View topic image gallery

FunhousePF_-_During2_(3).jpg
FunhousePF_-_During2.jpg
FunhousePF_-_During_(1).jpg
FunhousePF_-_Before_(5).JPG
FunhousePF_-_Before_(4).JPG
#1 11 years ago

not bad so far!

FunhousePF_-_Before_(4).JPGFunhousePF_-_Before_(4).JPG FunhousePF_-_Before_(5).JPGFunhousePF_-_Before_(5).JPG FunhousePF_-_During_(1).jpgFunhousePF_-_During_(1).jpg

#2 11 years ago

FunhousePF_-_During2.jpgFunhousePF_-_During2.jpg FunhousePF_-_During2_(3).jpgFunhousePF_-_During2_(3).jpg

#3 11 years ago

Wow. That mylar was brown!

Looking alot better after the Novus! Are you gonna get it clearcoated?

#4 11 years ago

I'm thinking insert decals, touch up, varathane...

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

I'm thinking insert decals, touch up, varathane...

I have 2 varathaned playfields now and if you wait long enough and sand them properly it really comes out nice! It helps if you have a buddy who used to be an auto body tech to get advice on the sanding.

That mylar came off nice! I have a FH and a TZ that are mylar covered and someday I might have the nerve to try it! Im a bit apprehensive because my Pinbot was mylar covered and I froze it off but getting the adhesive off tore up a lot of paint because the playfield was planking a bit.
Looking good so far I cant wait for the after shots!

#6 11 years ago

I've done the varathane once before on a space shuttle and it turned out great even with a lot of touchups.

Most of the mylar I pulled up wasn't factory as you can see that wear spot to the right of the clock which was UNDER the mylar, along with a lot of dirt. Apparently whoever put it down decided they didn't need to clean it before putting down that protective layer? Crazy. I did pull up the factory mylar between the pops but left the slingshot mylar as it looked good.

I used the freeze spray again and it worked like a champ, this is the third time I've used it and never had any paint lift. Space shuttle, Bonebusters, Funhouse.. maybe I'm just lucky.

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

I've done the varathane once before on a Space Shuttle and it turned out great even with a lot of touchups.
Most of the mylar I pulled up wasn't factory as you can see that wear spot to the right of the clock which was UNDER the mylar, along with a lot of dirt. Apparently whoever put it down decided they didn't need to clean it before putting down that protective layer? Crazy. I did pull up the factory mylar between the pops but left the slingshot mylar as it looked good.
I used the freeze spray again and it worked like a champ, this is the third time I've used it and never had any paint lift. Space Shuttle, Bonebusters, Funhouse.. maybe I'm just lucky.

Have you tried the flour method people are talking about for the adhesive?

#8 11 years ago

I actually did try that.. and it didn't work at all.. it just made a messy process messier. Maybe I did it wrong.. I even had the same orange Goo Gone gel spray bottle in the posters picture but... little elbow grease, didn't take too long the old fashion way.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from mystic:

I actually did try that.. and it didn't work at all.. it just made a messy process messier. Maybe I did it wrong.. I even had the same orange Goo Gone gel spray bottle in the posters picture but... little elbow grease, didn't take too long the old fashion way.

Hmm could just be a hoax I guess, a way to make us get our playfields doughy lol

#10 11 years ago

I also just tried the flour. Certainly no miracle, at least for me. I'll stick with Orange Power.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 29.95
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/little-funhouse-playfield-project and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.