image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_1370.jpg

There are 192 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I know what I'll be doing tonight
IMG_1528.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_1529.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Sweet!! Try and post some video when your done for us.

#52 8 years ago

I know what I'll be doing tonight

Eating Skittles?

#53 8 years ago

Here are a few pics I snapped during the install.

IMG_1533.JPGIMG_1533.JPG

IMG_1536.JPGIMG_1536.JPG

IMG_1538.JPGIMG_1538.JPG

#54 8 years ago

And here is a short video of it installed showing some of the modes.

#55 8 years ago

Video looks great! Was it difficult to install? Which under cab kit do you have installed?

Thanks
Ed

#56 8 years ago

And here is a short video of it installed showing some of the modes.
» YouTube video

Looking good!! Hope everything installed smoothly for ya. Enjoy!

#57 8 years ago

Im confused... I have an LE, wandering if there is a solution to the under cabinet interactive lighting I can do?

#58 8 years ago

This board only works with the Pinbits ramp kit, so it's just for the Pro. Sorry.

#59 8 years ago

I am down to my last 2 boards! These were originally spoken for, but those members have not gotten back to me after weeks of attempting to contact them. So they are now available to whoever wants them. These are the last 2 available from me. Get them while you can!

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

I am down to my last 2 boards! These were originally spoken for, but those members have not gotten back to me after weeks of attempting to contact them. So they are now available to whoever wants them. These are the last 2 available from me. Get them while you can!

This is why I agree with a deposit on pre order mods. I also pay for my mods up front so the seller knows I'm serious. A lot of these mod makers are really generous.

#61 8 years ago

This is why I agree with a deposit on pre order mods.

It's typical. When I was keeping pre-order lists for OCD stuff, I saw about a 20% dropout rate.

With those, it was more understandable. They cost more, and more time passed between when they pre-ordered and I finished them.

It looks like Nelly will be able to sell the ones he has remaining, though.

#62 8 years ago

I am now sold out of these. Thanks to everyone that picked one up and to Herg for coming up with this and allowing me to get a few of these out into the wild. I hope you all enjoy them! Feel free to post up some videos once you have it installed!

#63 8 years ago

Damn, I wish I'd been aware of this one! Neat mod, and I'm glad you got them into the wild (though not in large numbers, apparently)

Great job!

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from ignusfast:

Damn, I wish I'd been aware of this one! Neat mod, and I'm glad you got them into the wild (though not in large numbers, apparently)
Great job!

Yeah, I cant believe there wasn't more demand for these kits considering their price point. I mean a plastic building to place in your playfield is $100 these days, and this fully interactive electronic mod that ties into gameplay is only $50 , to me it was a no brainer.

2 months later
#65 8 years ago

I don't suppose you have any left? If so I would like it.

#67 8 years ago

If we get enough interest in this nelly might make more. not sure why I got down voted this is an awesome mod.

#68 8 years ago

I'd take one!

#69 8 years ago

If another batch is run I'd take one.

#70 8 years ago

Alright 4 down.

#71 8 years ago

I'll take one

#72 8 years ago

I'll chime in to mention that I have two extra assembled boards sitting here and I would be willing to do a full run with ~10+ orders. You're on the hook for LEDs and cabling, but the boards are fully functional. I don't think I can match the $50 price but I'll run numbers tomorrow and see what I can do.

#73 8 years ago

$50 really is basically zero profit, and if Purple were to do it in Canada, it would cost more.

I'm sorry I cannot help, but I'm already so busy, I'm lucky to play a dozen games a week.

#74 8 years ago

Understood herg. You don't need to be sorry, it is my fault I did not order originally. Awesome mod.

#75 8 years ago

I might be willing to do another run as well, but would need at least 10 committed. At $50 each, with the amount of time I have in building them and the $ I have in parts, I really am not making a whole lot on them. However, if there is a demand for them I would consider doing it again.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 8 years ago

6 on the list...

ignusfast
Sijcolo
Pinbally_1968
flukevfx
jeffspinballpalace
S3G

#77 8 years ago

bump for attention

#78 8 years ago

Ill commit to one if they run again.

#80 8 years ago

If the above could be held to under $100, and if cabling and lighting choices were an offered option, we could be at ten. Based on the following:

ignusfast
Sijcolo
Pinbally_1968
flukevfx
jeffspinballpalace
S3G
centerflank
3 x jeffspinballpalace (committing to buy 3 more and would be offering these up as more people came along)

#81 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If the above could be held to under $100, and if cabling and lighting choices were an offered option, we could be at ten. Based on the following:
ignusfast
Sijcolo
Pinbally_1968
flukevfx
jeffspinballpalace
S3G
centerflank
3 x jeffspinballpalace (committing to buy 3 more and would be offering these up as more people came along)

Is everyone on this list still in? Purpledrillmonkey said he had 2 available and I would be shocked if some on this list didn't snatch up his first.

#82 8 years ago

Add me to the list please!

#83 8 years ago

I'm still in.

#84 8 years ago

I contacted him but I would still be in.

#85 8 years ago

Ok here's what I have happening,

One of my two is tentatively sold, and I'm now including a power cable to get from the coin door plug to the 12v plug on the board. I can't get much lower than $70 USD for this due to building them in low volume (qty 3 actually). I'm NOT including LED's or cabling for LEDs as there are far too many ways to do it, they are standard components, and there are too many configurations to compensate for; See Nelly and Herg's earlier posts regarding splitters and whatnot.

Now, regarding more boards, if Nelly wants to step up and do another run I will bow out, but I would consider doing a run of 10-12 right away and ideally knocking the price on all of the boards to ~$60 USD due to volume pricing at qty = 10+

This would again include a power cable, but no LED related items.

We'll figure it out!

#86 8 years ago

I was goin to wait a week or two more but since there's renewed interest, here's a taste of the companion mod I wanted this board for in the first place.

With enough interest I'll push past the prototype and offer something for sale.

// Error: Image 434132 not found //// Error: Image 434133 not found //// Error: Image 434131 not found //

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg

image_5.jpgimage_5.jpg

#87 8 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

I was goin to wait a week or two more but since there's renewed interest, here's a taste of the companion mod I wanted this board for in the first place.
With enough interest I'll push past the prototype and offer something for sale.

I want the taste! where is the taste you promised?

#88 8 years ago

I want the taste! where is the taste you promised?

See above. Pics weren't posting from mobile well.

It's probably the most elaborate mod in terms of mods required to bring it to life. It requires Eli's ramps, Herg's board, and an LE apron to be brought to life, then it's some LED strips and custom apron inserts.

Currently I have the apron inserts 3D printed in a couple layers - they look way better than I anticipated they would and may actually end up being the final product depending on the price of laser cutting something a bit more professional. One advantage of the 3D printed version is I can make whatever pattern I (or you) would want for a fraction of tooling up a laser cutter for one-offs.

I have cabling and LED's on order for a batch of these, and I'm working on printing up some better mounting hardware for the LED strips that will hold them better and help prevent light bleed. In a couple weeks, as I said before, I may take some orders if there is interest.

#89 8 years ago

See above. Pics weren't posting from mobile well.
It's probably the most elaborate mod in terms of mods required to bring it to life. It requires Eli's ramps, Herg's board, and an LE apron to be brought to life, then it's some LED strips and custom apron inserts.
Currently I have the apron inserts 3D printed in a couple layers - they look way better than I anticipated they would and may actually end up being the final product depending on the price of laser cutting something a bit more professional. One advantage of the 3D printed version is I can make whatever pattern I (or you) would want for a fraction of tooling up a laser cutter for one-offs.
I have cabling and LED's on order for a batch of these, and I'm working on printing up some better mounting hardware for the LED strips that will hold them better and help prevent light bleed. In a couple weeks, as I said before, I may take some orders if there is interest.

Ok I want it! I have all the things you listed except my apron is a chrome one from Hooked. Will it still work with my apron? What will the price point be and what components will it come with?

tron.jpgtron.jpg

#90 8 years ago

Ok here's the deal as we stand right now RE: RGB boards

I talked with Nelly and he's given me a green light/good luck on my own run of these. My run will include:

1x Herg's RGB board with latest code installed
1x 12V coin door power cable

It will NOT include any LED's or cabling for LEDs.

The batch price is set at $60 USD, shipped within North America (I think I break even?)- if you are outside NA I'll have to work a different price out... hopefully under $70...

I see the following folks on the list:

ignusfast
Sijcolo
Pinbally_1968
flukevfx
jeffspinballpalace
S3G
centerflank
3 x jeffspinballpalace
jazzmaster

Total = 11

Depending on the PCB delivery time and component availability, I would estimate payment and subsequent shipping to happen in ~2-3 weeks.

If you are on this list please send me a PM asap to confirm that $60 USD is ok with you - the old run was $50 and I'm unsure what price point you are agreeing to purchase at.

If you don't see your name but want in, send me a PM before the end of the week - posting in this thread after this post will not guarantee you a board! Assuming there are still at least 10 people on that list on Friday, I will place the orders for the components this weekend.

#91 8 years ago

Ok I want it! I have all the things you listed except my apron is a chrome one from Hooked. Will it still work with my apron? What will the price point be and what components will it come with?
tron.jpg

Assuming the mounting screws are the same as the pinball life apron I have (which accepts the blue LE inserts) they are compatible - it MAY depend on how you (or hooked) mounted your apron flashers but it wouldn't be hard to adjust any discrepancies (I hope).

I'm 100% unsure on price. I haven't run numbers yet, nor have I got what I would consider a "production" build done yet. The wiring and soldering is pretty ugly under that apron right now lol...

Also, check your PMs.

#92 8 years ago

Im still In... Im also interested your Tron LE apron/companion Mod... PM sent..

#93 8 years ago

PM sent!

#94 8 years ago

PM (no subject..sighh) sent!

#95 8 years ago

I've heard back from almost everyone on the list so right now it looks like we'll be moving forward with an order of 10 boards. If anyone hasn't contacted me and wants a board, please let me know by Sunday evening (Aug 2).

I will be placing my orders first thing Monday morning

There may be a few extra boards if people drop out or there happens to be spare parts, but I can't promise a board to anyone if you don't let me know before I order parts.

Let others who might be interested know about this build, and keep in mind the apron mod I'm working on above (hopefully coming in a month or two *fingers crossed*) will require this board.

Thanks to all who have responded!

#96 8 years ago

Tempting but bad timing for me.

#97 8 years ago

hats off for purple!

#98 8 years ago

I've heard back from almost everyone on the list so right now it looks like we'll be moving forward with an order of 10 boards. If anyone hasn't contacted me and wants a board, please let me know by Sunday evening (Aug 2).
I will be placing my orders first thing Monday morning
There may be a few extra boards if people drop out or there happens to be spare parts, but I can't promise a board to anyone if you don't let me know before I order parts.
Let others who might be interested know about this build, and keep in mind the apron mod I'm working on above (hopefully coming in a month or two *fingers crossed*) will require this board.
Thanks to all who have responded!

If you don't mind. When your new apron mod is ready can you start a new thread on it? I think it deserves its own thread.

#99 8 years ago

If you don't mind. When your new apron mod is ready can you start a new thread on it? I think it deserves its own thread.

Yes I fully intend to. It will naturally link back to this thread, but I don't want to jump the gun on it - when I post it I want to be able to ship a batch within a week or two.

The above was just a teaser for us in the Herg RGB board club

#100 8 years ago

That apron mod looks really cool. I'm really tempted to want one for my own game, but I'm trying to limit the projects I get involved in so that I can spend more time playing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
$ 26.50
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
12,028 (OBO)
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Under cabinet
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods
Plastics
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 192 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lighting-mod-for-tron-ramp-kit-owners-gauging-interest/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.