Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 141 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Av8
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadtower.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 11 years ago

This is awesome. Loving it. My productivity today is in the crapper.

That PAPA belt is hilarious and awesome. I love it to an unhealthy degree.

The commentary is way better than I expected. I am so enjoying this.

Thanks, Bowen, this is working so well!

#38 11 years ago

Absolutely. If this becomes a regular thing I might have to become a Ustream premium member and set up a way to watch this on the TVs at home. I love this.

#45 11 years ago

I think it's an amazing start. This is articulating the competition effectively, it is showing the action clearly, and the commentary is entertaining. I am enjoying the hell out of this and am hugely optimistic for the future of this concept.

#47 11 years ago

I wonder how long that will actually last. I've had issues with the stream stopping if I don't do something in the browser. When it hits an ad it will sit and wait for me to tell it to proceed. And I've been dropped from Ustream a couple of times. Not content or PAPA folks related in either case.

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

Rooting for Daniele at the moment.

No idea who that guy is but he's putting up a hell of a performance. Can't help but root for him now.

#51 11 years ago

Steve Bowden was in the middle of Monsters of Rock and Ustream went to commercial! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

#64 11 years ago

Is anyone else having trouble now keeping the stream going? I can only go about ten minutes now before it drops on me and I have to fight to get it going again.

#101 11 years ago
    Quoted from DarthXaos:

There are people who browse the web without adblock?

Adblock potentially deprives Ustream of revenue. Without that ad revenue Ustream probably can't exist. Ustream's success is critically important to what PAPA is trying to achieve here.

I would join as a premium member before I would use Adblock on PAPA events.

#104 11 years ago

I would pay for some sort of "viewer membership" if this were done for all of their events.

#106 11 years ago

I enjoyed that enough that I would not only pay a small amount for the membership but would probably set up a laptop by my TV and watch events like a wrestling PPV. More belts! More title matches!

#108 11 years ago

Preread Powerpoint style ads for places like Pinball Life wouldn't bother me one bit. There is plenty of time between games to run small pieces like that.

#112 11 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

Stick a donation link on your site and I'll pay you direct, just keep the internet clear of all that noise.

There is a donation link on the GeekGamerTV Ustream page. It was there all day yesterday and is still there now. $2.29 via Paypal or you can change the amount.

Apps like Adblock also usually have the ability to temporarily disable them or to disable them for certain websites.

#115 11 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

Do you always donate to a site the first time you use them? You're awesome!

No. That's why I was NOT using Adblock.

See how that works? Use Adblock/Donate or let the ads run. It is only fair to do one of those two things to support what PAPA is trying to do here.

#117 11 years ago
    Quoted from chocky909:

Look I understand your argument but are you genuinely telling me that it's morally wrong to use Adblock on the Internet? I mean do you actually make an effort to buy the products that are advertised to you too? How far will you go to grease the corporate cogs?

I don't consider it morally wrong to use in many cases.

It should be disabled when you're doing anything you truly care about. PAPA is the perfect example. Pinside would be as well if Pinside ever puts in ads. Or one could do something else to contribute like hit the Donate button.

If PAPA continues to put out broadcasts like this one you'd better believe I'll be hitting the Donate button myself. That broadcast was awesome.

#128 11 years ago

Seriously, it was Daniele's run that was keeping me glued to the set. I was sort of pissed when I had to turn it off at 5pm and go do other stuff all night. I had to wait until morning to find out he won.

#139 11 years ago

I'm in on the Kickstarter without a second thought.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chadtower.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/live-stream-of-papa-circuit-final?tu=chadtower and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.