51 days ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 50 days ago by pinballlife
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 51 days ago

Does anyone have a local to Milwaukee glass supplier for playfield glass?

#2 51 days ago

If its for standard size glass, just make the trip to PBL. Its way cheaper than having it made (even after paying for gas). I had a buddy who had a few sheets made at a local Madison place and it was either $50 or $60 a sheet.

#3 51 days ago

If I were buying just one sheet, a trip to PBL would not be worth it. $55 local vs $30 PBL, 170 mile round trip and 3 hours of my time. I'm thinking even 2 sheets would be worth buying local.

#4 51 days ago

For a standard size sheet here locally it costs me about $53 including tax. It's actually cheaper to have 2 sheets shipped in from PBL for $96 (shipping included) than to have two made here. I typically try and buy a bunch at a show from Terry rather than have it shipped.

#5 51 days ago

PBL has changed a bit when it comes to shipping...

2 sheets packaged for shipping @$55
    Shipping $32

#6 51 days ago

I get my glass made by Jefferson Glass here in Jefferson. My last tempered standard size was only $35. The owner is a pinball collector too, which is cool.

#7 50 days ago
    Quoted from BrewNinja:

If its for standard size glass, just make the trip to PBL. Its way cheaper than having it made (even after paying for gas). I had a buddy who had a few sheets made at a local Madison place and it was either $50 or $60 a sheet.

There's a place that I use in Waunakee that's way cheaper. 18 for standard size and I had a huge Paragon sized glass cut for 25, IIRC. Tempered with unpolished edge. They took my measurements and turnaround time was about 2 weeks.

#8 50 days ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I get my glass made by Jefferson Glass here in Jefferson. My last tempered standard size was only $35. The owner is a pinball collector too, which is cool.

I figured that you'd have something. Jefferson is worth the drive.

#9 50 days ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Let me hit him up and see what kind of pricing I can get for multiples. Because it is tempered, it has to be ordered somewhere else and brought in. They dont temper onsite. It takes a couple of weeks for tempering.

#10 50 days ago
    Quoted from FatPanda:

There's a place that I use in Waunakee that's way cheaper. 18 for standard size and I had a huge Paragon sized glass cut for 25, IIRC. Tempered with unpolished edge. They took my measurements and turnaround time was about 2 weeks.

Thats a great price. Tempering is usually what drives the price up.

#11 50 days ago

Wow, $18 in Waunakee? I need a new sheet of glass for my Black Hole, going to have to give him a shout out. Is it Mobile Glass or Hellenbrand?

#12 50 days ago
    Quoted from BrewNinja:

Wow, $18 in Waunakee? I need a new sheet of glass for my Black Hole, going to have to give him a shout out. Is it Mobile Glass or Hellenbrand?

Hellenbrand - send an email to Kathy Jowett kathyj@hellenbrandglass.com

I know Black Hole is a widebody/non-standard size, so make sure you give her the correct measurements ?? x 43" x 3/16" (or whatever it is) furnished only, no polish. You can tell her that a guy by the name of Quy ordered a few sheets of glass last summer for pinball, and she will get you squared away.

#13 50 days ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

Come to Waunakee. While you're in the area, stop over at one of the Madison locations to play pinball.

#14 50 days ago

Yeah, its non-standard and only available custom made I believe. Ill have to measure it when I get home and send them an email. Thanks for the info.

#15 50 days ago
    Quoted from kcZ:

PBL has changed a bit when it comes to shipping...

Haven't changed. Glass has always been way more expensive to ship than to pick up. Shipping cost, of course, is a factor, but more so the cost of the custom packaging. When you pick up there is no packaging, so we dont have to account for that.
    It's all explained right on the glasses' web page.
    https://www.pinballlife.com/standard-tempered-playfield-glass-shippable-1-pack.html
    Terry.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 125.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Great American Pinball
    $ 225.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    FlyLand Designs
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 5.00
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 27.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    € 159.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    FlipperLED
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 25.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Bright Lights Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 218.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    £ 32.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside