Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by kwiKimart
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yoxxy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 11 years ago

Been to Lloyds a few times. Everytime he has been more than helpful in everything.

I do think advertising is good; it's simply getting people out to Hopkins I think is a lot of it. For those unfamiliar with the Twin Cities, it is unlike a lot of metropolitan areas, it is spaced somewhat poorly and there aren't great ways to get from one place to another. I work less than 8 miles from Lloyds and it takes me a good 30-35 minutes after work to get to Hopkins. Coming from the east, you are looking at an hour after work.

It is fine on the weekends but getting people in on a daily basis and especially during the day relies on people coming mainly from Hopkins, imo.

Having said that, I would be happy to help.

#30 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

That's what everyone says, but the now and then trip to SS Billiards doesn't pay the bills. What pays the bills is the everyday walk in traffic, which stand alone arcades don't get anymore.
    Start a fund to save Lloyd's house and I'm in. Start a fund to save SS Billiards and I'm out.

That was somewhat my point, although you were more direct.

Hopkins is on the tougher side and pinheads going to play once in a while after an occasional day work is a far cry from supporting a business that needs to be making money every hour of every day.

Unattended minors, etc. are something you never see in this day and age; although given where SS is there are a lot of townouses/condos etc around, but it still begs the question how do you get people into pinball and out of their houses playing x360?

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You could have all the traffic in the world walking past a Blockbuster video store these days and it'll do you about as much good as a pinball arcade.

I think you are being overly negative in that every time I have gone in there has been after work traffic. I think the concern is bringing new people into the hobby. How many copies of pinball arcade have sold on iOS and android over the last few months? IMO, it is no coincidence we have seen an almost exponential price increase since the release of pinball arcade. There are new people coming into the hobby and it's a question of getting them off the device and onto the real machine.

I think the best advertising that could be done is some sort of tie in to the app. There are going to be people that want the real experience and judging by ebay sales there is a lot of new money flooding in.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yoxxy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/local-cbs-news-report-on-ss-billiards?tu=Yoxxy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.