• 30 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by houseofpin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Add this to the recent $600 SG ..... easternshore.craigslist.org link

What a find, one of the guys on our Facebook group scored it at asking price. Awesome.

#2 5 years ago

WOW....great score would be an understatement

#3 5 years ago

Whysnow wouldn't even have a problem with this one

#4 5 years ago

I love the old tube teevee under it to accent it's age.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Whysnow wouldn't even have a problem with this one

A perfect example of what I have said about LOTR. There are LOTS of these sitting in regular (i.e. non-pinheads) homes and are the only pin and were rarely plaed after the first 6 months. Someone bought if for their LOTR obsessed friend or themself and now they are ready to sell.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I love the old tube teevee under it to accent it's age.

How do you know he wasn't a Beta tester for Sterns new color display system?

#7 5 years ago

I'll gladly take one for that price... and no not to flip... I want one badly, would never leave the collection. (If you can call 3 machines a collection...)

#8 5 years ago

I'm waiting for a POMC thread bragging and wanting people to feel bad for him somehow about him getting this.

#9 5 years ago

Yeah, I was actually expecting it to be him.

#10 5 years ago

DarkWizard - You're welcome to come over and play mine if you ever need a "Fix"

I am in Quakertown. It's not HUO but plays great! And I paid more than $2400 for it, LOL

Chris

#11 5 years ago

Oh, cool. Thanks I may take you up on that one day

#12 5 years ago

Great score huo or not it looked great!

#13 5 years ago

Great find! This is on my list (I think). I would really like to play one of these. I took a trip based on the pinside map a few months ago to find the bar did not have it any longer. I have been looking for longer, harder and more complex games. My most recent purchases were STTNG and TSPP. It is out of my budget for this year anyway, but would really love to play that one some time. If you would be game (pun intended), I would love to bring a six pack or if you would bring her to the Allentown show or something that would be really great.

#14 5 years ago

Well now - I just found this add the old fashioned way and called the guy. He ended up having a bidding war within on hour of it posting at his residence. Final price was $3600.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from cougtv:

Great find! This is on my list (I think). I would really like to play one of these. I took a trip based on the pinside map a few months ago to find the bar did not have it any longer. I have been looking for longer, harder and more complex games. My most recent purchases were STTNG and TSPP. It is out of my budget for this year anyway, but would really love to play that one some time. If you would be game (pun intended), I would love to bring a six pack or if you would bring her to the Allentown show or something that would be really great.

You're local to me (somewhat).

You're welcome to come over and play mine some time if you ever need a "Fix"

I am in Quakertown.

Chris

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from arpman:

Well now - I just found this add the old fashioned way and called the guy. He ended up having a bidding war within on hour of it posting at his residence. Final price was $3600.

The buyer did not state that on Facebook. His words when asked "you got it for the asking price?" were "Yep. He was a good guy. I didn't have much more cash than the asking price on me."

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

The buyer did not state that on Facebook. His words when asked "you got it for the asking price?" were "Yep. He was a good guy. I didn't have much more cash than the asking price on me."

Well, then someone is fibbing. Nice score either way.

#18 5 years ago

Seller told me it was gone after 5 mins from when he listed it

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Seller told me it was gone after 5 mins from when he listed it

That sounds right as the first caller got it and he held for them to pick up.

#20 5 years ago

I know the guy that got it - at asking price. At least 20 others called offering more but he honored the price to my friend, and waited for him to pick it up due to a delay with a fire on the Chesapeake Bay bridge that shut it down. Early bird FTW. Incredible price and shape.

#21 5 years ago

sounds like arpman just lost all credibility with his very first post...

What gives, why make up a story about some bidding war that apparently never happened?

#22 5 years ago

Nice....

#23 5 years ago

I called just to make sure, he said he sold it Sunday.

#24 5 years ago

My integrity in question already? wow - well anyway I called a guy from that ad (Mike) and he told me about a bidding war to 3600. Now did he accept that or not? I don't know as he never confirmed it. Would I be remiss to assume that he would accept 3600 on a machine he asked 2400 for? Should
I doubt that the event did not happen? Should I not make a courtesy post with new information?

Whatever the case, it sold for a good price.

#25 5 years ago

I email the guy and ask if he would ship and would pay as asking price . Never heard back . I think add was about 3 hr old when I responded . He was on east coast. To many hunters out there . Hard to get any deals anymore . Who has time to search the net 27/ 7

#26 5 years ago

Amazing "hit". Basically, the seller should be able to claim $2K as a charitable contribution.

Basically, I believe what happens with some of these people is they "assume" that since they bought it NIB for more that it has to be worth less after a number of years. They don't take the time to figure out what it might be worth. Trust me, nobody if they know something is worth $4,500-$5,000 (which is what this game was worth) would list it for $2,400.....come on they would rather give the money to their kids then just give a stranger $2K in automatic "equity" or "profit" (if they are a flipper).

I think it is very admirable of the guy to honor his price. However, at the "end of the day" he had no clue most likely what it was worth. So after receiving 20 e-mails probably within the first few hours I would not blame him if he "repriced it" but he should offer it to the first guy at the new price. Lets all be honest if we had a valuable coin that we had no clue was worth $20K and for some reason we thought it was worth $250 and we got 100 e-mails in like a few hours with some people offering us a lot more we would ALL RECONSIDER and figure out what we truly are selling. We are all fooling ourselves if we think we would just sell it for $250 if after listing it we found out it was worth $20,000.

SUPER FIND for the guy who found it and a BIG CONGRATULATIONS. Hopefully, the seller did not need the money because he "gave it away" so for his sake I hope he is independently wealthy !!! Because he just gave someone $2K !!!

#27 5 years ago

Amazing find........awesome score

#28 5 years ago

Yeah, talking to my friend he said the guy priced it low to get rid of it fast because of some reason I can't remember. But honestly, I think we were both surprised he honored the price to the first caller. I can't say I wouldn't consider other offers that were a lot higher, maybe tell the original guy I'd send him $100 after sale as a 'sorry I reneged on you' or something (but of course I'd do my homework and not underprice a pin at this point either).

Also, the guy may have told others such as the poster about a bidding war just to save face if he was embarrassed about pricing so low, or to get people to stop making better offers, so it doesn't mean that poster was making it up. At the same time, sounds like he had an idea it was worth more but maybe he didn't realize just how much more but honored his original price.

#29 5 years ago

He said he was moving. Maybe the "real owner" was out of town.

#30 5 years ago

I hear you....guess my point was he could have offered it at $3,750 and sold it very quickly.....maybe even $4K and got rid of it in a day or two as it would still have been a great value.

Regardless, someone got a great deal !!! The seller left a good $1,500 or more "on the table" and truly people who do that are either really, really wealthy or just not too bright.....for his sake I hope he was in the wealthy category but most likely in the later category (wealthy people are normally wealthy for a reason...LOL !!!).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 229.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballBulbs
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Bright Lights Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 219.99
$ 1,000.00
Boards
PinSound
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grass Valley, CA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 15.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fayetteville, PA
$ 170.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Mods
£ 55.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 63.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 25.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside