Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 139 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by bangerjay
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3d_printed_ramp (resized).jpg
    lionman2.0b (resized).png
    lionman2.0a (resized).png
    Screenshot_20180629-141546_Metal Pro (resized).jpg
    lionman_v1.1_(resized).jpg
    lionman_2.25_(resized).jpg
    lionman_flat_center_(resized).jpg
    virtual_lionman2_(resized).jpg
    virtual_lionman1_(resized).jpg
    zacc_(resized).png
    lionman_under_Glass_(resized).jpg
    single_cabinet_(resized).jpg
    4-cabinets_tied_together_(resized).jpg
    lionman_layout_(resized).jpg
    lionman_2.21.16_(resized).jpg
    transition2_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider henrydwh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#111 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I say we go with flat. I'm imagining at least 3 bad scenarios:
    1. Someone pulls off one of the glass to retrieve a stuck ball, cuts them-self on the sharp corner
    2. Someone leans on the unsupported middle, breaks at least one sheet of glass and fills all 4 playfields with shards costing you time for cleanup, and at least $50 plus shipping for a new piece
    3. Someone not only leans and breaks glass, but puts hand into center, breaks the center bowl, and cuts up their hand on the broken glass
    I'll design some sort of frame for the middle piece that can attach to the cabinets. The playfields can remain 45 degrees, nothing bad is likely to happen to a playfield.
    Made a few tweaks to future pinball, latest download (left click link, then hit download button in upper right corner, do not save link as):
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4jnefp50ezfrfsw/lionman_1.1.fpt
    lionman_v1.1_(resized).jpg

How big is the center area? If you use 1/4" plate glass with polished edges and have it tempered you should be fine. If anything should happen, the worst thing would be cleaning up all the little shards of glass! Any glass company should be able to help you out, If you were in Topeka, KS I would be glad to help with the glass! Yes, I work for a glass company.

#117 8 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

I believe it's a 22" square. I'm going to create some sort of frame to support it. Going to stick with standard 3/16" thickness glass.

3/16 tempered should be fine. If you are concerned about the edges, have them rounded before they temper it. Depending on the glass company, they will either cut and round the edges and then send the glass off to be tempered or they will just give the specs to the glass manufacture and let them do it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider henrydwh.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lionman-custom-game?tu=henrydwh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.