• 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by stoptap
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Wayne (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooldan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

nothing to do with me - this post is on behalf of Wayne Johns -

The current *recognised by Guinness* world record for continuous pinball playing stands at 28 hours by Alexandro Parisi in 2007.

yes, there have been longer times played before by others - there are reports of play for 36h (Eden Stamm in 2015), 72 hours 8 mins (Ronald Mowry in 1974) and even 555 hours 55 min 55 second (Mandi Martin in 2000) - all of which can be found on the internet by googling. but even Eden's attempt last year somehow fell foul of Guinness' 29 page list of rules, so 28 hours has been confirmed as the current benchmark, despite what the link in Pinball News says.

England's Wayne Johns is currently in the early stages of his Guinness-recognised record attempt, which started at midday Saturday UK time (7am EST, 4am PST) and will hopefully continue for at least 28 hours - he's going for 30h as he's doing it in a hospital, and there are local rules he has to comply with as well as those from Guinness.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in Wayne's own words - As some of you may already know, I will be attempting to break the Guinness World Record for endurance pinball playing, which currently stands at 28hrs.

My reasons for this are threefold:

My dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer 18months ago, but because he left it too long to go to the doctors and have it checked out as soon as he started getting the symptoms it was too late to cure. He is currently in hospital (21st July) having got an infection following his first bout of chemo the week previous.

So - Reason 1 is to raise the awareness of the symptoms and the importance for people to go and get checked out asap so that it can be treated before it gets too late.

Reason 2, while watching the London Marathon, I was amazed at the number of people who were running "in memory" of someone. So I'm doing this while my dad is still alive to know that I've done it, and for him to see that people's lives could be saved because of it. I'm not knocking people who do things "in memory of" , but wouldn't it be nice - if possible - to be able to do it "in honour of" while they were still alive?

Reason 3, who doesn't want to hold a Guinness World Record?

watch live here on twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/pinball_live

Help Wayne reach his £5000 target for Raising awareness of Prostate Cancer.
All donations announced on stream! Donate directly here: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Wayne-Johns

here's a link to Wayne's thread on the UK forum: http://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/22-oct-2016-fundraising-guinness-world-record-attempt-walsall-manor-hospital.33927/

Pledges from manufacturers etc include generous donations from
Pinball Mania, Mezel Mods, LED.co.uk, PinGraffix, Stern, and Jersey Jack

Wayne (resized).jpgWayne (resized).jpg

#6 7 years ago

bumping this thread to keep it on page one.
anyone here been affected by cancer, feels it to be an important and relevant cause, please promote in any way you can - post on facebook, donate, even by clicking to watch live and saying hello it all adds up.
cheers guys and thank you

#21 7 years ago

bump. he's just taking a 5 min break (as per allowed rules) so he can be fresh when he goes past the record in 22 mins

#28 7 years ago

6 weeks they make you wait?
holy crap

well done dude, we are all proud of you

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Sale
Warwick, RI
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 38.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cooldan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/live-world-record-attempt-in-uk-in-support-of-prostate-cancer?tu=cooldan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.