(Topic ID: 46385)

Little Shop of Games Open House 2013 Video

By John_I

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2422.JPG
    IMG_2342.JPG
    #1 11 years ago

This party gets bigger every year. This year it was huge. Thanks to Curly and Diane. Also, thanks to Donny for running another stellar IFPA tournament. Too much cool stuff to mention. There were two NIB Sterns raffled off and all kinds of other great prizes. The was great pinball, great food, but most of all a great bunch of people.

Here is a video and some pictures to give a flavor:

IMG_2342.JPGIMG_2342.JPG IMG_2422.JPGIMG_2422.JPG

#2 11 years ago

I came close to driving down, but had to work. Maybe next year! Looks like a lot of fun!

#3 11 years ago

Nice video, John. Great time was had by all! Thanks for posting.

#4 11 years ago

Diggin the trophies those are pretty unique and cool.

#5 11 years ago

Dude, are you kidding... those trophies are ALL TIME! Great work by Brian for sure

#6 11 years ago

ALL TIME?

#7 11 years ago

So 'all time,' there's an echo in the room (plus we posted at the same time)!

And if that term doesn't translate well, 'all time' could also be epic/sick/awesome/perfect/money/etc/etc

#8 11 years ago

dude those trophies are BEAST.

Gotcha nibbles just was not sure the use of the phrase.

#9 11 years ago

'Boss' also would have been an acceptable answer

#10 11 years ago

cool trophies, you should offer to sell, call games room addition

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

cool trophies, you should offer to sell, call games room addition

I agree. Those are some cool trophies!

#13 11 years ago

please boot above user "oijif" spamming every thread with random website. Not selling pinball anything just a mall.

#14 11 years ago

Great event as always. Thanks to Curly for setting this up every year.

#15 11 years ago

It was a great time, and picked up a pin a good price, hope they raised a lot of money.

#16 11 years ago

It was a great time i'm really happy that Eric with the WOZ translite won the AC/DC pin its his frist game and the best part we all helpped mans best friend the dogs

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I agree. Those are some cool trophies!

Yes, Brian is very talented. Must be nice to be able to dream up something like that and build it in your own shop. Believe me, they stand up to the closest of inspections too. They are truly a work of art. I've gotten some of his stencils custom made for me and they are top notch too. The guys who won trophies at the Open House were really stoked about getting them home and putting them in a prominent place!

Here is Brian's site. His Tron toppers are pretty cool too:
    http://www.gamestencils.com

#18 11 years ago

Little Shop of Games open house was crazy this year, I had a blast. Curly does it like nobody else when it comes to pinball parties. Donny put on a masterful tournament in a very short timeframe!

Seems every event has something really uniquely cool happen in florida. This time around it was a true pinball enthusiast winning his first dream pinball in the pinball raffle. It was really a sight and awesome to see someone just over the moon not because of the value, but because he loves the game!

Thanks for the comments on the trophies, it was fun doing that design so all the parts fit together just right and i'm really happy they were well received!

#19 11 years ago

Very nice! What a great bunch of people.

#20 11 years ago

Just wanted to add how much fun I had as always. Curly and everyone else should be really proud of the event. Already looking forward to next year.

gamewarp.org

#21 11 years ago

I agree those trophies are very cool, and I kinda want one.

Y'all make me very jealous of events like this. I apparently need to move to Florida where pinball rules supreme. I'd melt once it hit 78 degrees though, sadly. Hopefully something pinball related is going on again this year when I'm on vacation in October.

#22 11 years ago

There are a lot of good pinball people in Florida. I am proud to be in the state.

There are a lot of good annual shows which keep getting better: APE, LSOG Open House, Gamewarp, Southern Pinball Festival. All of these events offer tourneys for IFPA points if that is your thing. If you don't want to compete, there are always plenty of games to play at the shows.

There is the Pinball Asylum on the southwest coast of Florida which is a private club and also hosts periodic IFPA tourneys.

There are local leagues/clubs popping up.

There are a lot of collectors around the state.

Florida is hot, and not just weather-wise

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/little-shop-of-games-open-house-2013-video and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.