(Topic ID: 97842)

Loading Pins into Truck

By ff6735

9 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

For those of you with pick up trucks and no lift gate, how do you get pins in the bed if no one else is there to help you? I'm sure some of you have some creative ways to get them in. Feel free to share photos if you have any.

#2 9 years ago

I have a piece of cardboard I keep in the back of the truck, truck has a hard folding cover on it. I tilt the pin towards the tail gate and just lift it up while sliding it into the bed. Much easier to load than the video games I have.

#3 9 years ago

Sit it on end infront of the bed. Tip it onto the side so it is leaning on the truck bed. Then pick it up and slide it in. Don't hurt your back, get help if you need it.

#4 9 years ago

put pin almost parallel to the tailgate. fold head down. Pin will be close to balanced on a flat surface. remove 1 back leg closest to the tailgate. then lift rear of the pin and swing it up and on the tailgate. Be careful when you are swinging the pin on you don't put too much stress on the front legs. If you feel confident, you can control the pin, maybe leave the front legs on pin skates so it will move a little easier. move onto the next back leg.

I have a liftgate on my truck and I always remove the legs on the pins when I transport. I have seen operators with liftgates transport them with legs on and every time I see them ratchet the pin down to hold it into place, I think that cant be good for it..

also make sure the playfield is covered so you don't let the sun melt ramps and plastics.

#5 9 years ago

Use reeds or small pvc piping to slide having stuff in and out of your truck. They do that coffins at above ground tombs and it takes almost no effort to slide a coffin in with them.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/loading-pins-into-truck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.