You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bonus unit circuits (resized).jpg
Williams score reel advice (resized).JPG
William score reel switches (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EMsInKC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 3 years ago

If the game scores 10 points on the startup that's almost always a standup switch behind a rubber. This happens a lot on newly rerubbered games for the obvious reason that the new rubbers aren't stretched yet.

If it does that then it would not score 10 points after that because the 10 point relay is locked on. If it does score after that it's a different issue.

Start a game and go around and pull each rubber from the respective switch. When you find it you'll hear everything release. But since this seems to be scoring 50 I think you have a different issue.

#17 3 years ago
Quoted from paulace:

Well, you still have a couple things going on. Obviously, your 1000 pt relay is firing steadily - but not stuck on like your 10 pt relay was, so likely a different problem. Although, since it began after you worked on the EOS score reel switches, I would look again at the one you adjusted and make sure it's opening and closing correctly - but to be honest, an EOS switch won't cause that behavior - it's just curious that it started after you adjusted a switch. Could you have bumped or bent something close by while you were working on that switch?
If you have a schematic, look at what makes the 1000 pt relay fire. I do hear your score motor running constantly too, but I don't know if that's a cause or a symptom yet
Also, when the 1,000 pt score goes past "9", the 10,000 score doesn't increase. That's most likely another switch problem in the score reels. There is a switch on each score reel that closes when the score reel gets to "9" - it's open at other times. Look closely at that switch and make sure it's operating correctly. You can compare it to the same switch on an adjacent score reel if you have one that's working correctly. Look for broken solder joints up there in the score reels also - a loose wire that's just hanging out there.
Look at the attached photos. I would go through each score reel and clean all the switch contacts, look for broken wires - carefully examine them and make sure as you click the score reel around with your finger (by pressing the plunger all the way in, then releasing it), that the switches open and close when they should. I know there are 16 score reels, which makes 64 switches, but they all have to work correctly for the game to work.
Start there and good luck!
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

This drawing is incorrect for positions 0-8. Whoever drew it drew the long blade on the top switch in the wrong position. It should be as it is shown in the ninth position. Basically at 0 all switches are open, at 1-8 the top two are closed and the bottom which is the 9 position switch is open, and at 9 all switches are closed. The 9 position switch is at the bottom of the stack, not the top.

#18 3 years ago

You've got bonus unit issues. It should reset to zero then to 1000 for each ball. It acts like it's not stepping properly at least from those videos.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from paulace:

Thanks EMsInKC for catching those drawings if they're wrong. I don't have a Williams machine nearby to check them. I'll get rid of them to avoid confusion.

The picture you posted is correct at position 9.

Bally reels work like this too. They're very similar but not interchangeable unfortunately.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EMsInKC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/little-chief-50-point-chime-sticks-on?tu=EMsInKC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.