(Topic ID: 290599)

List of pinball machines by category/theme?

By outlanewiz

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by I_P_D_B
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

img20210325_12525603 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmarston.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from outlanewiz:

I am hoping to present to a college class the number of pinball machines in various categories, however, it's proven difficult to find any such list.

Someone did a master's thesis on that very topic in the 1980s. I may have some clues, and a search of r.g.p should provide clues.
    .................David Marston

#11 3 years ago

I found one reference that's probably relevant, from the late Russ Jensen.
    Thesis titled "Art and Design of Pinball Machines; Proposal for More Aesthetically Designed Machines" which was submitted by Chad Dresbach in May 1996 to Kent State University in Ohio for partial fulfillment of a Master of Arts degree.

I think there is another thesis that is more of an inventory approach.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

An article titled 'Trends In U.S.A. Pinball Machine Motifs, 1947-1981' by Terry Cumming appeared in the May-June 1988 issue of The Pinball Trader.

That is the thesis with the inventory approach that I was referencing earlier. Now we just need someone to add 40 more years worth of inventory. I think the IPDB theme keywords should cover the newer games pretty well.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmarston.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/list-of-pinball-machines-by-category-theme?tu=dmarston and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.