7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Pinballdad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC_0062.jpg

#1 7 years ago

We are trying something new... The Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show will be streaming Live this year all 3 days of the show for those that can't make it to Seattle. The speaker schedule is posted on the website.

http://nwpinballshow.com/

#2 7 years ago

All the speakers are going to be streamed? That is VERY cool.

#3 7 years ago

Watching that coke machine is riveting!!

#4 7 years ago

Coming up at 3:00 pm PST we have a panel discussion with the Seattle Metro Arcade Collectors (S.M.A.C.). "Buying Your Own Video or Pinball Game".

#5 7 years ago

This is incredibly cool. I've blocked out some time tomorrow for SR and GS, and it's too bad I'll miss Jack.

#6 7 years ago
    Quoted from c3trey:

This is incredibly cool. I've blocked out some time tomorrow for SR and GS, and it's too bad I'll miss Jack.

All the speakers seminars and interviews are saved to our UStream channel instantly, so you can watch them whenever you get time

#7 7 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisVW:

All the speakers seminars and interviews are saved to our UStream channel instantly, so you can watch them whenever you get time

Very cool. Thanks!

#8 7 years ago

We just finished an interview with Jeri Ellsworth and Gary Stern. Doug Watson will be talking with us next.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nwpinballarcadeshow

#9 7 years ago

We may have a surprise interview coming up in the next few minutes. You won't want to miss this!

#10 7 years ago

I played all terrible games today. Except this one! I guess it made the trip down worth it. And the trip back (stupid speeding ticket) 70 in a 60? I thought it was 70 anywhere. Hell, I don't even know what 70 is. Stupid space measurements.

My first billionaire club. Now I have to do it on my buddy's machine.

DSC_0062.jpg

#11 7 years ago

I can't get Ustream to work very well. Works okay for others?

#12 7 years ago

In less than 5 minutes we are doing a live interview with John Popadiuk.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nwpinballarcadeshow

#13 7 years ago

Live stream is great! Jpop is da man!

#14 7 years ago
    Quoted from mummite:

Live stream is great! Jpop is da man!

Thanks! That was a great interview. The Steve Ritchie seminar starts in about 10 minutes.

#15 7 years ago

Gary Stern will be giving his seminar at 12:00pm PST.
    1:30 - Doug Watson
    3:00 - John Popadiuk
    4:30 - Eugene Jarvis
    6:00 - Jersey Jack

#16 7 years ago

Just caught the tail end of Steve's seminar PRETTY AWSEOME!! Thanks for doing this!

#17 7 years ago

WOZ is being carried in right now. Jersey Jack is heading to the podium.

#18 7 years ago

very cool! watching it right now JJP is on. i hope others decide to do this too.

#19 7 years ago

Thanks!! Submit any questions in the UStream chat room. If Jack has time for a Q&A, any good questions will be asked on mic.

#20 7 years ago

Pinside shoutout!

#21 7 years ago

Watching now. This is awesome!

#22 7 years ago

Seeing him talk about what everything does is really cool. This game is just packed!!!!!

#23 7 years ago

Not available in Canada. FFFFF

#24 7 years ago

Unreal to hear everything that is or has gone into the game. I love the right shot and hold the upper right flipper open and you get your ball back in the shooter lane. cool/different

#25 7 years ago

Holy Skill shot choices!

#26 7 years ago

Streaming between this and Bonnaroo live...I love the internet.

#27 7 years ago

It looks like WOZ is going to make all other pins look sooooooooo dated.

#28 7 years ago

Jack just said Shipping late Summer in order of purchased.

#29 7 years ago

A M A Z I N G
    This thing is gonna be like a carnival under glass. Great times for pinball!

#30 7 years ago
    Quoted from coasterguy:

A M A Z I N G
    This thing is gonna be like a carnival under glass. Great times for pinball!

Looks awesome doesn't it Coast! And what a great guy Jack seems to be....his enthusiasm and positive attitude is one of the reasons I jumped in so early...glad to know we'll be getting ours fairly soon....

#31 7 years ago

Move the camera to watch WOZ???

#32 7 years ago

What a great presentation. The rules are going to be great, and it is not going to be a video watching fest when you are the player. The video is only for entertaining the onlookers and giving the player quick info about the rules and goals.

#33 7 years ago

I spent many hours today watching as it rainededededed today in Jax FL hahaha

#34 7 years ago

I see the camera is on WOZ. So is there going to be a vid on WOZ game play?

#35 7 years ago

JJ is about to be on so get on board

#36 7 years ago

man JJ rules

#37 7 years ago

So what did everyone get from the presentation ?

I learned the following:

1. There will be Internet connectivity
    2. Head to head play is a possibility (not nessesarily for tournament play)
    3. There are at least three ways to plunge the ball into play (into the bumpers, oz lanes, witch shot, skill shot betweent the bumpers)
    4. It runs on a standard motherboard running Linux on a SSD

#38 7 years ago

^ And it apparently will not sync up with Dark Side of the Moon on the plunger shot.

I wonder what Easter eggs it will have. Perhaps a vid mode from The Wiz?

#39 7 years ago

Yeah but did anybody catch that last part of video? It cut-off quick so I tend to believe many did not catch it. I will fill you in now. Basically, JJ implies that between now and shipping production units they are trying to implement the DT. For those that are not sure what it is let me explain. DT=Dual Theme. In the case of WOZ it appears test marketing indicated that much more than just Dorothy and Toto was needed to hit the sales goals. So......ready......set......go.....DT.....=.....WOZ and....?...The Brady Bunch! Yep. Greg, Marcia, Bobby, Cindy, Peter & Janet will all be there sharing the glory in the land of OZ WoW!!!!! What a great group photo that will be silk screened onto the playfield center area. Add some G.I. Who knows, If real lucky, maybe JJ will LED each face

Lucky lucky lucky...early Woz reservists get two themes for the price of one!!!! Lucky...so lucky...almost like hitting the Mega Millions

Lol. jk. This post is about jealousy My wife wants one so bad it is not even funny....I have to figure out a way to get her one. You WOZ buyers are going to love this pin

#40 7 years ago

-All boards are in the cabinet leaving LCD, speakers and LEDs in the back box.
    -Two magnets at the witch
    -the absolute best LEDs on the planet are being used.
    -zero video modes. Just video visuals. Just play pinball
    -Spell rainbow to let you into the house mpf.
    -it does not weigh 400lbs.

#41 7 years ago

Sunday Seminars

Live now at 11:00 am PST Lindsey Rupertus talks about basic solid state pinball repair methodology.
    12:00pm - Rick Bartlett, owner of Planetary Pinball - "New Parts Update"
    1:00 pm - Twin Galaxies

#42 7 years ago

Waaaa I bought a ticket to win the WOZ but I didnt win it.... (((((

1 week later
    #43 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballdad:

Yeah but did anybody catch that last part of video? It cut-off quick so I tend to believe many did not catch it. I will fill you in now. Basically, JJ implies that between now and shipping production units they are trying to implement the DT. For those that are not sure what it is let me explain. DT=Dual Theme. In the case of WOZ it appears test marketing indicated that much more than just Dorothy and Toto was needed to hit the sales goals. So......ready......set......go.....DT.....=.....WOZ and....?...The Brady Bunch! Yep. Greg, Marcia, Bobby, Cindy, Peter & Janet will all be there sharing the glory in the land of OZ WoW!!!!! What a great group photo that will be silk screened onto the playfield center area. Add some G.I. Who knows, If real lucky, maybe JJ will LED each face
    Lucky lucky lucky...early Woz reservists get two themes for the price of one!!!! Lucky...so lucky...almost like hitting the Mega Millions
    Lol. jk. This post is about jealousy My wife wants one so bad it is not even funny....I have to figure out a way to get her one. You WOZ buyers are going to love this pin

***UPDATE*** Rumor is again going around some very high level and distinguished pinball social circles lately...I guess it is a done deal. I wish I would have pre-ordered now at the much lower price I grew up watching the Brady Bunch, Happy Days...Laverne and Shirley...Bowery Boys and Abbot and Costello on Sundays. Anyway. Congrats all you Woz pre-orders. A 2 for 1 deal is a new concept for pinball. Can anybody name one before this WOZ-Brady Bunch pin??? Uhhh huhhh...just what I thought. Indeed. it is a first and surely going to set a new level for pinaball designs!!! The days of a pin with a single theme I guess will be gone in the not so distance future...replaced by dual (tri?) multi theme playfields, sounds, box art, etc.

Gratz again!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 179.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 11.95
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    € 9.95
    Playfield - Other
    Multigame
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 269.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 299.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside