(Topic ID: 182038)

LIVE! A L I E N P I N B A L L Stream2!

By ezeltmann

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#2 7 years ago

If they stopped gas-bagging, we could actually hear the machine..

#3 7 years ago

I think it looks freaking awesome!

#4 7 years ago

That is one cool looking pinball machine.

#5 7 years ago

Looks very cool. I'm staying in on the LE. Just curious... any idea why we haven't seen the ball get captured by the Aliens mouth? Is that not active in the code yet?

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Looks very cool. I'm staying in on the LE. Just curious... any idea why we haven't seen the ball get captured by the Aliens mouth? Is that not active in the code yet?

I was thinking the exact same thing. I thought it was active but maybe not yet?

#7 7 years ago

I don't think anyone has gotten that far yet, I appreciate the feed but man I need to see it played by a real player and without the yap yap.

#8 7 years ago

I'm sick of pointing it out , but hopefully its just hard to light it .

#9 7 years ago

I'm trying to watch, but it's buffering bad.

Did these guys remove the center post? It's hard to tell. If so, I wouldn't mention that on the Alien thread.

#10 7 years ago

Ha- super cool game. wish someone who knew how to play was on the table- would be far more interesting to watch and get an idea of strategy and game play- but game looks friggin amazing.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm trying to watch, but it's buffering bad.
Did these guys remove the center post? It's hard to tell. If so, I wouldn't mention that on the Alien thread.

Yeah mine is buffering badly as well, I saw it hit the post a few times.

#12 7 years ago

Holy shit I'm digging the attract mode.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from rufessor:

Ha- super cool game. wish someone who knew how to play was on the table- would be far more interesting to watch and get an idea of strategy and game play- but game looks friggin amazing.

I understand and respect this, but since this is the first game released, how is anyone suppose to "know" how to play the game, and have experience in the strategy to give you what you want?

Game playing light years ahead of Expo, which was great in itself!

Looks like a hit on many levels!!!

#14 7 years ago

So much buffering, holy chit

#15 7 years ago

Would be cool to get Jack Danger to stream.

#16 7 years ago

I'm just getting constant buffering anyone else?

#17 7 years ago

a lot of buffering but about a minute straight video in between for me

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

a lot of buffering but about a minute straight video in between for me

Same here...

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I'm just getting constant buffering anyone else?

Yup, unwatchable for me.

2 sec then buffer. 2 sec then buffer.

#20 7 years ago

Every video I see of this game, it just doesn't impress me at all.

- Too much video interference effect going on almost all the time
- Little things like abbreviating Player to P is something I would change
- The looping videos for player start are not that great.
- The font effects are bland looking.
- When a mode is running, there's only a static image on the screen?
- There seemed to be video lag in the big display? Maybe it's the feed.
- The left outlane pegs, hope there's a purpose there, otherwise what's the point of that?
- Doesn't seem like a center post is necessary. Flipper gap isn't like GB.

It seems to shoot ok, but nothing fantastic.

Need to see a better video with better sound and better playing.

Rob

#21 7 years ago

I **loved** what I saw from that buffered video.

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Too much video interference effect going on almost all the time

I agree.

Cool effect, but way too much of it ruins it.

#23 7 years ago

Looks good.
What are some of the highlights of the stream?
Does the toy come out and grab a ball?
-mof

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from mof:

What are some of the highlights of the stream?

It was a little circle spinning round and round in the middle of the screen while we got a glimpse of gameplay.

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Every video I see of this game, it just doesn't impress me at all.

I think when u have to wait this long like JJP games the expectations are so high that unless a chest burster broke out of the center of the playfield and grabbed the ball its tough to get overly excited, I'm trying to take that into consideration while I watch this vid, also without a great player and just the sound from the game I can't pass judgment on the gameplay, cosmetically it looks amazing thats for sure but I've yet to experience that pin release where it blows me away, I will say I notice alot of things that need improvement code wise, the left ramp for instance seems to have nothing going on when the shot is made? and we have yet to see a ball capture by the Xeno head, but there is no denying that once this pin comes into its own it will be something special, the flow of shots looks great and I really like the clips thus far. I can't wait to see the LE.

#26 7 years ago

Is this video going to be uploaded to youtube? I didn't catch the live stream....

#27 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Is this video going to be uploaded to youtube? I didn't catch the live stream....

I agree. Please post a video on you tube. Live feeds can be sketchy.

#28 7 years ago

Hi. I don't want to go through all the videos...can someone tell me which one shows the Alien tongue come get the ball. Thanks.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hi. I don't want to go through all the videos...can someone tell me which one shows the Alien tongue come get the ball. Thanks.

Heighway Pinball page on youtube. One of the videos is titled Production Update and at the end he shows it. I'd link but im at work.

#30 7 years ago

Seems like the players are still figuring out how to play the machine. We may forget that even the best players have probably hundreds (thousands) of plays on the machines we see them play in tournaments, and I don't believe any of the people playing this game yesterday are ranked in the top 50 or anything. That said, the video was interesting. Once we get a high caliber player on the machine that's gotten a few games and a basic understanding under his/her belt, we'll likely see some great videos. Wonder how long the machine will be in Pittsburgh; if Bowen's around I'm guessing he'll go give the game a shot.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I'd link but im at work.

No worries. Thanks!

#32 7 years ago

Going to be another stream tonight somewhere between 8pm and 9pm. Should be the same link

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Going to be another stream tonight somewhere between 8pm and 9pm. Should be the same link

What time zone you in?

#35 7 years ago

The stream team has arrived. They are setting up for live streaming soon!

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

- Little things like abbreviating Player to P is something I would change

Fine tuning stuff like that will come in post-1.0 updates. Really, if this is the level of criticism we're at, I'll be ecstatic.

Quoted from Rob_G:

- When a mode is running, there's only a static image on the screen?

Most modes have full motion video backgrounds. A couple don't yet. Those will get filled in soon.

Quoted from Rob_G:

- The left outlane pegs, hope there's a purpose there, otherwise what's the point of that?

There's a skillful outlane ball save feature available. If one ball is locked toward Hypersleep Multiball, then the two outlanes will alternate lighting for ball save (stealing your own locked ball by doing so). If two balls are locked toward Hypersleep MB, then both outlane sides are lit for ball save, but it still costs you a ball lock.

Quoted from Hazoff:

the left ramp for instance seems to have nothing going on when the shot is made?

It has plenty going on in the code. I suspect the left ramp made switch just needs adjustment.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Fine tuning stuff like that will come in post-1.0 updates. Really, if this is the level of criticism we're at, I'll be ecstatic.

Most modes have full motion video backgrounds. A couple don't yet. Those will get filled in soon.

There's a skillful outlane ball save feature available. If one ball is locked toward Hypersleep Multiball, then the two outlanes will alternate lighting for ball save (stealing your own locked ball by doing so). If two balls are locked toward Hypersleep MB, then both outlane sides are lit for ball save, but it still costs you a ball lock.

It has plenty going on in the code. I suspect the left ramp made switch just needs adjustment.

How is the Alien ball grab feature activated. Last stream saw no balls grabbed.

Thanks.

#38 7 years ago

Try starting Ambush Multiball by hitting the Xeno targets several times.

(Truth in advertising: my prototype doesn't have the Xeno mech. Brian has been working with the Wales crew on the Xeno effects.)

#40 7 years ago

Alien pin looks awesome. What I'm not impressed with is Twitch.tv. Soooo Much .....buff..er..ing...

#41 7 years ago

..off line now.

#42 7 years ago

Well, at least the ads don't buffer!

#43 7 years ago

Nope, can't do it.

#45 7 years ago

buffering issues are much less for me now

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

buffering issues are much less for me now

Yep, straightened out a bit

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Alien pin looks awesome. What I'm not impressed with is Twitch.tv. Soooo Much .....buff..er..ing...

It's probably the upstream connection, Twitch has no problem streaming live video, I use it all the time to watch tournaments.

#48 7 years ago

Wish they'd unplug that overly loud Ghostbusters next to Alien so we could hear the game...

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Wish they'd unplug that overly loud Ghostbusters next to Alien so we could hear the game...

I told them that , but im not sure what they can or are willing to do. Best we got for now. Attn. Heighway ... ship me mine , i can play and i will show it right ...lol

#50 7 years ago

GI issues on the game? Lights flickering or just turning off for a while (right flipper area).

Rob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/live-a-l-i-e-n-p-i-n-b-a-l-l-stream/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.