13 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

889f1.jpg
#1 13 years ago

hi i have a ballys flip flop the lights on the back glass do not work. but the lights on the playing field work fine can some one help me jerry

#2 13 years ago

Look for burn marks on the connectors attached to the circuit boards.
Also look for any breaks/loose wires coming off the backboard.

#3 13 years ago

Jerry Bally EMs have notorious bad jones type connectors try moving the ones that feed the back box in and out a bit (after you set the playfield in the service mode) if they come on then you found the reason.
Might be an easy fix for a change

889f1.jpg889f1.jpg

#4 13 years ago

I would bet you have a bad fuse holder. Pretty common on EM's.

#5 13 years ago

Yeah good call Hawkeye11 -got punked out big time once on a bad fuse holder,
searched everything and then just tapped the fuse holder with a screw driver and bingo !

#6 13 years ago

It's in the fuse panel. Guaranteed. Now, if it keeps blowing fuses you'll have to check each and every playfield lamp holder. The bottom of the post (where the positive wire connects) can get bent slightly and may be touching ground. We go through it constantly.

#7 13 years ago

thanks got it to work it was a bad fuse i just picked up a gottlieb outter space and the lights dont work on the playing feild and the relay keeps recycling have to reset it a few timesto get it to stop and when im playing the relay will start recycling again in middle of game

#8 13 years ago

try to make a separate post with the name of game, year, and symptom something like-

"1972 GTB. Outer Space light issues " not a big deal just makes posts easier to find years

from now. Perhaps someone else has the same game and is looking for info

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 22.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lights-do-not-work and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.