Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by barakandl
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cabuford.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 4 years ago

I just bought a Genie with one of these. Looking forward to doing some experimentation. I have a Pi3B I could put in instead of the Pi Zero. Looks like I'll need some kind of header extension though.
    Just beginning to mess around with MPF. I should probably get the machine in my house and set up first though!

#9 4 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

I've got a git repo somewhere with my Genie MPF project if you want to save some setup time

I would love that! Of course now I've got the game in my house and I think I fried the Pi Zero by putting it in with the pins off.
    I'm trying it with my older Pi 3 and the Pi boots, looks like it's going to load up Genie, then throws a "No IP Check Eth 0 WLan 0" and the Green LISY light never comes on on the board. Any thoughts?

I knew I shouldn't have pulled out the Zero but I wanted to backup the SD card first.

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Sounds like your dip switches are wrong if you're trying to boot mame at least. Shouldn't be searching for an IP in game modes (besides mpf slave)

Well it started working on the third attempt and has been fine since, except once when I pushed the play/test button in the coin door and it went back to that error. Well at least I can play now!!

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

https://github.com/zacaj/genie-mpf
    It has custom rules, not the standard ones, but at least the machine/device configs should be useful

Thanks! I'm definitely not that far yet I'm still trying to change the virtual dipswitches in LISY to see if I can change it from 3 ball to 5 ball.

Update: After the 4th attempt I figured out the CSV files and can now play 5 ball if I want.

1 week later
    #15 4 years ago

Ok, I've got mine up and running with a Pi Zero W. I accidentally ordered a Pi Zero, and it worked fine, but I want to network this thing.

Anyone successfully connect one of these wirelessly? I just want to start simple with LISY control and then I'll move on to MPF.

I've changed the SSID and PSK in the lisy/interfaces file, but I just can't get it to connect. I tried setting a static IP, which works according to the PI but it's still not joining the network. Is there anyway to troubleshoot this?

I probably should've ordered a mini HDMI to HDMI adapter or a mini-USB to Ethernet adapter.

#17 4 years ago

Thanks. I thought about just buying a dongle but that and an adapter seemed like it end up more than the pi zero W.

I’ll try the ad hoc, I just need to find a jumper to activate it on the board. (Right? It’s not a software setting)

#19 4 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

There was an issue where you couldn't do an ad hoc network if you had a network to connect to configured, I think that was fixed in 4.10?
    Once that was fixed I've had no trouble with a zero w.

Ok cool, I'm definitely on 4.10. Time to look for a hard drive jumper tonight.

#21 4 years ago

I need one of the little jumpers to bridge the pins on the LISY board to activate Ad-Hoc mode, correct? I've seen them on hard drives so I was going to steal one instead of ordering a 17 cent part.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cabuford.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lisy-replacement-mpu-information-needed?tu=cabuford and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.