Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by raddroxx
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Has anyone compiled a list of pins that make use of the backglass for game play? for example, Terminator 3, or Cirqus Voltaire?

#2 11 years ago

Hmmm...like Catacomb, Big Guns, the like?

Might want to try Internet Pinball Database, ipdb.org. It should have a selection for "interactive backglass" or "bagatelle" backglass.

#3 11 years ago

I'll add to the list...

Bally On Beam - Dock the space ship with the spacestation (it's only lights and not mechanical, but it is a big part of the gameplay)

NBA Fastbreak
    Scared Stiff
    Cyclone

--Luke

#4 11 years ago

There are a ton of EM machines with backglass animation, mechanical or lighted. Most em guys love that stuff. I currently own 3, 1960 Jungle, 1967 Kickoff, 1965 Cow Poke. I recently sold a 1967 Blast Off with it too. Not to mention most pitch and bat games. The only DMD game I've owned is Rocky and Bullwinkle. That had it too. My current collecting criteria is generally AAB, back glass animation or woodrail. Unfortunately there are no machines that have all 3.

It would be fun to see a full list. I bet it's a big one.
    Alex

#5 11 years ago

Jokerz! Bad Cats

#6 11 years ago

Banzai Run (My all time favorite)
    NBA.

#7 11 years ago

Does Diner Count?

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

There are a ton of EM machines with backglass animation, mechanical or lighted. Most em guys love that stuff. I currently own 3, 1960 Jungle, 1967 Kickoff, 1965 Cow Poke. I recently sold a 1967 Blast Off with it too. Not to mention most pitch and bat games. The only DMD game I've owned is rocky and bullwinkle. That had it too. My current collecting criteria is generally AAB, back glass animation or woodrail. Unfortunately there are no machines that have all 3.
    It would be fun to see a full list. I bet it's a big one.
    Alex

I think the OP means game "play" (interactive) and not just animations. Something that is controlled by the player (even if it's just by the flipper buttons or a trigger) that affects scoring. General mechanical animations don't fall into this category.

#9 11 years ago

T3's RPG mode is by far the best backbox game in pinball.

Later,
    EV

#10 11 years ago

Ok, one EM I can think of that has an interactive backglass scoring feature controlled by player via a button is Chicago Coin's Gun Smoke.
    Alex

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from AlexF:

Ok, one EM I can think of that has an interactive backglass scoring feature controlled by player via a button is Chicago Coin's Gun Smoke.
    Alex

I hadn't ever seen a Gun Smoke before so I looked it up. That backglass interaction is pretty cool.

--Luke

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from mrSATURN2012:

Hmmm...like Catacomb, Big Guns, the like?
    Might want to try Internet Pinball Database, ipdb.org. It should have a selection for "interactive backglass" or "bagatelle" backglass.

Thanks! if you search with "mechanical back" selected, it gives a good list.

#13 11 years ago

Does Big Guns count?
    One of my favorite player controlle'd

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from EchoVictor:

T3's RPG mode is by far the best backbox game in pinball.
    Later,
    EV

For shame sir! Banzai!!!!!!!!!!!!

#17 11 years ago

Gottlieb Paradise

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/list-of-games-with-back-glass-play and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.