744F1D74-9F0F-4CB6-AE0D-CCFAD8613A32 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
AF1F4FCE-78ED-4315-84C5-EEC502D8952E_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
IMG_3403 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3387 (resized).jpeg
F963773C-24C4-4775-A1A1-7A32E5443F20 (resized).jpeg
_d1111957-4597-44a6-9fb7-2c01ebdbbc5f (resized).jpeg
IMG_3358 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pins4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2854 9 years ago

Ok, I didn't read 58 pages of people saying that, but will someone please tell me what the heck that's all about?

3 weeks later
#3151 8 years ago

z z z z to this topic.
So over it.

#3171 8 years ago

See if it made sense, I would be right behind ya. But repeating the same ol thing over and over again defies reason.
I could see everyone saying something like Stern is the best, and someone else saying no, JJP is the best, then keeping that going. That would be funny.
Why do I keep coming back to this thread? To see how much energy and megabytes are being wasted.

#3243 8 years ago

This thread has a bad case of Alzheimer's disease.

2 months later
#3959 8 years ago

Your unacknowledged needs come precariously close to the shores of awareness, impacting your most important relationships. The earthy Capricorn Full Moon in your 7th House of Partners pulls directly opposite the watery Cancer Sun, stirring tidal forces from the depths of your subconscious. Luckily, you can create a safe harbor in your imagination that allows you to share your dreams and fears without worry. Rather than isolating yourself, consciously move closer to those who will support you through times of change.

#3965 8 years ago

After studying over 500 millionaires, including Andrew Carnegie, Henry Ford, and Charles Schwab, journalist and author Napoleon Hill found that they shared a single quality: decisiveness.

#3966 8 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Holy crap. It all makes sense now.
LIONMAN.

"Analysis of several hundred people who had accumulated fortunes well beyond the million dollar mark disclosed the fact that every one of them had the habit of reaching decisions promptly," Hill wrote in his 1937 classic, "Think and Grow Rich."

#3968 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Now you may find it inconceivable or at the very least a bit unlikely
that the relative position of the planets and the stars could have
a special deep significance or meaning that exclusively applies to only you,
but let me give you my assurance that these forecasts and predictions
are all based on solid, scientific, documented evidence, so you would have
to be some kind of moron not to realize that every single one of them is absolutely true.
now where was I? LIONMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In between the vintage, occasionally crashy racers and modern metal, the British division of Nissan sent stunt driver Terry Grant out onto the famous Goodwood circuit in a Juke Nismo RS, where he ran the entire course while driving on two wheels. Really, you need to see it to believe it.

But while the feat itself is truly impressive, what's most entertaining is the typically droll commentating of the British announcers. They're basically talking about this car in much the same manor as you or I might discuss the weather. Never mind that this is a small crossover driving 1.16 miles, along a twisty course, on just two wheels.

While the distance is impressive, Grant also made the journey at a pretty reasonable speed. He completed the run in just two minutes and ten seconds. That means he had to average over 30 miles per hour across the entire course... while driving on just two wheels.

#3974 8 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Maybe he's LIONMAN .

Stern Pinball traces its lineage to the early 1930’s and the founding of modern pinball. Sam Stern, the father of SPI’s Founder, Chairman and CEO, Gary Stern, was part-owner and President of pinball pioneer, Williams Electronics. Williams and other innovative companies including Bally and Gottlieb formed the foundation on which the pinball industry was built.

#3975 8 years ago
Quoted from zaza:

He Is LionMan

In 1947, Sam Stern (left) visited pinball pioneer, Harry Williams (right), in Chicago where, according to pinball industry folklore, Sam brazenly put his feet up on Harry's desk and asked, “Why don’t you sell me your company?” Because of Sam’s success as an operator and distributor, it took Harry only three hours to decide to sell half of the company to Sam. Harry, an avid aviator, made his decision while flying his plane over Chicago

#3979 8 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Now it's just getting silly.
LIONMAN.

The Stern Pinball and the Stern family tradition of producing quality pinball machines for young and old. The company traces its lineage to Philadelphia in the 1930s when Sam Stern entered the business of operating pinball games. Sam Stern subsequently became part owner and president of Williams Manufacturing, a pioneer in the pinball industry, and passed his lifelong enthusiasm for the game and the business of pinball to his son, Gary, who founded Stern Pinball. Today pinball remains one of America’s favorite pastimes.

#3983 8 years ago

"Huh?", I thought, "Ed Robertson plays pinball?" You bet! It turns out he does not only occasionally like a game of pinball but apparently has a pretty cool basement gameroom and is heavily absorbed in collecting, repairing, modding and of course playing pinball!

#4006 8 years ago

The thing that is very unique about most Gottlieb woodrails is the playing strategy used to score "Replays" (a Replay is when the player wins a free game). On most Gottlieb woodrails, there were multiple strategies to winning replays. That is, you could win a replay (or *multiple* replays) by accomplishing particular feats (in addition to passing a set score). This is unlike pinball games today, which give replays based just on high score. Yes 1960s "metal rail" pinballs also usually had some feat that gave a Replay. But this was a single replay and a single feat strategy.

#4015 8 years ago

With some parental help, this can be a kid-friendly project. Building a solid table with a functioning paddle assembly requires some basic woodworking skills, and may be fairly difficult without proper guidance and appropriate tools. But once the paddle assemblies are in place, just about anyone can build ramps and jumps or anything else they can imagine for the upper part of the table. To me that's where the real fun lies--creating various obstacles and then seeing a ball bounce around all over and through them, somewhat under your power.

#4023 8 years ago

If you haven't figured it out yet, this thread is non sense.
You keep repeating the same word over and over again and the problem is, your not even sure why or what it means.
To me, its wasting space on the server of the nice folks who run this forum.
Why the moderators haven't killed this thread yet makes me wonder.
I have no beef with anyone here but when I get a warning sent to me about being off topic from the moderators, then something is wrong.
At least some of what I have been saying is pinball related.

#4037 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Robin hasn't complained yet, so long as lionman stays in his den. words take up much less space than photos do.
LIONMAN!

The last industry first is a double special. If MAGIC is completely lit and the yellow bumper is hit, Special will light. If the ball leaves the playfield at the bottom you get a free play, if the pinball leaves by the outlanes you get two free plays.

#4038 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

More Jibberish. Don't you ever say anything that makes sense. If you havn't figured it out yet, this thread is one of the more informative thread on all of pinside. And for those that don't understand the LIONMAN.....they will...oh they will.

Because of the large plastic (to hide the moving playfield), there's an important division between the upper and lower playfield.
Under this plastic (under Merlins hat) there's a slingshot kicker which will hit the ball towards the top of the playfield, together with the bumper on the left this results in a lot of action ! A pinball can really stay a long time at the top of the playfield.

#4039 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Robin is 100 percent behind this thread continuing....

Merlins Magic is a unique pinball machine, Henk made it totally by himself. The design, woodwork, electrics, assembly, artwork, .. everything is the work of 1 person.
It's not Henks first custom pinball machine, each time they become more and more complicated

#4043 8 years ago

The artwork on most of the European games is very different from American-made games.
Probably inspired by fashion and trends of that time (we're talking about the seventies and eighties), most games have bright colorful artwork.
Some games are also more risque, showing more nudity and even bare nipples on the backglass artwork or playfield, something which was (and is even today) unheard of on American pinball machines. Especially Italian manufacturers showed nudity in their artwork.

#4044 8 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Sho is a lot of complaining for a non-donator
Also LIONMAN be with you angry man

First there was the exchange rate with the US Dollar that made foreign games more expensive. Further at the time Spain had several regulations to protect their own market and make the import of foreign goods difficult and expensive. Economically it made sense to manufacture games locally as there was a lot of demand for pinball machines.

#4050 8 years ago
Quoted from robin:

In all seriousness (is that allowed in this thread?) I have no issue with this thread.
The moderation notice you got was just a note, not a warning or anything. We thought you were incidentally posting in the wrong thread, haha.
This whole topic makes very little sense, it's all just some people having fun. Just wait until you meet Bangerjay and Scott and it will all become clear. They enlightened me at expo.
To hide a thread, any thread, on Pinside - look for the drain button under the big topic title.
Back on topic now... LIONMAN!

You know what, because you were really cool about it Robin, I will back down. Wish you didn't add your own "that word" at the end, but your were decent about your reply.
I will block this thread.

#4051 8 years ago
Quoted from zaza:

Keep practicing, you're almost there.

Its not cool to change the text of what someone else said.

#4052 8 years ago

Sorry, double post.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pins4me.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lionman?tu=pins4me and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.