First, the fun part. What does this do?
It uses signals from the Pinbits/Eli TRON Ramp Lighting kit and synchronizes additional lighting mods to the ramp lights. You can use it to control toppers, speaker lights, undercabinet lighting, ColorDMD, etc. Here's some video of it in action.
I designed this nearly a year ago, but I was never able to offer it as a kit for a few reasons.
1. I was not able to get a good idea of how much interest there was.
2. I did not have the time to get a cost estimate together, so I was unable to set a price.
3. I did not have the time to build boards, and I didn't think there was enough interest to have them outsourced.
4. My game has a beta version Ramp Lighting kit, so I could not be sure it worked with the production version.
5. My game only has a ColorDMD, no lighting mods.
Recently, however, Nelly contacted me about wanting to build one himself. In short order, he had his working, and it's the one shown in the videos above. That solved questions 4 and 5.
Over the past few days, I have put some estimates together, and we have settled at a price of $50 for the controller board. You will still need a power supply and cabling for your lighting mods, but all of that is either available elsewhere or easy to make. We will explain this more later.
We would now like to get a good idea of how much interest there is. In order to make this work, we really need solid numbers, so please don't commit to one if you don't really want it. If you want one, please send a PM either to me or Nelly. Soon, we will set a cutoff date for commitments so that we can start building.
Nelly has offered to handbuild a small quantity, but if it turns out that the numbers are high enough, I will handle outsourcing them.