(Topic ID: 160535)

Little Known Game Rules / Quirks - Owners Edition

By caker137

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider caker137.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

So I'm interested to hear those little secrets you've discovered playing your game. You know those things that maybe only a few people have picked up on, maybe they're helpful or just fun, but not something that is obvious or documented in the rulesheet online.

Here is one to get us started:

TRON (Animation Skips):

Depending on your adjust settings, whenever the ball enters the scoop to start a mode, you can usually hit the flipper buttons to skip the DMD animations and get back to play sooner. This is more than just a convenience; when you start light cycles multiball or quorra multiball, the ball save timer begins running during the animations. If you allow those animations to run, you are sacrificing precious seconds of ball save, so hit those flipper buttons to get all your safe ball seconds!

But be careful! While the skip is mostly disabled, there is a brief moment of time during the start animation of Sea of Simulation where you can skip out. If you do cancel that animation, the game does not award your points for the modes completed before jumping into Sea!

Whose next, whatcha got? I have a few more I'll post later too.

#7 7 years ago

Stern Star Trek:
    You can get all three skill shots on a single ball. When you launch the ball from the shooter lane you can go for one of three skill shots by either holding your left flipper while launching, holding your right flipper while launching, or short plunging and shooting the side ramp. Everyone knows that. However less commonly known is that if you end up back into the shooter lane during that same ball, like by shooting under the upper right flipper, you can choose to attempt one of the other skill shots you did not try when first launching the ball. Just hold the other flipper up and go for the other skill shot. There won't be a graphic shown to tell you to try for the shot, but if you make the shot, it will show the skill shot success animation and give you the points. This doesn't always work, so it's probably a bug, but it works more than half the time I try it. I usually go for the "left flipper button" skill shot on ball launch, and the "right flipper button" skill shot when I get back n there. Once you've tried one of the skill shots, it is unavailable for the remainder of the ball, so try for a different one each time you get to the shooter lane.

Side note: if you have a mode running with the right orbit lit, and you attempt the right button skill shot as your second skill shot, if the ball successfully rebounds off the diverter down the right orbit, it will credit you with a hit to that right orbit for the mode.

#28 7 years ago

Stern Star Trek:

When you start the vengeance multiball, your ball is held under the ship, and during a lengthy DMD animation a second ball is launched into play so that you can hit the ball on the magnet to add a ball for multiball. If during the animation you flip your flippers, you can skip this animation, however you don't want to do that. When you skip the animation, the 15second timer to hit the ball starts immediately. If you don't flip, the animation will play out while your ball is launched into play, and once the animation finishes the 15second timer then starts, giving you effectively 5 to 10 extra second of ball save and time to shoot the ball.

Seconds matter people

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider caker137.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/little-known-game-rules-quirks-owners-edition?tu=caker137 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.