Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Turtle
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hello, a while back and I made a purchase of various parts to fix and/or upgrade minor issues with my games. I forgot to order a saucer hole plastic for my Indiana Jones.

The saucer plastic is the only thing I "need" to buy now, but since I will be placing an order, I am hopeful folks here can recommend some parts that are good to buy to have on hand, that tend to be needed from time to time. I owe five Williams games from the same era, FS, FT, WCS, TAF, and IJ. I also have a WOZ RR.

Thanks in advance, sorry for the newbie question, but I don't have much experience, and I really appreciate the help!

Carl

#2 6 years ago

Extra sling & flipper rubbers, flipper bats, flipper rebuild kit, bulbs, balls, and the coil for the winky target. That should get you started anyways.

#3 6 years ago

Go through your owners manual and identify which type (amp) fuses your game uses. But slow burning versions of the types of fuses that you will need, five of each type. If you buy them from pinballlife they will be shipped in small metal tins and are quality American brands. Some other online retailers sell generic Chinese made fuses.

#4 6 years ago

Molex connectors and pins are always good to have around.

#5 6 years ago

In threads like this I always recommend the excellent database that oyvindmo made.
I looked at the parts most prone to breaking and numbers used in the games, and bought 1 or 2 based on that.
Fuses is a must have. Same with flipper rubber. And most recently I bought a ton of optos. You never know.

http://www.moll.no/pinball/parts/

Almost forgot! Assortment of screws and fasteners.

#6 6 years ago

http://techniek.flipperwinkel.nl/wpc/
see: 1c. Getting Started: Parts to Have On-Hand

#7 6 years ago

Extra opto interrupters for flipper buttons are a must, if your games have them. Preferably black.

#8 6 years ago

I know this is more expensive but it always helps to have a spare, driver board. And I would recommend a new Rottendog, WDB089.

Also, used WPC DMDs are getting cheap ($75) a nice spare to have on hand.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 169.00
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

20,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

12,500 (OBO)
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/list-of-parts-and-supplies-to-have-on-hand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.