(Topic ID: 286770)

Pinside top 10 sci-fi films discussion thread.

By rai

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 157 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TheLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D998AE8D-C1EF-4034-A7A7-3036348AEF4E (resized).jpeg
    A5772D90-44E5-4F49-AC5A-08EB434F66F6 (resized).jpeg
    MV5BOTMyYTIyM2MtNjQ2ZC00MWFkLThhYjQtMjhjMGZiMjgwYjM2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    the-adventures-of-buckaroo-banzai-across-the-8th-dimension.15132 (resized).jpg
    the-green-slime-are-here-promo (resized).jpg
    Green Slime dances (resized).jpg
    Green Slime minis (resized).jpg
    Green Slime poster (resized).jpg
    06CB92D1-F16C-4840-8621-F126B5DC866A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rivv.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#130 3 years ago

Great lists here, found some cool new recommendations to check out. I like the broad definition of sci-fi being used by everyone and I think I can defend all of these as being sci-fi enough:

1. Metropolis (1927)
    2. 2001: A Space Odyssey
    3. Robocop (1987)
    4. Little Shop of Horrors (1986) - particularly with the original invasion ending
    5. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
    6. Solaris (1972)
    7. Akira
    8. Alphaville
    9. Re-Animator
    10. Tetsuo: The Iron Man

Honorable mentions to Stalker, The Terminator, The Andromeda Strain, La Jetée, 12 Monkeys, Brazil, Forbidden Planet, Blade Runner, Videodrome, Paprika, The Thing, Battle Royale, Dark City, Star Trek: TMP, and lots of kaiju movies.

#131 3 years ago
    Quoted from rai:

I like anything with nuclear war:
    War Games
    Dr Strangelove
    Here’s a nice 80s film. Main character gets a call by mistake about incoming nuclear attack and he wants to save his girlfriend and mom (? I think).
    Miracle Mile

Forgot about nuclear war movies. Love Threads and A Boy and His Dog. The Atomic Cafe is great too.

#135 3 years ago

I need to see I Am Legend again but I wasn't into it much when I saw it at release. I do love the Omega Man and Last Man on Earth versions of the story.

28 Days Later was great, another one I haven't seen since release though. Been meaning to watch The Road and World War Z so thanks for the reminder.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rivv.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/list-your-top-10-sci-fi-films-of-all-time-?tu=Rivv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.