• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Capture (resized).PNG
On Beam D lights (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ibis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Driving me crazy, the pop bumper "D" light and the play field 'D Space Station' light are locked on. I inspected the "T.B. Light" switch stack on the long row of switches on the cam assembly and they check out ok. When I operate the wiper assembly, the lights move up and down the playfield as designed but that D is always locked on.

Not sure where else to look? There is obviously a short somewhere. Any assistance would be appreciated!

#3 3 years ago

Thats what I thought too, they are two separate circuits. The 'top lane' D and the 'mushroom' D lights are not locked on. Just the lower playfield light by the flippers and the POP light.

#6 3 years ago

The two bulbs stuck on are Red/yellow. I could take the wiper assembly apart, there could be something going on withe the contact pads. What do you think?

#7 3 years ago

**EDIT.....I stand corrected..........The bulb stuck on at the play field is Red/yellow. The bulb stuck on at the POP looks to be silver/white or to may be grey, really hard to tell

#9 3 years ago

The top lane D and the mushroom D are all red/yellow wires. The POP D light is the only one that is grey/white.

When I manually move the wiper, it turns on the A lights at the playfield and mushroom and C lights too, but the D and B lights do not cycle.

#10 3 years ago

Also, not sure if this is related, but the D pop does not send a signal to the score reel either. Not sure if these are related issues.

#12 3 years ago

Jumped out to the shop real quick, results below

#13 3 years ago

I unsoldered the yellow wire on the T.B. D unit and of course there is no continuity to any light in the D circuit. And yea, the other bulbs on the D circuit were burnt out

I metered the A, B and C lights from their respected place on the switch stack and they show no real change in Ohms to any of their associated lights on the play field.

1 week later
#15 3 years ago

UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED!

When I was progressing through the test MarkG had laid out I found the issue by circumstance. I decided to test from the sockets and go to the jones plugs in the back of the cab first before going directly to the units into the bottom of the cab. As I looked at the red/yellow wire I noticed the female lug was bent and touching the lug next to it. Once straightened out the ground was repaired! THANKS GUYS!!

One last issue, the ball count isn't registering when the ball drains. Basically endless balls. When I manually make contact on the ball advance switch, the ball count wiper moves from 1 to 7. The wiper also moves the 1 - 7 lights when moved. But a ball drain does nothing. This is new one for me even after all the EM's I have owned and worked on. Any guidance is appreciated.

#17 3 years ago

Ok Ill inspect that in the morning and report back....thanks!

#18 3 years ago

FIXED! The ball trough switch was not gapped properly, Howard to the rescue! Thanks for the help!! Game is 100% working!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ibis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lights-stuck-on-bally-on-beam?tu=ibis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.