Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by PW79
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

Not sure what others think about this but just something that bugs me, over the years I've borrowed a number of machines - I like to keep these in my collection page as a reminder I've had them at home but once they're gone the only place I can put them is 'Owned in the past'...which is not true, I never owned them but want to keep a record I had and borrowed them. What do others think about a section that says 'Borrowed in the past' or 'Loan Machines' or something similar?

#2 7 years ago

I have a couple of nice loaners at my house but I don't put them in my collection. I don't want people asking me if I want to sell them.

Putting them in your collection and then moving them into "collection history" would show that you had the experience of possessing a machine without explicitly stating you had ownership. I may end up doing this after I see some other opinions.

#3 7 years ago

I've put a few of these types of games in my collection history.
    While I technically haven't owned them, they were in my house and I played them a lot.

#4 7 years ago

It's not the first time that this suggestion has surfaced.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/search?s=1&include_basement=0&subforum=46&q=loan#results

I'm not sure what Robin's plans are on this, though.

#5 7 years ago

anyone want to loan me some games

#6 7 years ago

What's the expression, possession is nine tenths of the law?

Face it, all games are loaners. You can't take it with you!

I sometimes look around at my games and wonder where they'll all be in a hundred, a thousand, ten thousand years, 'cuz I know where I'll be!

Then I think I better play them while I can!

#7 7 years ago

I count loaners

#8 7 years ago

It seems like unnecessary functionality that addresses a fringe case and isn't really needed. Put them in your history or don't, make a choice and live with it, it's definitely a first world problem . You don't really need a special bucket on a profile on a website for a special category of games you've borrowed rather than owned and the hassle and risk of building it outweighs the value.

#9 7 years ago

The most elegant solution is a text change for Robin,
    "owned in the past"
    becomes
    "owned/borrowed in the past"
    -mof

#10 7 years ago

I don't think I'd put borrowed games in my collection list. To each their own, though. (Or, to each their borrow, hah)

#11 7 years ago
    Quoted from EvanDickson:

It seems like unnecessary functionality that addresses a fringe case and isn't really needed. Put them in your history or don't, make a choice and live with it, it's definitely a first world problem . You don't really need a special bucket on a profile on a website for a special category of games you've borrowed rather than owned and the hassle and risk of building it outweighs the value.

This is about the most politically correct answer the OP will get on the thread. Well put Evan because it's certainly not what I would have said. What I would have said would get me a permanent thread eject and possibly a 2 week vacation on Pinside.

#12 7 years ago

I demand a firm rule on this. We must have RULES or we will have TOTAL ANARCHY!
    Cats and Dogs sleeping together.............

#13 7 years ago

Okay well thanks for the input guys, I know I suggested it before but never really got a response - just one of those things to live with. Appreciate the responses

#14 7 years ago

If a machine is set up in my house, I class that as owned, and it goes on the page to reflect such.

Latest example, Earthshaker - was delivering it for a friend who had sold it. Picked it up from his Sunday, set it up at mine Monday, played it through the week, took it down Friday, delivered it Saturday. Was long enough for me to play it enough to "discover" everything and fill HS table - Owned!

#15 7 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

What's the expression, possession is nine tenths of the law?
    Face it, all games are loaners. You can't take it with you!
    I sometimes look around at my games and wonder where they'll all be in a hundred, a thousand, ten thousand years, 'cuz I know where I'll be!
    Then I think I better play them while I can!

Brother I've been thinking the same thing lately

I'm about to buy a new car for the wife. Went to reach out to our salesman we used 6 years ago who is also the uncle of a longtime friend... and found out he's dead!

Well fuck. I should have paid $500 more for that last honda because I can't take the $ with me & I'm sure he could have used it.

With that said anyone want to sell me a game below market value? Might as well. "Ya cant take it with ya"

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/loaners-in-collection-history and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.