Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by pmWolf
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

danger_grumpy_old_man_text_on_back_t_shirt-r5c606851a10641b48f10a036a4dd8342_8041k_512.jpg

This topic is closed.

#1 9 years ago

I read the first couple of hundred comments but now I'm 632 posts behind. I keep smiling and shaking my head whenever I see the topic post up to the top again. What have I missed. Is it worth reading?

#2 9 years ago

Funny you should ask 68. I finally opened the thread moments ago to see what all this "Lionman" stuff was about and I am now more clueless than ever. WTF? I guess I don't get out much.

#3 9 years ago

It is a reference to SoF (Swords of Fury). One of the call-outs is "LIONMAN!" for the lionman bonus in the game.

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

It is a reference to SoF (Swords of Fury). One of the call-outs is "LIONMAN!" for the lionman bonus in the game.

That might have been what it originally was for . . . now it is just a bunch of people shouting out Lionman at each other. LOL

As a reminder, we are keeping all the Lionman stuff confined to that one thread (because we don't want it cross infecting other threads). I will allow this thread to remain open for those people who are confused as to what the Lionman thread is actually about and wondering if they missed an inside joke that was any good . . . to which the answer is no. LOL

#7 9 years ago

Sorry, I couldn't help it

#8 9 years ago

Hmm. I thought it was also based on a challenge to another Pinsider. I thought I read somewhere, in that thread or elsewhere, that the OP was challenged to donate $5 for every 100 posts of people saying "LIONMAN".

I could be wrong, though.

#9 9 years ago

../LIONMAN/LIONMAN!!!!

#10 9 years ago

I heard if you say lionman at midnight looking at a mirror he'll appear behind you and kill you.

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

That might have been what it originally was for . . . now it is just a bunch of people shouting out Lionman at each other.

LOL. That's what it was 632 posts ago when I left. And that's why I smile and scratch my head each time it pops up. I kept thinking they can't possibly still be shouting Lionman, can they?. And I didn't want to wade through the mess...

Too funny. Thanks for the explantion

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Too funny. Thanks for the explantion

Lionman is karma whoring at its finest.

#13 9 years ago

Biggest waste of time and server storage in the history of pinside

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

That might have been what it originally was for . . . now it is just a bunch of people shouting out Lionman at each other. LOL

and wondering if they missed an inside joke that was any good . . . to which the answer is no. LOL

this post made me LOL, but the correct answer is LIONMAN!!!!!!!!

#15 9 years ago

I gave up looking at that thread 367 posts ago.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Lionman is karma whoring at its finest.

It's much than that. I believe it is a commentary on the state of man in society and how his inner will must come to terms with the many facets of the world's perception of his being. A philosophical art piece, if you will. I believe what the OP is trying to say is, well, there's a little bit of Lionman in all of us......

Or it could just be a bunch of people shouting "Lionman".

#17 9 years ago

I thought it was something Kiss related (like hoping that was the next Stern release....then TWD was announced and the Lionman stuff continued)

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I read the first couple of hundred comments but now I'm 632 posts behind. I keep smiling and shaking my head whenever I see the topic post up to the top again. What have I missed. Is it worth reading?

Kim,

What is wonderful about the thread is there is little reading to be done, but plenty of pictures. And it immediately identifies what it is about (LIONMAN) so you won't be reading through pages of conjecture and opinions to realize there is no point to the thread. The thread is about LIONMAN, plain and simple. And you can take that for what it is (or isn't) worth.

Brad

#19 9 years ago

Or TheNoTrashCougar misspelled "LYMAN!!!" in a vain attempt to get a response from Lyman Sheats Jr.

Or, Lyman Sheats Jr. IS Lionman. Or both. Or neither.

#22 9 years ago

Oh good grief, not another lionman thread.

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I kept thinking they can't possibly still be shouting Lionman, can they?

*******!!!!

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from thedefog:

Stop Lyin Man.......!!!.............Joey

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Biggest waste of time and server storage in the history of pinside

You could say the same for almost every thread here after the 10th post....that's usually when the flaming begins.... ...............Joey

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

You could say the same for almost every thread here after tbe 10th post....that's usually when the flaming begins.... ...............Joey

I would rather see 75 more threads about TWD before I see another LIONMAN...That is the only thread I have ever drained....

#27 9 years ago

NO!!! NOT worth it...............er, LIONMAN

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

As a reminder, we are keeping all the Lionman stuff confined to that one thread (because we don't want it cross infecting other threads). I will allow this thread to remain open for those people who are confused as to what the Lionman thread is actually about and wondering if they missed an inside joke that was any good . . . to which the answer is no.

Then this thread has served its purpose. MODS, please lock. We don't need another thread filled with this inanity, which is what this one is becoming already.

#29 9 years ago

LIONMAN serves as an indicator as to who takes this hobby seriously and who has a sense of humor

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

LIONMAN serves as an indicator as to who takes this hobby seriously and who has a sense of humor

And an indicator of those that take themselves too seriously as well. In before the LIONMAN LOCK!!!

#31 9 years ago

It's definitely worth reading, there seems to be no end to pinheads ingenuity to find different ways to express lionmanness (is that even a word, it is now!) with pictures etc.

If your preference is something more serious or drama oriented, there are plenty of threads for that too

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

Then this thread has served its purpose. MODS, please lock. We don't need another thread filled with this inanity, which is what this one is becoming already.

danger_grumpy_old_man_text_on_back_t_shirt-r5c606851a10641b48f10a036a4dd8342_8041k_512.jpgdanger_grumpy_old_man_text_on_back_t_shirt-r5c606851a10641b48f10a036a4dd8342_8041k_512.jpg

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from StevenP:

I'm in total agreement with this.

Sorry, folks. The question has been answered, and I've got a bad feeling this is going to devolve quickly.

Head to the other thread to get your fix.

I'm....sorry?

Pete

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lionman-thread-is-it-worth-reading and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.