Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by pebceb
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I have the Williams Line Drive pinball. I have had it several years. I have a problem with the base runners hanging up. It seems to hang when a runner goes to third. I can cut the machine off, go to the back and manually back up the mechanism that holds the runners and it unlocks. I restart the machine and everything is fine but it locks up again. Any ideas as to how to fix. As you can tell I am not very knowledgeable as how to fix but I am fairly handy with expert guidance.

#2 7 years ago

Hi
Don't have that game, but would suspect the running man unity needs service.
can you get to it to see if you can manually advance all the way around?
can you see anything binding, or in the way of something?

2 weeks later
#3 7 years ago

I had the same problem and spent hours and hours trying to figure it out and cleaning the mechanism etc. All in vain. The after about six hours looking very carefully at all the switches I found one that was either open when it was supposed to be closed or vice versa. If you have the manual it has them all listed as normally open or normally closed. Suggest you check that.

Peter

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/line-drive-pinball-problem?hl=pebceb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.