(Topic ID: 234344)

LIT FRAMES: New website + discount code ;)

By midcoastsurf

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What frame size would you MOST like to see next?”

• Stern DMD 25 votes
    26%
  • 90's WMS/Bally 48 votes
    51%
  • Sys 11 17 votes
    18%
  • Data East 5 votes
    5%

(95 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4067 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4069 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 11.16.26?PM (resized).png
IMG_8739 (resized).jpg
20230612_200159 (resized).jpg
20230612_200219 (resized).jpg
IMG_7064 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7065 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7066 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7070 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7075 (resized).jpeg
Collage (resized).png
336A1505-34CD-4E4C-8A9E-9ED0FDC5B146 (resized).jpeg
17F55591-2024-4750-AFAD-A32308EB3992 (resized).jpeg
CE7C9A91-EA59-4EFC-80EE-22D7D54663D8 (resized).jpeg
There are 625 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 13.
#1 5 years ago

Looking for the perfect and affordable solution to show off your pinball translite? Introducing Lit Frames. An RGBW LED backlit, Black aluminum snap-edge, front loading frame to show of your pinball translite.

Product Details
- Custom built to fit Stern LCD, Stern DMD, and 90's WMS/Bally.
- Full RGBW LED strips with light diffuser panel for even light distribution
- Backlit light can be a color or from cool to warm white
- Crystal clear plexi to hold translite flat and protect from damage
- Black aluminum snap edge frame for easy swapping of translites in seconds
- Frame illuminates the translite better than the game does
- Swap translites in seconds without any tools
- Weighs only 10 pounds and as thin as a picture frame (3/4”)
- 6' cord coming off the frame (can hide behind a wall without connections inside the wall)
- Remote control:
- Background color OR cool to warm white
- Brightness
- ON/OFF
- Includes battery the remote
- Includes picture hanging wire
- 30 day warranty

UPDATED 6/14/23 to reflect new pricing with FREE shipping to lower 48 states:

$199 = Stern LCD - RGBW
$199 = Stern DMD - RGBW
$209 = 90's WMS/Bally - RGBW

litframes.com/shop

Frames are 3/4" Thick

IMG_9482 (resized).JPGIMG_9482 (resized).JPG56947704692__0A449B56-1211-47BB-867D-D7C7AB8AF181 (resized).JPG56947704692__0A449B56-1211-47BB-867D-D7C7AB8AF181 (resized).JPGIron Maiden (resized).jpgIron Maiden (resized).jpgStar Wars (resized).jpgStar Wars (resized).jpgIMG_9507 (resized).jpgIMG_9507 (resized).jpgIMG_9509 (resized).jpgIMG_9509 (resized).jpgIMG_9508 (resized).JPGIMG_9508 (resized).JPGIMG_9510 (resized).jpgIMG_9510 (resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

Midcoast, where were you about 6 months ago when I had to make my own light box because no one else did. Lol. Your pricing is very good since it cost me about 100 bucks to make mine. I made my light box to fit Williams translates Great service and pricing you are providing

#3 5 years ago

150 is kinda spendy though. Affordable is a stretch

#4 5 years ago

Beauties

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Feel free to make them and sell them to us for less.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Yeah $150.00 is a lot of cash, but for me to buy the LEDS, wood, frame, my production time, it cost me somewhere in the area of $100.00. Also he is including shipping. I think $150.00 is a good price if you need one. Also I bought a nail gun to use as well. That was a good investment since I use it in other areas, but I bought it mainly for this project.

#7 5 years ago

These look great! I'll take aluminum over mdf all day and I really like the thin profile. How is this backlit so well with such a thin profile?

#8 5 years ago

Looks fantastic!

#9 5 years ago

Outstanding!! Definitely chose the Stern DMD translites as the second option, as Stern gives those away like crazy for tournaments & launch parties......

#10 5 years ago

Stern dmd all the way

#11 5 years ago

Jersey Jack size also please

#12 5 years ago

Trudat.. i have a DI trans as well.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Midcoast, where were you about 6 months ago when I had to make my own light box because no one else did. Lol. Your pricing is very good since it cost me about 100 bucks to make mine. I made my light box to fit Williams translates Great service and pricing you are providing

Wiggy, thank you for the kind words! I was in a similar boat, but didn't have the space or tools to go down the woodworking route. I also wanted something light with a thin profile and easy swapping capabilities. Both have their place.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

These look great! I'll take aluminum over mdf all day and I really like the thin profile. How is this backlit so well with such a thin profile?

Thank you! There are two LED strips, one at the top and one at the bottom that run the width of the frame. The center white panel diffuses the light evenly. It's hard to capture how good these look with pictures. If only the real games used these

Check out this how-to vid I created. You can see the white diffuser panel and how the frame edge works.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Outstanding!! Definitely chose the Stern DMD translites as the second option, as Stern gives those away like crazy for tournaments & launch parties......

Stern DMD and JJP are getting the most requests right now. What size is a JJP translite? Is DI different than WOZ and Hobbit?

Right now, I'm leaning towards a frame that fits around 26 3/4" x 18 1/2". It will accommodate up to 27" x 19", you would just lose 1/4" or so extra behind the frame. This should cover WPC, Sys11, and Stern DMD?

#18 5 years ago

White diffuse panel. Very smart!

Just a suggestion. It might be worth designing one that fits an actual backglass and not just a translite. Many dudes have great old backglasses poorly displayed with no backlighting. That's not the way they were meant to be displayed. I recently paid a framing shop an arm and a leg to custom build a nice backlit shadow box for this one backglass I had. It was very cost prohibitive. I'd LOVE to see a $150 solution with a thin profile.

#19 5 years ago

Any chance of getting one of these without the LEDs? I've already got a set of 10mm wide RGBW LED from Amazon I was planning to use to build something like this out of wood. I LOVE the rest of it though!

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Stern DMD and JJP are getting the most requests right now. What size is a JJP translite? Is DI different than WOZ and Hobbit?

24.5 inches High by 27 inches wide. I have DI, WOZ, TH, JJPOTC promotional translites and they are all that same size.

20190122_190243 (resized).jpg20190122_190243 (resized).jpg20190122_190309 (resized).jpg20190122_190309 (resized).jpg
#21 5 years ago

Looks more like 24 9/16 x 27 1/16

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

White diffuse panel. Very smart!
Just a suggestion. It might be worth designing one that fits an actual backglass and not just a translite. Many dudes have great old backglasses poorly displayed with no backlighting. That's not the way they were meant to be displayed. I recently paid a framing shop an arm and a leg to custom build a nice backlit shadow box for this one backglass I had. It was very cost prohibitive. I'd LOVE to see a $150 solution with a thin profile.

Yes, a few have messaged me about backglasses, but I'm focusing on translites right now. Who is on the hook if my frame can't support the weight of your backglass and it shatters? I don't want to think about that one. Not saying it can't be done...maybe down the road.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

Any chance of getting one of these without the LEDs? I've already got a set of 10mm wide RGBW LED from Amazon I was planning to use to build something like this out of wood. I LOVE the rest of it though!

Thanks! I don't plan on making unlit frames at this time. I'd have to change the company name from Lit Frames to...well...Frames. Just not as sexy. Maybe Michaels will build you a custom size frame if you want to DIY light it yourself?

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

24.5 inches High by 27 inches wide. I have DI, WOZ, TH, JJPOTC promotional translites and they are all that same size.
[quoted image][quoted image]

KingBW for the win!!! You sir are a hero. Messaging you now.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Looks more like 24 9/16 x 27 1/16

I would believe both. I find it hard to accurately take pics of the measurements from a tape measure given the angles.

#26 5 years ago

According to the JJP website the DI is 27 x 24.5 ... great work I’m interested for sure.

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Thanks! I don't plan on making unlit frames at this time. I'd have to change the company name from Lit Frames to...well...Frames. Just not as sexy. Maybe Michaels will build you a custom size frame if you want to DIY light it yourself?

Trans light frames? I’m glad someone is tackling this again. I keep running into dead threads about this. I’ve reached out to companies that make the same type of thing for movie posters and had no response. Micheals has always been expensive in my mind but I’ll check it out again. Your price Point seems good and the size is what I’m looking for (Stern lcd). I assume you don’t want to give away all your construction methods but would it be easy to pull out your lights and add my own?

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

According to the JJP website the DI is 27 x 24.5 ... great work I’m interested for sure.

You are on the list and message sent. Thanks for double checking the size! Didn't realize they had it on their website.

#29 5 years ago

Stern LCD like your already providing.
Stern DMD is easily my second choice.
Bally/WMS my 3rd choice.

#30 5 years ago

Received my frame yesterday and some translites from Stern today. Great job. Love it.

IMG_1374.JPGIMG_1374.JPG
#31 5 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Received my frame yesterday and some translites from Stern today. Great job. Love it.
[quoted image]

Glad to hear it, looks great!

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

$150 for a lit frame is a great price. It is difficult to make a DIY version for under $100 (you might if you are good with wood working)
Spotlight Frames charges $65 just for a frame (which is also a great price)
Other retailers sell backlit frames for upwards of $400 or more!

#33 5 years ago

I have one of these frames and I can't even begin to describe how truly awesome it is. Swapping my translites on the fly is a huge benefit and takes 30 seconds. One of the coolest pieces in my gameroom and Brad is a super nice guy to deal with.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from chrismcb:

$150 for a lit frame is a great price. It is difficult to make a DIY version for under $100 (you might if you are good with wood working)
Spotlight Frames charges $65 just for a frame (which is also a great price)
Other retailers sell backlit frames for upwards of $400 or more!

Agree Especially when you consider my price includes shipping.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

I have one of these frames and I can't even begin to describe how truly awesome it is. Swapping my translites on the fly is a huge benefit and takes 30 seconds. One of the coolest pieces in my gameroom and Brad is a super nice guy to deal with.

Thanks for the kind words Ken!

#36 5 years ago

They look great - looking forward to the DMD Stern size.

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

They look great - looking forward to the DMD Stern size.

Thanks! I’ll PM you when in stock.

#38 5 years ago

I assume these use light guide panels. I have some frames similar to these that I bought for movie posters and I paid almost $300 each for those. Plus shipping!

If these are indeed LGP frames, the lighting is very bright and even. $150 shipped is a good price. And the ability to swap easily using the front snap frame is very convenient.

Looking forward to WPC and SYS11. Would love these for backglasses as well but understand your concerns.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I assume these use light guide panels. I have some frames similar to these that I bought for movie posters and I paid almost $300 each for those. Plus shipping!
If these are indeed LGP frames, the lighting is very bright and even. $150 shipped is a good price. And the ability to swap easily using the front snap frame is very convenient.
Looking forward to WPC and SYS11. Would love these for backglasses as well but understand your concerns.

Hi Robert, PM sent, and posting a few answers here for the group.

My frames have an led strip running the width of the frame, one at the top and one at the bottom. They shine into a diffuser panel for even lighting. I wish Stern used a diffuser panel in their backbox.

I plan on doing movie poster frames as well, but focus now is pinball.

1 week later
#40 5 years ago

I'd be interested in a stern DMD one and also one that would fit Revenge from Mars translite

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from britrex1:

I'd be interested in a stern DMD one and also one that would fit Revenge from Mars translite

PM sent

#42 5 years ago

Pm sent

1 month later
#43 5 years ago

New frames are in! I currently have stock of Stern DMD and Stern LCD. Also making JJP promo and 90's WMS/Bally based on demand. PM me if interested.

I made a few improvements to the latest design thanks to customer feedback:

- 6' cord coming off the frame (can hide behind a wall without connections inside the wall)
- On/Off switch
- Dimmer switch
- 30 day warranty

Pricing includes shipping within lower 48:
Stern LCD = $150
Stern DMD = $150
90's WMS/Bally = $165
JJP Promo = $175 (this thing is a beast and fits the promo translite measuring 27" x 24.5"

Thanks,
Brad

#44 5 years ago

Another happy customer. Thanks Tony!

CAFC6C44-9BA2-4F8B-A787-4651D37BE3C9 (resized).jpegCAFC6C44-9BA2-4F8B-A787-4651D37BE3C9 (resized).jpeg
#45 5 years ago

Here are the JJP size translites. The ones with the area light on appear all washed out, but that is mostly the way my phone exposed the pic, so just observe the size and how the frame looks on those. The closeups in the dark are more realistic of what they really look like. WOZ by far looks the best. JJPOTC looks great with the light dimmed just a bit. DI colors aren't vivid, so that one needs a little dimming also. TH ... the main dragon screen is pretty washed out no matter what you do. The other part is a little washed out like how it is in the game. Maybe if I use one of those gels that some people used in their game, it might look better. Each JJP translite is made from a different material. They should have stayed with the bright colored glossy one that looks like a photograph on the WOZ. As for the lit frame itself, it is great and with the dimmer you can tweak it in to your liking. Yes, I would recommend this lit frame. I might even buy more in the future for some Stern translites. This is my honest review. Come on JJP, go back to the WOZ translite material for the promotional translites.

20190321_202739 (resized).jpg20190321_202739 (resized).jpg20190321_202912 (resized).jpg20190321_202912 (resized).jpg20190321_202146 (resized).jpg20190321_202146 (resized).jpg20190321_202229 (resized).jpg20190321_202229 (resized).jpg

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Here are the JJP size translites.

Thanks for the honest review and posting pics! Unfortunate that different translite materials were used. I was not aware of this. I agree, POTC and WOZ look better than the other two. I’ll have to look into different gels or filter panels that could go behind these for the JJP translites. All the other Stern translites and Bally/WMS translites I have tried look incredible backlit, but some of them do require adjustments to brightness depending on the colors in the translite.

#47 5 years ago

Very cool! I need to get a couple of these.
...following...

#48 5 years ago

Do these fit Spooky? TNA, ACNC?

#49 5 years ago

I have one of Brads fist ones, have it hanging in my garage/shop/gameroom II to hide the garage door opener. Quality of build it Top Notch and it's the perfect brightness.

IMGA0902 (resized).JPGIMGA0902 (resized).JPGIMGA0905 (resized).JPGIMGA0905 (resized).JPGIMGA0906 (resized).JPGIMGA0906 (resized).JPGIMGA0911 (resized).JPGIMGA0911 (resized).JPG
#50 5 years ago

I got me one coming my way for Star Trek. Signed by Steve, Only fitting that his signature should be in something as cool as him!!!
Ok, well close to as cool as him

There are 625 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lit-frames-led-backlit-translite-frames?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.