Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by andycane
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Hi, I'm new here as I've always enjoyed pinballs but never really had any means on getting any pins of my own. I am currently trying to acquire a VR pin cabinet since I wouldn't even know where to begin on maintaining a real pin. However, there was an opportunity for me to acquire an Indiana Jones playfield, as I figured I would be able to simply light up the board and hang it up on the wall. There is something very calming about just watching the lights just follow their random sequence and it's very inviting.

I was able to find a device Airfield as they tried to market it to some of the people here and it lights up the back of the playfield with LED and sequence accordingly to what you want. There was only 100 made as apparently it didn't do well sales wise as it seems I'm too late to the game as they stopped selling it last year. I'm here asking if anyone knows any other options to light up the playfield besides using some Christmas lights. Ideally, it would light up similar to the way the Indiana Jones lights up(in any mode) as this clearly wouldn't be made to be played with.

I'm open to any suggestions like the raspberry PI, or if you know anyone that will part with their airfield LEDSEQ device I would greatly appreciate it. Just please understand I don't know code, and I'm not very savvy when it comes to building electronics from parts. Thanks again.

#3 5 years ago

Here's what I did with a string of Christmas lights. Lights had several different pre programs. Used heavy black cardboard to cover the holes and pipe insulation as a back frame to prevent light bleed and give it some space to breathe:

#4 5 years ago

Rondogg, that looks awesome, as it really looks alive. Can you break down what you did with the pipes please. The black cardboard is a great idea.

What you did was perfect as I would like to achieve what you did What was the brand of Christmas lights that you used?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
2step’s shop

14,000 (OBO)
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wilmington, DE
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanted
$ 1,319.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 85.00
$ 70.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 0.00
Playfield - Other
PinJewels

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 1,419.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

11,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Trumansburg, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lighting-up-an-indiana-jones-playfield and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.