8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Sijcolo
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I picked up a line drive last night I pluged it in and got a couple of pitches to work then it started pitching by itself. I turned it off and back on and now I cannot pitch. I've started trouble shooting but not getting very far. I've checked the leaf spring and it appears correct. I don't have the schematics. Any help would be much apprecated.

Thanks,

#2 8 years ago

Bump

#3 8 years ago

As no one has offered any direction I will offer somewhere to start. During my recent restore of an earlier pitch and bat sometimes it is the the switch or jones plugs under the front moulding and in the cab body.

With the power off I suggest you use a jumper wire from the score motor to the motor on the pitching unit (this is were a multimeter continuity setting is invaluable). If you have no schematic this may be difficult to see. Possibly from the pitching motor (not the black wire... its a common) you can trace carefully back through the jones plugs to at least the front moulding switch. Turn on the power and see if this helps isolate the bad connection.

Steve J.

#4 8 years ago

Thanks I'll have to give that a try.

#5 8 years ago

If you are still having issues with your machine, you might want to look at the contacts on the pitching motor assembly (mounted under the playfield). That was the culprit on my p&b when I had a similar issue.

#6 8 years ago

Daddyboo that is the issue. Thanks, I tried cleaning the contacts but am getting an arc.

#7 8 years ago

How did you resolve it daddyboo. I've cleaned the lead switch and tried adjusting it but it continues not to work properly.

Thanks,
    Sijcolo

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/line-drive-not-pitching and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.