Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 75 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Dr_Gonzo
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Why are BBB and Dr Who on the suspect/banned for tournament use list?

Believe DW has some kind of glitch involving the outlanes when playing multiplayer games. Can't remember the exact details....maybe ifpapinball knows.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from DiscoDungeon:

We generally don't explain exactly what the exploit is because honestly, if very few people, or only one person, know about it then it can be still used.

All you're doing by hiding it is enabling people 'in the know' to abuse it freely without recourse from other players. If it's bad enough that you can't tell people about it, then those games shouldn't be used in any serious competition where money is involved, IMHO. I feel like players have a right to know if they're about to get dicked over on a game for a stupid reason. Yes, there are cases like Earthshaker and others where you can watch what the other players are doing and mimic that, but some of these setups, like the GOT "Hand of the King" scoring ridiculousness setup, are pretty complicated and someone walking up to a game for the 50th time might not even know about it. Especially on new games with known bugs...that crap should not be withheld. I'll never forget the time I was playing Junkyard with some guy and he got the hidden random multiball in there and I was just like WATAF?! Had no idea it was there and the guy played coy with me when I asked, so I went and googled it and found it out. It wasn't in a tournament, thankfully, but...yeah...I know the feeling.

One notable exception: Pinburgh..... that tournament represents, to me, the beauty of everything pinball. You never know what you're going to play, and if you were almost anywhere else in a public location, you'd likely be playing games that had questionable things going on with them. I think it's far more important for that tournament to represent all of pinball than to have a bunch of duplicated games, and players there are guaranteed a minimum of play. One questionable game shouldn't ruin an entire weekend, unless you're just determined to be #1 seed.

*Edit* There's also been at least one case of an exploit being brought to light that the 'in the know' players didn't want to share that Stern later fixed after it got blown out by a few people on here. If this stuff doesn't get reported, and talked about, will Stern care about fixing them? No.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

What is the exploit for Iron Man? I haven't heard about any, but considering I LOVE IM, I feel like I should.

Me either...and we'd had one in our local league spot for a few years..it got pulled to go towards a new location... *scratch chin*

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Elizabethtown, KY
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Peekskill, NY
$ 209.00
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 15.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/list-of-ifpa-banned-tables?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.