8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by robin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

SafariScreenSnapz038.png
    trim.gif
    #1 8 years ago

'Single quotes' (aka apostrophes) are fine.
    "Double quotes" are broken.

One can enter them, and they are stored OK.
    Editing a location with double quotes in it, breaks.

I'm guessing that the HTML default value for this form field is not escaping the database data, and the " is conflicting with the HTML "

trim.giftrim.gif SafariScreenSnapz038.pngSafariScreenSnapz038.png
    #2 8 years ago

Originally reported lumped with another bug report as:

Quoted from kst8cat:

Another related issue with adding and updating locations has been going on since the February update. It won't let you add or update if the location has an apostrophe in the title. It caused an error which says "Location Not Found" or something like that. So I had to start deleting the apostrophes out of location titles just to add or update. But yeah since the most recent update, I can't add or update anything at all, so hopefully it will all get fixed soon including the apostrophe bug.

#3 8 years ago

Double quotes were messing up the <input> field. Fixed now (using htmlentities).

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/location-editor-cant-use-double-quotes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.