You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20120607_C.jpg
20120607_B.jpg
20120607_A.jpg
20120607_D.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lordnorth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 11 years ago

Chud,

Just went through almost exactly the same thing with my TAF.

Set it to single lamp test, scroll through until you have two lamps flashing.

Now go through and one at a time, remove each lamp in column 8. My guess is somewhere along the line things should all of a sudden go back to just the one correct lamp flashing. That lamp that you have pulled should be the cause of your problem.

Might be diode, might be wired wrong, might be shorted lamp, but at least you have narrowed down your options.

Give me a shout if you need any more help. I just had the same problem and it ended up being a "phantom" trace on a light board.

Good luck!

#19 11 years ago

Do yours go both ways... for example... when 11 is supposed to be on 81 is on... Does it work in reverse... when 81 is supposed to be on, 11 is on as well?

Pull every light in both rows if they do. For ones that are on boards, pull the plug off of the board, rather than just taking out the lamp.

Heading to bed now. I will check in around 7:30 eastern tomorrow am to see how you are making out. I would put money that it is something from one of the two rows (or columns... whichever it is) that is back feeding.

Its frustrating, I know. Screwed around with mine for about a week and a half before I got it fixed.

#21 11 years ago

Hmm, I wonder if mine were lighting both because they were row problems and don't have the diodes on that side and yours are column problems which do have the diode so it doesn't back-feed between the two.

This only happens between Column 1 and Column 8 right? It isn't a matter where column 8 is on ALL THE TIME regardless of what other column is on, correct? (If that is the case it might be a board problem constantly powering column 8 - if it isn't I would lean away from board)

Just to check. If 11 is supposed to be on, it is, but 81 is also on. And even if you take 11 out of the socket, 81 is still lit. Correct?

And, if you have it on 11 and 81 is lit, everything stays the same if you take out 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88?

And, if you have it on 11 and 81 is lit, everything stays the same if you take out 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18?

Same thing happens if you are on 21, 31, 41, 51, 61, 71, 81 as well?

#27 11 years ago

Started posting this before Hergs response (but got called away)... I am starting to agree with him that it sounds like it very well may be a board issue, so take the suggestions below with a grain of salt. You could definitely try the jumper wire idea to make sure that 8 is always on from the board - but it sure sounds like it is.

(ORIGINAL POST)
See if I can summarize: Column 8 is ALWAYS on, regardless of whatever lamp is lit. Column 8 is lit up corresponding to whatever ROW the selected lamp is on, but the lamp in Column 8 is always lit. If a lamp in Column 8 is selected, this lamp is the ONLY one that is lit.

Is all of this correct?

If you haven't already, you could try running a lead directly from the pin coming out of the board to find out if 8 is "always on" coming from the board or "always on" because of a short under the playfield.

If it is not on the board, then keep looking at those lamps in Column 8. I'm thinking the problem has to be there somewhere.

#33 11 years ago

Good luck. You are on the board and off of the pf, so you are out of my territory, but I will give this a bump to help find some more answers!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lordnorth.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lights-are-lit-when-they-shouldnt-be?tu=lordnorth and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.