(Topic ID: 234344)

LIT FRAMES: New website + discount code ;)

By midcoastsurf

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What frame size would you MOST like to see next?”

• Stern DMD 25 votes
    26%
  • 90's WMS/Bally 48 votes
    51%
  • Sys 11 17 votes
    18%
  • Data East 5 votes
    5%

(95 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4067 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4069 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot 2024-01-26 at 11.16.26?PM (resized).png
IMG_8739 (resized).jpg
20230612_200159 (resized).jpg
20230612_200219 (resized).jpg
IMG_7064 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7065 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7066 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7069 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7070 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7075 (resized).jpeg
Collage (resized).png
336A1505-34CD-4E4C-8A9E-9ED0FDC5B146 (resized).jpeg
17F55591-2024-4750-AFAD-A32308EB3992 (resized).jpeg
CE7C9A91-EA59-4EFC-80EE-22D7D54663D8 (resized).jpeg
There are 625 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 13.
#151 4 years ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Thanks! Is your Zombies the same as the one halfway down on page 3 of this thread? I believe that was 20”x20”.

Zombies from beyond the grave is ~20x20

Rob zombie is
Just under 27x20 if you need ultra detailed measurement let me know. That was just my kitchen tape measure.

35EA6A3F-8E87-4114-87DA-60789796EBF6 (resized).jpeg35EA6A3F-8E87-4114-87DA-60789796EBF6 (resized).jpeg3EDF236A-4BD1-4179-BD85-E5052D1FE3FF (resized).jpeg3EDF236A-4BD1-4179-BD85-E5052D1FE3FF (resized).jpeg551771D6-2CD7-44F3-B37D-2A1F22E2336D (resized).jpeg551771D6-2CD7-44F3-B37D-2A1F22E2336D (resized).jpeg9CD42BD1-1BF8-401B-AFAC-2030E1D307F4 (resized).jpeg9CD42BD1-1BF8-401B-AFAC-2030E1D307F4 (resized).jpeg
#152 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Zombies from beyond the grave is ~20x20
Rob zombie is
Just under 27x20 if you need ultra detailed measurement let me know. That was just my kitchen tape measure.

PM sent

#153 4 years ago
#154 4 years ago

Just placed an order..can’t wait to get it!

#155 4 years ago

Last month I won a Black Knight Translite from the TWIP monthly drawing. Last night I put it in a newly acquired frame of yours. Looks great Thanks!IMG_9893 (resized).jpgIMG_9893 (resized).jpgIMG_9892 (resized).jpgIMG_9892 (resized).jpg

#156 4 years ago

Great product. I have the Indianapolis 500 translite in a WPC frame. Highly recommend. Picture frame type mounting with wire included. Less intrusive wall drilling then other suppliers who require wall anchors.

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Great product. I have the Indianapolis 500 translite in a WPC frame. Highly recommend. Picture frame type mounting with wire included. Less intrusive wall drilling then other suppliers who require wall anchors.

Thanks! Agree - not sure why you need 4 screws to mount a frame to a wall. It also prevents you from easily taking it off the wall if you need to.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

Last month I won a Black Knight Translite from the TWIP monthly drawing. Last night I put it in a newly acquired frame of yours. Looks great Thanks![quoted image][quoted image]

This looks awesome!! Thanks for showing two different color options.

#159 4 years ago

Another up and looking good. And I'm spent!
IMG_2098 (resized).JPGIMG_2098 (resized).JPG

#161 4 years ago

Thanks to Brad these awesome frames are now available in the Netherlands. I’ve got two sizes in stock (Stern DMD and US movie poster 40” x 27”). Please send me a PM if you’re interested.

Now let me show you why I’m so happy with these frames:

IMG_4392 (resized).jpgIMG_4392 (resized).jpgIMG_4377 (resized).jpgIMG_4377 (resized).jpgIMG_4365 (resized).jpgIMG_4365 (resized).jpg
#162 4 years ago
Quoted from edjas:

Thanks to Brad these awesome frames are now available in the Netherlands. I’ve got two sizes in stock (Stern DMD and US movie poster 40” x 27”). Please send me a PM if you’re interested.
Now let me show you why I’m so happy with these frames:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Edgar, these look fantastic! Thanks for sharing.

#163 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

They look great! I will be ordering as soon as I figure out which translite to frame and what size I need.

Yeah, that's me back in post 89 of this thread. And I still haven't ordered yet. But I like these frames and still intend to place an order.

Back then I looked through the extra translites I already have to see which one would look good in my game room. I prefer a few well-placed decorations rather than jamming all sorts of stuff on the walls. Then I heard that Elvira3 will be coming out around October (maybe at Expo) and I decided to wait for it. I figure to purchase Elvira3 NIB (probably a premium, whether that's the middle tier of a normal release or the bottom tier of a specialty) and buy one of the other Elvira3 translites to frame and hang. I'm holding off on ordering a frame for it in the slim chance that I don't like the alternate translites for Elvira3 or in case they all look too much alike.

#164 4 years ago

Another one up!

IMG_4409 (resized).jpgIMG_4409 (resized).jpg
#165 4 years ago

I have 3 remaining frames from my original batch of white only LED backlit frames in the Stern DMD size (I have since transitioned to RGBW). These include inline dimmer switch and on/off button. Price is $140 shipped within the US. Message me if interested.

#166 4 years ago

These look really nice!

#168 4 years ago

Here's the BKSOR Premium translite in the Lit Frames Stern LCD size RGBW frame. Showing a few different color options all via remote control. Top left image is white. You can also dial in cool white to warm white (credit to Scott Danesi for figuring this out) as well as every color in between. The frame remembers the last color setting when remote is turned off and even if unplugged.

BKSOR Collage (resized).PNGBKSOR Collage (resized).PNGWhite (resized).JPGWhite (resized).JPG
#169 4 years ago

Sorry if this was already covered, but how do these compare with the ones Stern is selling now? Need to buy one, but not sure which one to get.

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Can I get a list of people who might be interested in Gottlieb System 3 frames? The minimum order is 10. Please let me know. Thanks!

#171 4 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Sorry if this was already covered, but how do these compare with the ones Stern is selling now? Need to buy one, but not sure which one to get.

Great question!

The main differences that my frame offers and Stern’s does not:
Remote control for:
- White LED + RGB lighting
- cool white to warm white
- brightness control
- on/off

- Black aluminum frame
- 6’ cord off the frame so you can hide cord behind a wall without connections in the wall
- Black plexi back panel to block light shining out the back
- D Rings for 1 screw wall mounting (Stern provides 4 screws to mount theirs)
- free shipping
- tax included
- 30 day warranty
- weekend customer support

Let me know if you have any other questions.

#172 4 years ago

Here's a pic showing the 4 zone remote. 1 remote can control up to 4 frames independently.

IMG_1299 (resized).JPGIMG_1299 (resized).JPG
#173 4 years ago

These frames are seriously awesome. I’ve been looking for a way to display my Ricou Browning signed creech translite inside of my display case and this is the ticket. Brad is a standup guy and this frame is built extremely well. I couldn’t be happier, do yourself a favor and buy one. The rgb leds really make your translite pop.

04A82875-7B2B-4B50-AFBE-A73C90E9E66E (resized).jpeg04A82875-7B2B-4B50-AFBE-A73C90E9E66E (resized).jpeg3E0ECDD5-00BB-4D48-BBCC-347CC2F0BBEF (resized).jpeg3E0ECDD5-00BB-4D48-BBCC-347CC2F0BBEF (resized).jpeg
#174 4 years ago
Quoted from KongDonkey:

These frames are seriously awesome. I’ve been looking for a way to display my Ricou Browning signed creech translite inside of my display case and this is the ticket. Brad is a standup guy and this frame is built extremely well. I couldn’t be happier, do yourself a favor and buy one. The rgb leds really make your translite pop.

Thanks Zach! That is an awesome setup you have going!

#175 4 years ago

These are way better then stern!!! Not bashing stern in no way. I just like these better and the customer service is way better. Awesome product from LIT frames, hope to see and meet you at expo!!

#176 4 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#177 4 years ago
Quoted from heni1977:

These are way better then stern!!! Not bashing stern in no way. I just like these better and the customer service is way better. Awesome product from LIT frames, hope to see and meet you at expo!!

Thanks Joe! Look forward to meeting you at Expo in October!

#178 4 years ago

Here's a pic showing the 4 zone remote. 1 remote can control up to 4 frames independently.[quoted image]

Man that looks amazing in there! Did you just take that outta your game to display?

#179 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Man that looks amazing in there! Did you just take that outta your game to display?

I wish I owned this game! For now, I just have the Premium game translite. I played the LE the other day and it was fast and fun.

#180 4 years ago

How are people hanging them?
Can you move the hook/hoops? I unscrewed one quick and didn’t seem like I could.

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

How are people hanging them?
Can you move the hook/hoops? I unscrewed one quick and didn’t seem like I could.

I use mine to hide the garage door opener in my garage/shop/gameroom II.
IMGA0904 (resized).JPGIMGA0904 (resized).JPGIMGA0906 (resized).JPGIMGA0906 (resized).JPGIMGA0912 (resized).JPGIMGA0912 (resized).JPG

#182 4 years ago

Nice Paul. I will use the metal wire to tie between those two hooks and screw one screw in a stud

Luckily the game room just got remodeled

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#183 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I will use the metal wire to tie between those two hooks and screw one screw in a stud
Luckily the game room just got remodeled [quoted image]

Those turned out awesome! Can’t wait to see them lit up.

Yes, this is the general idea. Same way you hang a picture frame with the hanging wire between two D rings and with only one hole in the wall so you can easily level

#184 4 years ago

Those turned out awesome! Can’t wait to see them lit up.
Yes, this is the general idea. Same way you hang a picture frame with the hanging wire between two D rings and with only one hole in the wall so you can easily level

Pre hanging

958FC610-3E59-41D9-BF67-5C5A1669E80B (resized).jpeg958FC610-3E59-41D9-BF67-5C5A1669E80B (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#186 4 years ago

Just received my first one. Quality is good. This is more advanced than the 4" deep shadow box I had before. The metal frame is less than 1". Backlighting is very even. Power cord is plenty long. Bought the RGBW one since the white was out of stock, but I'll probably just keep it set to white. I would recommend this item.

20190905_150225 (resized).jpg20190905_150225 (resized).jpg20190905_150330 (resized).jpg20190905_150330 (resized).jpg

#187 4 years ago

Scott Danesi was messing around with my RGBW frame the other day and figured out that you can dial in cool white to warm white if you select a color on the wheel, then hit the "W" button. For example, a blue, then W = cool white OR a yellow/orange/red, then W = warm white. It's essentially overlaying that color onto white.

If you want to reset to regular white, turn off the frame, and hit "W" to power it back on and it will go back to original white.

#188 4 years ago

Scott Danesi was messing around with my RGBW frame the other day and figured out that you can dial in cool white to warm white if you select a color on the wheel, then hit the "W" button. For example, a blue, then W = cool white OR a yellow/orange/red, then W = warm white. It's essentially overlaying that color onto white.
If you want to reset to regular white, turn off the frame, and hit "W" to power it back on and it will go back to original white.

How is your frame different to the one the Stern sells?

#189 4 years ago
Quoted from Alby:

How is your frame different to the one the Stern sells?

Great question!

Premium build quality
Remote control for:
- brightness control
- on/off
- Black aluminum frame
- 6’ cord off the frame so you can hide cord behind a wall without connections in the wall
- free shipping
- tax included
- 30 day warranty

#190 4 years ago

Great question!
Premium build quality
Remote control for:
- brightness control
- on/off
- Black aluminum frame
- free shipping
- tax included
- 30 day warranty

Thanks for the reply and breaking the key differences. Obviously a better buywith all of the above.

Will definitely plaice an order .

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from Alby:

Thanks for the reply and breaking the key differences. Obviously a better buywith all of the above.
Will definitely plaice an order .

Thanks for your interest! I shot you a PM. Let’s chat about QTY and shipping options. Thanks!

#192 4 years ago

Thanks for your interest! I shot you a PM. Let’s chat about QTY and shipping options. Thanks!

You still have one of those white only versions left?

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You still have one of those white only versions left?

No more white-only versions left, sorry.

#194 4 years ago

I ordered the Stern LCD Frame and it was delivered within a week. The quality of this frame is incredible and the support from Brad was amazing. Very easy to install and swap translites if you would like, and the LEDs are really bright. I can't wait to hang it and show off my Deadpool translite to my other pinball loving friends!

Deadpool Translite (resized).jpegDeadpool Translite (resized).jpeg
#195 4 years ago

TNA!!! This AWESOME translite fits my Stern LCD size. Here are a few pics.

IMG_1542 (resized).JPGIMG_1542 (resized).JPGIMG_1543 (resized).JPGIMG_1543 (resized).JPGIMG_1545 (resized).JPGIMG_1545 (resized).JPGIMG_1546 (resized).JPGIMG_1546 (resized).JPG
#196 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I figure to purchase Elvira3 NIB and buy one of the other Elvira3 translites to frame and hang. I'm holding off on ordering a frame for it in the slim chance that I don't like the alternate translites for Elvira3 or in case they all look too much alike.

And that's me back in post 163. I've ordered Elvira3 LE but all the translites are the same except for mirroring on the LE and SLE.
So I'm back to square one. I like these frames but haven't yet figured out what image I would want to add to my game room.

1 week later
#197 4 years ago

Coming to Chicago Expo in October? Drop in and say hello!

#198 4 years ago

I've been talking with Brad for a bit on doing a custom size frame for my double sided Star Wars poster I've had for around 20 years. I picked it up at Gencon when it was still in Milwaukee. Thought it was cool and didn't think too much with it. It's been a pain to figure out backlighting it, let alone finding ANY frame that'd fit. It's 40 x 30, which I've never seen that size before; let alone a frame.

I placed a deposit down to have a frame made, and waited the 6 weeks for it to come in. It finally made it during this last week and I was able to swing down tonight and pick it up. Chatted with Brad a bit, ended up buying 2 more frames for my Tron translites and then it was back on the road back home.

Couldn't wait til morning, so got it installed pretty quick. Couldn't be happier with how it turned out! 20 years after buying this thing, it's finally framed a lit up!

Coverage looks great, no issues I can see with this size. With the poster being double sided, it looks amazing on full brightness, no washed out colors. Now I gotta mount it on the wall!

IMG_20190928_235616 (resized).jpgIMG_20190928_235616 (resized).jpgIMG_20190929_000849 (resized).jpgIMG_20190929_000849 (resized).jpgIMG_20190929_000829 (resized).jpgIMG_20190929_000829 (resized).jpg
#199 4 years ago
Quoted from animesuperj:

Chatted with Brad a bit, ended up buying 2 more frames for my Tron translites and then it was back on the road back home.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks again Jason! Glad we could finally light up this artwork - it deserves it. Look forward to seeing pics of the Tron translites lit up.

1 week later
#200 4 years ago

Is that poster back lit or side lit?

There are 625 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lit-frames-led-backlit-translite-frames/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.