5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by arakissun
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

I know that everyone have their storie.It will be interest to share it.
    Here is mine,the thing had happy end but it begin awful from nowhere.

STTNG
    Before 3 days I just replaced my rubbers of the slingshots.Played it several games and at the final game and final ball when I decided to go home,the ball hit the cardasian ship (the toy) and the toy just rotated on 90 degrees from the base.I was thinking that it just need to turn tight more the screw that hold it and nothing more.Easy fix.If I knew what will be I would never begin to do it at 20h PM.The whole thing took me about 3-4 hours,I just got home at around 01:30 AM.
    So I begin to turn it tight but stupid screw just rotated at one place.Not down and even not up to changed it eventually.
    I then felt that I will have problems with this.Tried,tried tried so many times,nothing.I begin angry.How so little thing may be so hard.
    So I decide that I must do everything that I can to remove it.So begin to rotate to remove it and at the same time to help with flat screwdrive from underside of the head of the screw (I did this many times in my life,so I know what I was doing).
    Looks like the screw somehow was turn around wrong before time and this thing damaged the thread on the screw or it's hole I cannot tell.
    The things begin more hard because the pedestal of the toy have round base and the flat screwdriver just didn't do it's job.
    When I successful turn around about 2-3mm I had a chance to extend the flat base of the pedestal and to remove pedestal with the toy on it from the screw.
    After that with many pushing I successful removed and the screw.Of course the thread on it was missing already,same for the hole.So no more screw of this type can be put there.
    I needed to find a way now to put again the palstic,one side of the gate of the spinner and of course the toy like before.
    I decided to use a spacer between the hole and the playfield and to use regular long screw that will go trough whole toy,gate,plastic,spacer and will be screwed in the playfield.
    These spacers (Williams/Bally/DE/SEGA) have enough bug hole,but the problem was that the hole at the ball guide (which was damage already) had about 2mm small whole and the screw didn't go trough it.
    Lucky that the spacer was exactly high and fit perfect without cut it or to be small.
    So I drilled (extended) the problematic hole to be more big.
    After that was the easy part-to put all elements and to screw everything strong.

Sorry that I don't have more pics but I know you will understand me when I was angry it was not time for pics.
    And when I took a look my watch it was around 01:30AM.
    But I was happy after all that this thing was fixed,because sooner or later it will be problem.

#2 5 years ago

Dropping a screw and first searching for it, eventually finding it, and then trying to retrieve it because it went in some godawful place under the playfield.
    (drops the mic)

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from wayout440:

Dropping a screw

Did you ever notice that if you drop a screw and watch it fall, it sticks to the ground where it fell? But, if you drop a screw and don't see it fall, you find it two years later cleaning under the refrigerator in the kitchen downstairs.

#4 5 years ago

Stainless hardware is nice. . . but unfortunately not magnetic so when you do drop something down that tiny little opening the magnet on a stick will not bring it back for you.

#5 5 years ago

Oh these screws.I can remember when I did this on Big Guns.And when began to think scare things like-short on matrix or other things.I just finished with this story finding it at the end of the playfield stuck just behind the center where you load the ball for the Kings'c chamber.I just needed of course to removed almost everything until found it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/little-things-repairsfixes-who-eat-the-time and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.