20200523_164712 (resized).jpg
0ABDC719-BAF4-4940-8BA4-A86A1A618898 (resized).jpeg
11932 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20170813_101239_436 (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1511054165086 (resized).jpg
20190703_090855 (resized).jpg
IMG_0873 (resized).JPG
IMG_0874 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballmike217.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#180 8 years ago

Most of the rare games are rare because they stank and the factory couldn't sell any. Rare DOES NOT always equal valuable. Games like Big Bang Bar and Kingpin are valuable because they are great games. Capcom could have sold thousands of each if they didn't go out of business.

#194 8 years ago
Quoted from Schusler:

Gawd, if only this rung true to eBay sellers and operators.

Amen to that.

#202 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Doubtful, but maybe you'll give us a few examples (setting aside obvious targets like "Punchy the Clown").

"Most" means more than half. I think it's very safe to say at least 51% of rare games are not desired by the vast majority of collectors. I had a Stern Cue, only five were made. It was horrible in every way. I sold it on ebay and it went for $500 or some very small amount compared to it's super low production. Rare absolutely does not mean valuable all of the time.

#205 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

How about this: There's no correlation between whether a game is rare and whether it's a good game. .

Yes there is. Most rare games are rare because they didn't sell well. The game that is rare and good is the exception.

#207 8 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Not really seeing a huge correlation between rarity and how good a machine is. Godzill and LIS flopped as films. Godzilla wasn't a bad machine, but it got dropped asap. LIS is not nearly as bad as some more common segas, but lacks due to code. Code that would have been updated if the license wasn't garbage.
Alvin G and Capcom got muscled out by Williams. Look into the history of how Williams handled new companies.

My only point is that not all rare games are good. There is an incorrect general thinking with most collectibles or antiques that rare equals valuable. That is not always true and I feel bad for the newbies that get taken overpaying for "rarity" without doing their homework.

#209 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Stated without proof, and undoubtably with the goal/agenda of picking up some rare games cheap. Good luck with that.

Did someone piss in your Wheaties today? I am speaking from experience and have no hidden agenda. I've owned plenty of rare games and most don't live up to the hype. Simply sharing my experience, that's what forums are for. Care to share some of the rare games you have owned? Cordially stating WITH proof:

P1010082_(resized).JPGP1010082_(resized).JPG

P1010034_(resized).JPGP1010034_(resized).JPG

#223 8 years ago
Quoted from blownfuse:

I'm totally envious of you, you have a Krull. It's been the last game I need for my System 80 wide body collection for many years now. I've come to the realization that I'll never find or afford one.
Steve

I hope you find one. I passed mine on to another collector some time ago. Your post sort of says what I've been trying to point out about rarity. After wanting something so bad for so many years it just can't be as good as it's been built up to be. Krull was OK. The lower playfield with the magnifying lens was definitely a cool feature but not enough to make Krull a great game. If it had been produced in quantity it would probably have equal footing with Black Hole.

#224 8 years ago
Quoted from SealClubber:

For me, I have an Andromeda in really good shape but I can't get the #@$%@#$ MPU working. Since I never seen one for sale, I can only guess to the value. I probably could get $1K when I get it working.
Eros One in really good shape. Way too good to part out for the drops. Probably not that valuable.
I have a complete NOS Apocalypse Playfield. If I can ever make a complete working game for it, that would be pretty rare, at least in the US. But still probably not too valuable. Anyone have a lead on Jeutel parts?

Did you try K's Arcade in New Hampshire for a board? He had a load of Game Plan stuff. I liked Andromeda a lot. Awesome art and a good, fun, challenging game. This is a perfect example of rare does not always equal valuable. This game should be at least $2K all day long but they have traded in the $1000 to $1500 range when they pop up because no one has ever heard of it. It would be well worth it for you to just part out another working Game Plan machine to get the parts you need to make your Andromeda work if you can't find an MPU.

#252 8 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

image_(resized).jpg

Nice! Miss my Time Fantasy. That is a fun, freaky, and bizarre game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,650 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Girard, OH
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, MO
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Roselle, IL
$ 29.95
26,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Auckland, NZ
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballmike217.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/list-of-rare-pinball-games-value?tu=Pinballmike217 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.