Topic Stats

• 192 posts
  • 48 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by zipwipple
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 29 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

capture_(resized).PNG
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_2.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_1370.jpg

There are 192 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 4 years ago

Parts are on order! Depending on PCB timing, I hope to have things ready for shipping in a week or two.

#102 4 years ago

Great work Steve!

1 week later
#103 4 years ago

Just a quick update, all parts are in hand except the actual PCB's (of course lol)

I was hoping they would be here last week so I could build over the weekend but that wasn't in the cards... I even ordered them before officially committing to the build and they are still the last thing to arrive . The boards should arrive early this week so I might be able to get a batch out late this week, with the remainder the week after. Worst case all batches should be shipped out next week.

For those in on this build, keep an eye on your PM's in the coming days.

Thanks for the patience all.

#104 4 years ago

Thanks for the update.

#105 4 years ago

What could these be...
IMG_1370.JPG

Just programming them now then ready for a test in my machine to make sure all is well.

Will be shipping next week - buyers stand by for PMs this weekend!

#106 4 years ago

Well I'm a couple days late but a nice weekend at the lake can't be missed in a Canadian summer (which lasts roughly one month between snowstorms).

All boards tested 100% and the power cables are done. I'm beginning to package everything up so I'll be shooting out PM's with paypal info tonight or tomorrow morning. As a general reminder, please be sure to correlate your pinside name to your paypal info - i know mine is completely different and unrelated, like many are.

#107 4 years ago

Awesome news.

#108 4 years ago

I would like to purchase one if it's still available. LMK

#109 4 years ago

PM's are out. In addition to addresses, please make sure I have a contact phone number particularly for US or international orders.

I have a waitlist of a few people at this point - I have enough boards to satisfy demand but not enough power cable. I will rectify that issue this week, but for the time being there are no more boards available unless people drop out.

There has been a decent amount of interest around the apron mod so I will probably be doing another run of 10-12 boards when I create a final version of that in the coming weeks so if you didn't get in on this build, keep an eye out for an RGB apron mod post next month or so.

#110 4 years ago

Awesome! Great work.

#111 4 years ago

PM Sent.I need one.

#112 4 years ago

Money sent looking forward to apron mod.

#113 4 years ago

Can a Tron LE have its stock ramp lighting replaced with ELI mod and then use this product?

#114 4 years ago

PM sent

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Can a TRON LE have its stock ramp lighting replaced with ELI mod and then use this product?

I don't really know. It would be a question for Eli. If the ramp lighting works with the LE, this would also work.

#116 4 years ago

The Eli ramp lighting kit doesn't work on the LE afaik.

If someone has an LE and can figure out the pinout for the fiber optic drivers, I'm sure it could be made to work but it wont be plug and play.

#117 4 years ago

Thanks to everyone for the timely responses - I hope I've responded to anyone waiting for one.

I'm filtering through all of it and packing things up as I type. FYI I will be including some brief instructions and notes for everyone. I hope this helps those a bit nervous or concerned about installing this. If you managed to install the Eli kit, this is a piece of cake.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I hope this helps those a bit nervous or concerned about installing this

I assumed you would be hand delivering this and installing for me

#119 4 years ago

Sent a PM and payment last night. Still waiting for a response.

#120 4 years ago

Sorry bud - PM'd!

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I assumed you would be hand delivering this and installing for me

I could, but I'd have to bump shipping up to ~$800 to bring myself from Canada-land down to you, then there would be the hospitality fee I typically add on for travel which is approximately $300-400 per night, primarily for liquor. That is assuming we're bunking together of course (duh right?) and I'm pretty sure I still lose money on it.... due to the aforementioned liquor costs mostly.

#122 3 years ago

I could, but I'd have to bump shipping up to ~$800 to bring myself from Canada-land down to you, then there would be the hospitality fee I typically add on for travel which is approximately $300-400 per night, primarily for liquor. That is assuming we're bunking together of course (duh right?) and I'm pretty sure I still lose money on it.... due to the aforementioned liquor costs mostly.

If you are bringing the liquor we have a deal.

#123 3 years ago

Purpledrilmonkey did you get my paypal?

#124 3 years ago

The Eli ramp lighting kit doesn't work on the LE afaik.

If someone has an LE and can figure out the pinout for the fiber optic drivers, I'm sure it could be made to work but it wont be plug and play.

Thats a real shame because the ELI kit is much nicer that the stock one on the LE.

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from Sijcolo:

Purpledrilmonkey did you get my paypal?

Yes indeed. I believe all but one are confirmed paid, and they have confirmed there will be a slight delay so all is well.

#126 3 years ago

Thats a real shame because the ELI kit is much nicer that the stock one on the LE.

Do you have a dog/horse in this race?

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Do you have a dog/horse in this race?

Actually I do because I'm trying to decide between two offers, one is a decked out pro with eli mods and the other is an LE. I want to get the LE but the pro looked nicer with ELI mod. I would get the LE if I can convert, hence the question posed to those in this thread, but found out it can't so I decided I will get the PRO. Is that enough of a dog in this race for you centerflank?

#128 3 years ago

Is that enough of a dog in this race for you centerflank?

Nope. You sound like a tire kicker.

#129 3 years ago

As of tomorrow morning, all paid boards will have been shipped!

Tracking was way too much on some - if you don't get a PM with a tracking number, your shipment doesn't have tracking but is on the way nonetheless. All shipments domestic and intl should be ~10 business days max. Let me know if you don't see anything in a couple weeks.

Thanks for the support all. This is the first mod I've ever shipped out and it was frankly a lot more work than one thinks - sorry it took a few days longer than I wanted but I hope everything works fine for everyone here out. Now I know why Nelly didn't jump at doing it for $50... and now I have no idea why I did for $60 lol

Either way, hope you enjoy! There's a few on waitlist I will be in touch with in the coming days, then on to the apron mod... and a secret Metallica mod...

#130 3 years ago

Want one!! Pls put me on waitlist

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Want one!! Pls put me on waitlist

You're in. That's it for waitlist folks at this point - I'm out of extra boards. Pending cable delivery, I should have the 4 waitlist folks ready to ship early next week.

Might be another run of boards when the apron mod is ready if there's enough interest again but for now we're done.

#132 3 years ago

Yeah Baby!

#133 3 years ago

Now where can I get some under cabinet lighting that will plug into this.
I also have a Laseriffic topper that is static on blue.Due I need to change the led strip in that too?.Or just solder 4 leads to that?.

#134 3 years ago

This is the first mod I've ever shipped out and it was frankly a lot more work than one thinks

Everyone should try it at least once.

Quoted from Pinzzz:

Now where can I get some under cabinet lighting that will plug into this.

I'm not sure if this is the cheapest available, but you can't beat $12 by much.
amazon.com link »

Quoted from Pinzzz:

I also have a Laseriffic topper that is static on blue.Due I need to change the led strip in that too?

Does it have four terminals on the end of the strip? You can get solid blue strips as well, so I'm not sure what Laseriffic used. If you get the above strip, you should have plenty left over to swap it out if you need to.

#135 3 years ago

Thank You Herg

#136 3 years ago

The only thing to watch for is the order of the colors in the wiring. Most of the bulk stuff is correct with B-R-G-12v which is pin-for-pin correct on these boards. Some of the consumer led strips I have are R-G-B-12v which will work but will output the wrong colors unless the pinouts are rewired.

Also, I personally don't know if I would bother going waterproof in a pinball machine. Waterproof is what I bought to tinker with, but its a bit painful to work with if you are cutting many small strips; removing the waterproofing to get at the solder pads is time consuming and finicky. IMO if you have rain/water pouring onto the LEDs in your pinball machine you have bigger issues. The strips do look nicer as a finished product however so it's more a personal decision.

#137 3 years ago

Also, I personally don't know if I would bother going waterproof in a pinball machine.

I usually get the waterproof more to protect against bumps than water. The bare LEDs just seem awfully fragile to me. I agree that it can be a pain to peel back enough of it to solder to the terminals, though.

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Nope. You sound like a tire kicker.

That's ok centerflank, I do not require nor have a sought your approval for anything. Unlike you with MMr, I am fully committed to buying a Tron and I am doing my due diligence. Bottom line is I really don't care what you think.

#139 3 years ago

That's ok centerflank, I do not require nor have a sought your approval for anything. Unlike you with MMr, I am fully committed to buying a Tron and I am doing my due diligence. Bottom line is I really don't care what you think.

Ok, I bet you feel better getting that all out

#140 3 years ago

Guys, please...

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Guys, please...

I think it's suppose to be "child, please"

#142 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

I usually get the waterproof more to protect against bumps than water. The bare LEDs just seem awfully fragile to me. I agree that it can be a pain to peel back enough of it to solder to the terminals, though.

Fair thought as well. I haven't played much with the unprotected LED strips so I can't attest to their fragility, but the waterproof ones are undoubtedly more rigid and sturdy.

Do you have any tips/tricks to get the waterproofing cut back without damaging the traces or pads? Preferably not involving razor blades or sharp knives, but that really does work best for me in my experience....

#143 3 years ago

Do you have any tips/tricks to get the waterproofing cut back without damaging the traces or pads? Preferably not involving razor blades or sharp knives, but that really does work best for me in my experience....

Sorry, no tricks that make it easy. I use a blade and carefully slide it between the strip and the coating, parallel to the strip. I then cut perpendicular to the strip to remove the small section of coating, making it easier to solder to. The more I do it, the easier it gets, but it's still a bit of a pain.

#144 3 years ago

Exactly how I do it too

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Razor blade through the waterproofing and just peel it off. Piece of cake

image.jpg
image.jpg

And I agree the waterproofing make them far more robust when handling

#146 3 years ago

It's actually really easy to avoid cutting the strip itself

When not under cabinets they work great for this

image.jpg

#147 3 years ago

Board waitlisters check your PM's. Shipping as early as Monday.

#148 3 years ago

Payment Sent.

#149 3 years ago

All waitlist orders shipped yesterday afternoon.

Thanks again to everyone for the support.

#150 3 years ago

Can't wait for the apron mod!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Lighting - Led
FlipperLED
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Machine - For Sale
Cibolo, TX
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 192 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside