Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by LTG
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

Bumper fixed!.. thanks to those who helped..now all my topside lights are out…under playfield is good. Sound ,,everything else good ugggh

#2 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mikenindy:

now all my topside lights are out…

Blow a fuse fixing the bumper ?

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago

I checked the lamp fuse it’s good all the backboard lights work everything under the play field the sound.. I wish it was that simple

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mikenindy:

now all my topside lights are out…under playfield is good.

What do you mean by topside lights? Are you talking about the General Illuminating (GI) lights?

Also, is this for Road Kings?

#5 1 year ago

Yeah I believe that’s what I’m referring to… It’s a 1986 Road Kings thanks for the help

#6 1 year ago

I was able to get the lights working again sound a wire that look like it had been pinched at some point… Thanks anyway

#7 1 year ago

So my advice about not buying coil’s off of eBay was correct… The two flipper coils lasted about 10 minutes apiece before they overheated… Where is the best place to get a replacement Williams flipper coil?

#8 1 year ago

what country are you in? might make it easier to suggest someone local to you?

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mikenindy:

The two flipper coils lasted about 10 minutes apiece before they overheated…

Are your EOS switches wired right and opening up quick enough ? Vid's guide might help.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-upgradingrebuilding-flippers

#10 1 year ago

I’m in Indianapolis Turns out coils over heated because contacts fused shut got a rebuild kit on the way for both sides

#11 1 year ago
    Quoted from Mikenindy:

contacts fused shut

If they are high power contacts, you can file them, they are tungsten. If low power, don't bother, they'll burn quick again.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lights-out- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.