(Topic ID: 329811)

Locations that have dirty and broken games.

By OutlawTorn304

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CA1AFA2A-3793-4CF9-8767-8CA0B15041B1 (resized).jpeg
    31A96415-70C1-498A-9852-41A76D75CE47 (resized).jpeg
    890FC99C-B335-4070-9B48-174A39D97F1E (resized).jpeg
    AC984E2E-BAE8-4758-A081-56FCAB95E493 (resized).png
    0FD8DB2D-7238-4CC3-B2F4-EC1F4FB7F3D5 (resized).jpeg
    73EEA6F6-0F35-41DF-A9A0-A8965E715B79 (resized).jpeg
    55672EAE-B867-4F6B-8E69-0C1BA8056DCA (resized).jpeg
    0DC89F19-7E95-4469-A2D0-05A00B3EC1CD (resized).jpeg
    3D90F523-F3C8-42B5-B5B9-956EDC607D89 (resized).jpeg
    4d1ea2d5f25b09d2f091cf7bff113039b095b44a (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 1 year ago

running a route is hard.
    Most places use a local operator and that op probably hates pinball and rarely cleans or fixes the games, just collects the money. Once they get going they only fix if called and if they have to w/ bare minimum fixes. This has been common for many years :/

#7 1 year ago
    Quoted from OutlawTorn304:

I never said it was easy but if you are there collecting money, drop the glass and wipe it down. Takes 5 minutes. I’m not asking for home use quality but somewhat cared for would be a huge improvement. I should also mention I have 9 pins and multiple video games on location as a side hustle. I also run my other business, balance a marriage, and run 3 kids to every sporting event or activity they are involved in and I manage to keep my games clean. I’m of the mindset that if you can afford to set 12 games in one location, you can afford to take the time or pay someone to keep them clean.

That would cost money I have two locations here with games. The local op has two locations with one game each and used to have more. They hate pinball and their games break all the time. Takes them a call from the bar owner and it usually is the base level fix, not sure on clean. I’m with you, but our hobby is pinball. This is just a job for the repair/collect guy so they just don’t care as long as it takes a quarter. But a cleaner pin would make more :shrug:

I also like cleaning and waxing our games as it makes them drain faster :-p

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from Deez:

There's minimal increase in revenue for a well maintained game. Most casuals don't know or care. Pinball should cost $2.00 a play at the cost of today's equipment and labor to keep them running. Something has to give so you end up getting a dirty game at a budget price.
    It's funny how someone would rather spend 50 cents to play four games on a dirty worn out broke ass machine then spend $2 for one game on a well maintained dialed in machine. I just don't understand it.
    The fact they are that dirty shows that they're getting play so why would the operator care? Box is full of coins.

Yeah after running these new stern pro's and their cost, the $2 a game sounds better. We have one location with a sopranos and the regulars ONLY want to play it, no matter condition they'll just hammer on that game. It's been at the same bar since nib....I dont get how people can play that game an hour everyday....

#41 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Sadly, not always true. Some pins or locations, just don't earn.
    LTG : )

hahah, my locations :-p

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider northvibe.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/locations-that-have-dirty-and-broken-games-?tu=northvibe and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.