(Topic ID: 234344)

LIT FRAMES: New website + discount code ;)

By midcoastsurf

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What frame size would you MOST like to see next?”

• Stern DMD 25 votes
    26%
  • 90's WMS/Bally 48 votes
    51%
  • Sys 11 17 votes
    18%
  • Data East 5 votes
    5%

(95 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4067 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4069 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 11.16.26?PM (resized).png
IMG_8739 (resized).jpg
20230612_200159 (resized).jpg
20230612_200219 (resized).jpg
IMG_7064 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7065 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7066 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7070 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7075 (resized).jpeg
Collage (resized).png
336A1505-34CD-4E4C-8A9E-9ED0FDC5B146 (resized).jpeg
17F55591-2024-4750-AFAD-A32308EB3992 (resized).jpeg
CE7C9A91-EA59-4EFC-80EE-22D7D54663D8 (resized).jpeg
There are 625 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 13.
#251 4 years ago

I have Brad’s Beetlejuice signed translight and frame and I love it. Super high quality. The remote effects on that translight are awesome. It changes look like a hologram. Really cool. Also for those asking about needing the remote to turn on, I connected it to an Amazon Smart Plug and it turns on automatically with the rest of my pinball room.

Check out the differences in the pictures.

8E943DA5-8778-4A63-B2E2-A4DAED2731F7 (resized).jpeg8E943DA5-8778-4A63-B2E2-A4DAED2731F7 (resized).jpegC9C6E7C8-80A0-4217-A90B-9C29DF72A3A6 (resized).jpegC9C6E7C8-80A0-4217-A90B-9C29DF72A3A6 (resized).jpeg
#252 4 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

No, no. I HAVE the remote. Just mentioning no actual on/off button on the frame itself. That’s all.

I misread what you wrote. You may be able to turn it on via remote, then turn it on/off if plugged into a power strip or switch-controlled wall outlet (haven’t tried it, so no promises

#254 4 years ago

Looking forward to it

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

I misread what you wrote. You may be able to turn it on via remote, then turn it on/off if plugged into a power strip or switch-controlled wall outlet (haven’t tried it, so no promises

You can, I have all 5 of mine on one power strip which is hooked up to a controlled outlet.

#256 4 years ago

I have a custom DM translite that I would like framed. Do you ship to Canada?

Thanks!

#257 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

I have a custom DM translite that I would like framed. Do you ship to Canada?
Thanks!

Thanks for the interest! I shipped one frame to Canada and the time researching and filling out all the forms wasn’t worth it in the end. Do you have any friends near the border or do you ever come down to the states? Easier to ship to a friend in the US if you ever visit. Thanks

#258 4 years ago

Thanks for the interest! I shipped one frame to Canada and the time researching and filling out all the forms wasn’t worth it in the end. Do you have any friends near the border or do you ever come down to the states? Easier to ship to a friend in the US if you ever visit. Thanks

Although that's unfortunate...I do appreciate the reply. The frames look great

#259 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Although that's unfortunate...I do appreciate the reply. The frames look great

Thank you! Come visit my showroom in Chicago and you won’t have to pay shipping

#260 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

You can, I have all 5 of mine on one power strip which is hooked up to a controlled outlet.

Pics or it didn’t happen

#261 4 years ago

What forms? It's one form that takes maybe 30 seconds or less to fill out when shipping with any major carrier, especially USPS makes it mega easy.

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

What forms? It's one form that takes maybe 30 seconds or less to fill out when shipping with any major carrier, especially USPS makes it mega easy.

There were 4-5 separate forms that UPS required. Good thought on USPS, let me check into it. Thanks!

#263 4 years ago

There were 4-5 separate forms that UPS required. Good thought on USPS, let me check into it. Thanks!

Yes, I ship to Canada and all over the world for my mods. It's expensive but just one page via USPS.

#264 4 years ago

What size is the TNA translite? Which frame does it fit?

#265 4 years ago
Quoted from Whitenoise3000:

What size is the TNA translite? Which frame does it fit?

Fits the Stern LCD size frame

#266 4 years ago

Hey guys

I just want to give a big shout out to Lit Frames. Just installed two of them in our game room, and they look great! The build quality on these frames is top notch! And the different colors you can dial up give your translites a whole new look. Definitely a thumbs up from me!

Cheers,
MacJedi

IMG_3738 (resized).jpgIMG_3738 (resized).jpg
#267 4 years ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

Hey guys
I just want to give a big shout out to Lit Frames. Just installed two of them in our game room, and they look great!

Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing!

#268 4 years ago

midcoastsurf I sent you a PM. Looking to order some custom sizes.

Chris

#269 4 years ago

Cyber Monday deals?

#270 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Cyber Monday deals?

Absolutely, good through end of the year:

$10 off any frame or translite + get 1 entry per item ordered to win a signed/numbered Christopher Franchi Superman ‘78
Translite. All prices include shipping to lower 48.

ART ONLY:

AFM alternate translite from Brian Allen - $130 sale price
SM '78 Signed/Numbered translite from Christopher Franchi - $150 sale price

FRAME ONLY:

Stern LCD or DMD - $179 sale price
90’s WMS/Bally - $189 sale price

ART + FRAME:

Superman ‘78 w/ frame - $320 sale price
AFM alternate translite from Brian Allen + RGBW LED Frame - $309 sale price
TNA translite w/ frame - $250 sale price (back in stock in around 12/9)

#271 4 years ago

Ordered 2, thanks!

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Ordered 2, thanks!

Thanks! Sent you an email.

#273 4 years ago

December is your chance to enter to win a limited edition, signed and numbered (1 of 25) Superman '78 translites from Christopher Franchi. One entry per frame or translite purchased until Dec. 31, 2019.

IMG_1739 (resized).JPGIMG_1739 (resized).JPGIMG_1740 (resized).JPGIMG_1740 (resized).JPG
#274 4 years ago

Do you have a pic of the AFM translite?

Absolutely, good through end of the year:
$10 off any frame or translite + get 1 entry per item ordered to win a signed/numbered Christopher Franchi Superman ‘78
ART ONLY:
FRAME ONLY:
ART + FRAME:
TNA translite w/ frame - $250 sale price (back in stock in around 12/9)

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Do you have a pic of the AFM translite?

8378B281-08FC-4AC8-AD22-F6F047B303CA (resized).jpeg8378B281-08FC-4AC8-AD22-F6F047B303CA (resized).jpegFF9E94D7-904F-47AA-9BB9-1CB7912A8C27 (resized).jpegFF9E94D7-904F-47AA-9BB9-1CB7912A8C27 (resized).jpeg3FEE8D9E-BC94-4E2C-8B86-EB3BD481C8D2 (resized).jpeg3FEE8D9E-BC94-4E2C-8B86-EB3BD481C8D2 (resized).jpeg
#276 4 years ago

Specials good through Dec. 31, 2019:

ART ONLY:

FRAME ONLY:

ART + FRAME:

TNA translite w/ frame - $250 sale price

#277 4 years ago

Lookin’ good!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#278 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Lookin’ good![quoted image]

Looks great! Thanks for sharing!

#279 4 years ago

Perhaps it is the AFM remake translite, but it does not seem to fit this frame correctly. Quite a noticeable gap around the edges even when perfectly centered. Any suggestions on a fix? I am thinking a small strip of electrical tape around the border?

IMG_7187 (resized).JPGIMG_7187 (resized).JPG
#280 4 years ago
Quoted from dugmar:

Perhaps it is the AFM remake translite, but it does not seem to fit this frame correctly. Quite a noticeable gap around the edges even when perfectly centered. Any suggestions on a fix? I am thinking a small strip of electrical tape around the border?[quoted image]

It's odd you say that because of all of my frames, my 1 Williams/Bally I had the hardest time ensuring that I had no light bleed. I finally got it 100% perfect on the ground but the tolerances were so tight by the time I hooked it on the nails, it slid down and I have light bleed. Was the only piece of frustration I had with my purchase (aside from the complex math involved in lining 5 of them up just perfectly lol).

#281 4 years ago
Quoted from dugmar:

Perhaps it is the AFM remake translite, but it does not seem to fit this frame correctly. Quite a noticeable gap around the edges even when perfectly centered. Any suggestions on a fix? I am thinking a small strip of electrical tape around the border?[quoted image]

Thanks for posting a pic. I sent you a PM. Depending on which batch of translites you have, it could be one of the original runs. I had one from Brian Allen at Chicago Expo and it fit fine in the actual machine, but was slightly smaller than a regular WMS/Bally translite and I ran into the same issue when trying to light it up in a frame at my booth. I have AFM alternate translites from Brian that are made to fit my frame (WMS/Bally size - I requested they be an exact size after the expo experience) - the pics you see a few posts up in this thread.

#282 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

It's odd you say that because of all of my frames, my 1 Williams/Bally I had the hardest time ensuring that I had no light bleed. I finally got it 100% perfect on the ground but the tolerances were so tight by the time I hooked it on the nails, it slid down and I have light bleed. Was the only piece of frustration I had with my purchase (aside from the complex math involved in lining 5 of them up just perfectly lol).

Which WMS/Bally translite was this? Possibly tape the top two corners down once centered? (tape hidden by frame border) I'm sure there is some variance across all the WMS/Bally games produced during the 90's.

#283 4 years ago

Which WMS/Bally translite was this? Possibly tape the top two corners down once centered? (tape hidden by frame border) I'm sure there is some variance across all the WMS/Bally games produced during the 90's.

Coincidentally enough it is the AFM alternate translite I bought from Brian about a month ago...

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Coincidentally enough it is the AFM alternate translite I bought from Brian about a month ago...

This makes more sense, thanks for letting me know.

#285 4 years ago

Awesome.

#286 4 years ago

Awesome is right! Thanks for posting. Looks so good. Nice line up of pins!

#287 4 years ago

I have room for one more. Still deciding what I want though! Awesomeness!

#288 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

I have room for one more. Still deciding what I want though! Awesomeness![quoted image]

Collect ‘em all I say. Need the 90’s WMS/Bally?

#289 4 years ago

Thank you so much!!!

IMG_20191216_1625210.jpgIMG_20191216_1625210.jpg
#290 4 years ago

Ka-pow!!

#291 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Thank you so much!!![quoted image]

Wahoo! Glad to see it arrived safe and sound. Looks great!

#292 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Ka-pow!![quoted image]

Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

#293 4 years ago

I have an Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle translite available.

$265 with RGBW frame (includes shipping to lower 48 states).

ACNC (resized).jpgACNC (resized).jpgACNC1 (resized).jpgACNC1 (resized).jpgACNC2 (resized).jpgACNC2 (resized).jpg
#294 4 years ago

Down to a few Superman '78 signed and numbered (1 of 25) concept art translites from Christopher Franchi. Get them before they are gone!

https://www.litframes.com/product/superman78/

Superman '78 Promo (resized).jpgSuperman '78 Promo (resized).jpg
#295 4 years ago

Down to a few Superman '78 signed and numbered (1 of 25) concept art translites from Christopher Franchi. Get them before they are gone!
https://www.litframes.com/product/superman78/[quoted image]

Where these all signed? Just 25 or did you have 25 signed and a bunch none signed?

#296 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Where these all signed? Just 25 or did you have 25 signed and a bunch none signed?

Only 25 produced, all of which are signed and numbered.

#297 4 years ago

Just set up 2 Lit frames in my cave, what an awesome addition.
Strong, solid frame and easy setup.
Remote has way more options than I thought.
All the RGB settings really make my Luci translight pop.
Love it.

One thought, maybe make a video on how to tie the knots on anchor wire.
I found a couple random mirror hanging vids on You Tube, would be nice to have Lit frames specific one linked your page.

ACDC  pinside 3 (resized).jpgACDC pinside 3 (resized).jpgACDC Pinside 4 (resized).jpgACDC Pinside 4 (resized).jpgACDC Pinside 5 (resized).jpgACDC Pinside 5 (resized).jpgACDC pinside (resized).jpgACDC pinside (resized).jpgACDC pinside 2 (resized).jpgACDC pinside 2 (resized).jpgMB Pinside (resized).jpgMB Pinside (resized).jpgMB Pinside 2 (resized).jpgMB Pinside 2 (resized).jpgMB Pinside 3 (resized).jpgMB Pinside 3 (resized).jpg
#298 4 years ago
Quoted from dabear007:

Just set up 2 Lit frames in my cave, what an awesome addition.
Strong, solid frame and easy setup.
Remote has way more options than I thought.
All the RGB settings really make my Luci translight pop.
Love it.
One thought, maybe make a video on how to tie the knots on anchor wire.
I found a couple random mirror hanging vids on You Tube, would be nice to have Lit frames specific one linked your page.

Thanks for posting the awesome pics and for the video idea. Very cool how the RGB LED's change that AC/DC translite!

#299 4 years ago

Finally got a chance to mount my frames. I can't say enough about the quality of the frame and how awesome translites look in them.

IMG_20191227_125547 (resized).jpgIMG_20191227_125547 (resized).jpgIMG_20191227_125554 (resized).jpgIMG_20191227_125554 (resized).jpg
#300 4 years ago
Quoted from Gritty:

Finally got a chance to mount my frames. I can't say enough about the quality of the frame and how awesome translites look in them.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for posting! Helps when you have some incredible artwork to light up

There are 625 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lit-frames-led-backlit-translite-frames/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.