Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

logo (resized).jpg
LightShield_installed (resized).jpg
LightShield_Trim (resized).jpg
LightShield_Demo2 (resized).jpg
LightShield_Demo1 (resized).jpg
LightShields (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SkyKing2301.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

logo (resized).jpglogo (resized).jpg

Announcing another product from the new Rocket City Pinball -- LightShields!

LightShields (resized).jpgLightShields (resized).jpg
With all the lights under these playfields -- and so many inserts in close proximity -- errant light occasionally spills into some inserts where it's not intended. Inserts that are lit or flashing when they're not supposed to can be confusing and distracting (and annoying).

LightShield_Demo2 (resized).jpgLightShield_Demo2 (resized).jpg

LightShield_Demo1 (resized).jpgLightShield_Demo1 (resized).jpg

3D-printed LightShields designed by Rocket City Pinball can be installed at a nearby screw under the playfield, oriented as necessary to shield the particular insert from the extra light.

LightShield_installed (resized).jpgLightShield_installed (resized).jpg

The base includes two holes for flexibility in positioning, and the shield itself is thin enough to trim material from its ends to provide clearance if necessary.

LightShield_Trim (resized).jpgLightShield_Trim (resized).jpg

Sold in packs of 10; color may vary based on current inventory, but will be either gray or black. Available in my Pinside shop: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1282-rocket-city-pinball/04227-lightshields-for-under-playfield

(I've tagged Jurassic Park and X-Files because as I've installed LightShields on my units of these games, in a few locations. X-Files had a particularly flagrant one that triggered me to design these in the first place. Can be used on any game with under-playfield light spillage!)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SkyKing2301.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lightshields-for-under-playfields?tu=SkyKing2301 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.