, and asked him for an interview. He was a bit tentative, but agreed, not sure what he might be able to add. The interview turned out to be 107 minutes (after I trimmed it) and very interesting. You might like to hear his story about how a family tragedy inspired him to make Lock Is Lit.

Also, if you like his footage, music, and editing, you might like the special trailer he made just for Pinball Soul listeners. It's embedded here:

http://pinballsoul.com/pinball-soul-podcast-15/

#15 6 years ago

If you listen to Pinball-Soul what he is trying to do comes off sounding better. It will be pretty good when it is done.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 10.95
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    The Flipper Room
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 10.95
    $ 129.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 9.99
    $ 315.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    liorillusion
    $ 209.99
    $ 42.00
    $ 16.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside