• Latest reply 5 months ago by Nikrox2
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

66563166-3F11-4C6C-AA7E-6E1BB6EC9073 (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

Anyone else order anything from “Lighted Pinball Mods”?

I placed an Order 2 weeks ago and so far after several attempts at communicating (just to track my order). All I’ve recieved to date was a reply “my girl who does my email will be in on Monday”. And guess what - still no response (guess the email girl didn’t work yesterday?).

This is a small order ($100?) so it’s not a big deal. But I placed other orders the same day and received them - from the UK! This company is from Georgia!

Maybe they’re at a pinball festival selling other products? Maybe they’re a smaller company and just short handed.

All I’ve asked is for tracking and status information. I can go elsewhere. But now they have my money and not responding. So I don’t want to order a 2nd one and then these people finally ship something.

Just very frustrating with zero communicating from the seller.

Big or small - this is not how to treat a customer (someone they took money from when I placed my order).

Just making sure other pinsiders don’t get ripped off as I seemed to have.

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

Anyone else order anything from “Lighted Pinball Mods”?
I placed an Order 2 weeks ago and so far after several attempts at communicating (just to track my order). All I’ve recieved to date was a reply “my girl who does my email will be in on Monday”. And guess what - still no response (guess the email girl didn’t work yesterday?).
This is a small order ($100?) so it’s not a big deal. But I placed other orders the same day and received them - from the UK! This company is from Georgia!
Maybe they’re at a pinball festival selling other products? Maybe they’re a smaller company and just short handed.
All I’ve asked is for tracking and status information. I can go elsewhere. But now they have my money and not responding. So I don’t want to order a 2nd one and then these people finally ship something.
Just very frustrating with zero communicating from the seller.
Big or small - this is not how to treat a customer (someone they took money from when I placed my order).
Just making sure other pinsiders don’t get ripped off as I seemed to have.

I wouldn’t go jumping the gun and assume you’ve been ripped off yet. Somethings up and I don’t know what it is but I’d bet that this will get taken care of.

#3 5 years ago

After 7 attempts this was my only recourse. I’m a business owner so fully understand having issues from time to time on orders. But - the main thing I’ve always stood by is communicating any order issues with my customers. Usually they understand and work with me. But I talk with them, so they can make the decision to wait or order elsewhere. I can’t even get that out of them.

#4 5 years ago

He’s been active here 2 days ago, I’d gather that he’s been busy with the recent pinball show.

Did you contact him via here too?

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/litedpinballmods/contact

#5 5 years ago

I know he's been at TPF the past few days... and those guys go to almost EVERY show it seems. I have ordered from him in the past and had sporadic communication with him when I had installation questions. He has always come through for me, though the process can be somewhat frustrating since they ARE a very small company and probably generate a lot of new business every time they go to a show.

#6 5 years ago

Yep. That’s where I got the message he’s out of town and his “email girl” will be in on Monday. Probably setting up at other shows and my order is small and not worth the time to respond. I understand that (and not being sarcastic it’s a really small order).

I guess I see these “companies” as true company’s with employees and staff and computers to track orders.

Possibly they’re just small company’s with only a couple of family workers. I get that too. But then customer service would be even more important.

I’ll quit. (Sounds like I’m whining now). Just want the product that I paid for. That’s all. Even a message like “we’re sorry for the delay and your order is shipping today.” Or tomorrow. Or next week. Something Anything

#7 5 years ago

most people providing services here are a one man show. i know i am. i know it can be frustrating when there is little or no contact, but buyers are well protected by paypal and credit card. 99% of the time businesses come through. being contacted out of the blue on a rare part wanted ad , is a little different.

#8 5 years ago

Weird Their advertisement for the exact part was right there in that last response.

66563166-3F11-4C6C-AA7E-6E1BB6EC9073 (resized).png66563166-3F11-4C6C-AA7E-6E1BB6EC9073 (resized).png
#9 5 years ago

They are good people, you won’t be left stranded. They were at tpf. Keep trying.

9 months later
#10 4 years ago

I too am beyond frustrated with a lighted speaker panel I had purchased for ToM. First of all, the plugs that plug into the board for power were punched down incorrectly. Spent lots of my own time troubleshooting why their panel would light up just fine with a wall plug but not with the it plugged into the board in the head. Then I discovered that the panel with the LED speaker rings installed will not close because the additional height makes it so that the speaker bumps into the battery packs. Their last comment (several days ago) was that the picture I sent looks like the speaker is taller than normal. No, it's a standard WPC speaker and is the same size as another of my WPC's, Road Show.

Communication is very lean and going on about a month trying to get any movement for a solution. very disappointing because I was really looking forward to the mod for ToM. So now I had to disassemble everything again and put it back to the original panel in order to even play it.

As long as there are no issues, their products are probably fine. Good luck if you have any sort of issues...because you'll need it!

2 years later
#11 2 years ago

Purchased from them and the mod was defective. Gave up after multiple attempts and threw it out. Never again.

1 year later
#12 8 months ago

will not from buy from Lighted Pinball Mods again.

I got the illuminated transparent plunger cover about two weeks ago, but it never worked. He included a link to the installation instructions, but this specific item is not listed on the installation instructions page.

The worst part is he responded to my email by offering an immaterial installation suggestion, and providing the link to the installation instructions again, clearly not addressing the non-working item, nor noticing there are no instructions for my specific mod in the link. The item was faulty and would not light up.

I have received full on ghosting from him ever since. Such a waste of $60.

This guy should respond to customer's issues at least as quickly as he takes our money. He really shouldn't be allowed to sell on Pinside.

#13 8 months ago

Those 3D fan "holographic" toppers he sells look ugly as shit.

#14 8 months ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

Those 3D fan "holographic" toppers he sells look ugly as shit.

Agree.

But the real problem is he doesn't stand by his products.

Once he has your money, he doesn't give a shit. He should be banned from selling here.

1 month later
#15 6 months ago

I apologize if anyone has ever had any issues with communication or any of mod of ours. In the past we never had a full-time consistent person for emails which was at the root of many issues.

We have finally hired a full-time person for email and all emails will be answered in a timely manner, please keep in mind that they are often work 4 days, 10 hour shifts and I only have one person for emails so depending on the day it could take a day to 3 days for a reply.

If ANYONE has EVER had an issue that they feel was not taken care of completely, please contact us and we will make it right.

Also, all mods are made to order and nearly all orders are shipped within 2 to 3 weeks. Some mods do take a while to make, for example Lighted Speaker Mods take us 8 business days to make because of all of the curing time between different surfaces, and if we rush that process there will be flaws in the manufacturing.

Dan Kuschill

#16 6 months ago
Quoted from RTS:

Agree.
But the real problem is he doesn't stand by his products.
Once he has your money, he doesn't give a shit. He should be banned from selling here.

PM sent

1 week later
#17 5 months ago

Dan,

You said you were sending out a replacement but again, you just went radio silent. You still haven't made things right.

I'm happy for a refund if that's easier. But so far it's just more of the same BS, and hopefully others will proceed with caution when dealing with you.

#18 5 months ago

Yeah, a simple posting looks great, sounds great - then back to business as normal. Thanks but I'll shop elsewhere.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 21.95
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lighted-pinball-mods?hl=parsonsaj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.