Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by schudel5
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Ok..have put in a new circuit board that fixed the game not working... Need direction on one last issue.... With my EM games when lights dont work it is a simple and cheap fix..'

The SS games on the other hand have faulty EXPENSIVE circuit boards that need to be replaced...

THe lights all work except the backboard lights and the playfield outer lights.......have schematic and traced th wires but dont want to spend hundresd to buy another board..

CAN ANY ONE GIVE ME DIRECTION on fixing this issue'

Thank you

#2 7 years ago

Give us the title and some pictures if you can, please

#3 7 years ago

Have done all that........thank you

#4 7 years ago

I assume you are talking about the GI lighting? The GI lighting is super simple, but typically any issues are from a blown fuse (all out) to burned headers and connectors (one or more strings out).

There should be a rectifier board, near the transformer, with fuses, bridges, resistors and 4 connectors labeled J1, J2, J3 and J4.

There is a test point labeled TP4. Check TP4 for about 6.5VAC.

Check fuse F5 as it should be 20A and check to make sure it's not blown.

The backbox GI lights are on two strings and go through connector J4 pins 1, 4, 8 and 9. Check to see if any pins are burned and if so replace both the header and connector.

The playfield GI lights are on 3 strings and go through connector J1 pins 1, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 8. Check to see if any pins are burned and if so replace both the header and connector.

#5 7 years ago

Thank you..this is the info I was looking for....will work on it tommorrow.. All fuses good....help me with terminology.... header= batch of wires encased in plastic........connector = is part of the rectifier board...

AH

#6 7 years ago

Header is attached to board with male pins. Connector is the female pin inside the white plastic housing with wires coming out of it. Connector housing is the white plastic piece.

If any pins are burned, chances are the connector housing is burned too and all 3 will need to be replaced.

Headers and connectors are .156" size. Use Trifurcon female pins and crimp on to the wires.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside