Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by mikeincali
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

blackfriday2014.jpg
    home_bottom_left2.png
    image-581.jpg
    Mr. Burns excellent.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 9 years ago

I think everyone wants to wait to announce, perhaps....maybe?

#18 9 years ago

Comets Sale will start Thursday at Midnight, or as close to that as I can do.....

#36 9 years ago

They respond extremely well to magnets...They fly fast on Xmen, They are heavier IMO, without a scale then a powerball.
    But they "feel" and "play" different...faster, like different bowling balls, unique/harder to see if the color matches playfield...I have Blue Balls on a Blue playfield....
    Just fun to have 1 game with them, to be entertaining.

#39 9 years ago

Indeed, after about 200 games, there are some small nicks on the balls, but that doesn't stop the fun.
    I have dimples in a new games playfield after 200 plays as well.
    IMO, I won't say, these can replace all chrome balls, in commercial settings, but for home casual play it's just different,
    and guests either love it, or are more purest.
    With a sale, it helps to try them out and see for yourself.
    like any thread on pinball, there will always be someone who likes something and someone who doesnt,
    So it's always your taste.

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from Chet:

Putting together an order now. I am going to try the lighted pop bumper rings. Not sure if I would be better off going with just white/white instead of colored ones since the Pop bumper caps are colored. Games I am considering have Purple translucent caps (MM), and Red translucent caps (Rollergames) and possibly Getaway where I have the Orange/amber translucent caps. Any suggestions on using colored or just white?

Since the brightness can be adjusted, color matching is interesting...

First up, decide on your bottom color. If you want to color match, red/red, then the biggest difference
    on say 3 Pops at the top, is the whole area will be red. Thats OK for some games, and if you can imagine the look, people have accepted as the other Vendors only have offered same color top and bottom. I prefer White on the bottom, especially if you want the artwork lit, and easier to see the ball. Its quite neat to see the area between Pops lit up for the first time.

Regarding color on the top. Color matching creates a "Richer" darker Color is the best way to describe.
    If you think of inserts on a game, how they change...even a brand new game, when a white bulb in a red insert is changed to red...

I dont know if this helps, but Ill add it to my list to get some photos up that does show this...
    this will take a while....

Art

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldpinguy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/list-of-all-companies-doing-black-friday-deals?tu=oldpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.