(Topic ID: 204321)

LISY1

By UltraPeepi

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider openpinballproj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

So for Van Halen I converted a Dolly Parton (Bally MPU AS-2518-35) to OPP using a custom interface board that did the interconnect. The interface board ended up being a lot more hassle than I was expecting. I believe it would have been easier to simply rewire the playfield and if I had it to do over again, I would go that route. If LISY1 is available, I would definitely investigate that route first.

#7 6 years ago

My project was more about proving the feasibility of wiring OPP boards to an existing machine without changing any wiring of the pinball machine at all. While theoretically I knew it was possible, the proof is really in actually accomplishing it. That being said, it wasn't the best idea I've ever had...but it did work. My MPU board was completely corroded. I considered going directly into the driver boards, but that wouldn't have accomplished what I wanted to prove. (That would also be a fun exercise, but I ended up giving the old boards away for free in hopes others could resurrect some of their machines).

Rewiring a playfield takes less time than you would imagine on one of these old, relatively simple games. (Especially since you can reduce a lot of the wiring if you distribute the boards under the playfield.) Just have to feel comfortable with relatively simple electronics. There will always be at least one brief moment that you will feel the machine will never flip again.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball
Decals
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
3,299 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball
Electronics
1,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider openpinballproj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lisy1?tu=openpinballproj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.