(Topic ID: 336054)

Lit Frame?

By Psw757

11 months ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
    #1 11 months ago

Anyone able to comment on what lit frame for translite is better? Sterns or the other offered from Lit Frames.

#2 11 months ago

I have two of the Stern ones. They're ok. I like how thin they are, they give you all the hardware to mount it, it's easy to open the frame to change out translites. My complaints: no remote control, no brightness setting, no RGB lighting effects, and (nitpick) the power cord for the frame could be better. The power cord sticks straight out of the frame, so you can't get it as flush as you might want unless you're willing to poke a hole in the wall to hide the wire (course maybe you plan to do that anyway). To deal with no remote, I got an outlet with a timer setting so it turns on/off during my normal office hours.

I don't have a Lit Frame personally

I also have a wooden one a friend made in his shop for $100. That one has RGB, remote, etc...

#3 11 months ago

I have a couple LitFrames. They include all hardware, a remote that can control up to four frames, and are full rgb. Brightness can be static or any speed changing from very dim to full brightness in a variety of patterns.

The color changing was the deciding factor for me. I have Frankenstein rotating through many of the colors slowly, Maiden pre looks better white. Easy to switch to whatever you like.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lit-frame and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.