• Latest reply 1 year ago by EMsInKC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5177 (resized).JPG
IMG_5175 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hjh632.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 1 year ago

I'm still honing my schematic skills and am wondering if the following is correct.

When my Royal Flush went to game over, the 'score illumination lights' would come on for players 1, 3, and 4. At (my label # 1) the BX OR+BLK needed adjusting to turn on '2nd player illumination lights'. Good so far, all four sets of lights now come on.

Then I noticed only the '4th player coin light' came on in my backglass at game over, but not 1-3. I checked the schematic to "fix" that and have all four lights operate. I saw at (my label 2) when the Q relay make-break turned on the 'game over light' it also turned off 'ball in play lights' 1-5, AND 1st - 4th 'coin lights'. EXCEPT at (my label 3) the Bx turned on only the '4th player coin light.'

(A) So is that a correct reading of the schematics and only the 4th player coin light should be on and my game is functioning right? I think so, but can the more experienced Pinsiders confirm?

(B)My big question is why is the game designed so that only the 4, not 1-4 coin lights come on at game over. I know know many people on Pinside have very deep knowledge of game design and actually knew the people who designed the games - is there some logical reason why all 4 sets of score illumination lights come on but only the 4th player coin light?

Thanks, Henry.

IMG_5175 (resized).JPGIMG_5175 (resized).JPG
#2 1 year ago

Aha! When walking by an idle machine it would read '4 can play at the same time'. Seems to make sense.

IMG_5177 (resized).JPGIMG_5177 (resized).JPG
#4 1 year ago

Thanks for the confirmation, Bonzo71.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist
Decals
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hjh632.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lights-on-off-at-game-over-gottlieb-royal-flush-1976?tu=hjh632 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.