(Topic ID: 254326)

Lighted Pinball Mods - Contact Number

By Asylum

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3d topper dudes (resized).JPG
    IMG_9832 (1) (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

Does anyone have a good contact phone number for these guys? I purchased two of their 3D toppers at expo, one for me and a buddy. The SD USB cards are bad out of the box in both. I assume these are standard USB drives shipped from the manufacture they buy them from in China? Without that program I can't add any video. I have PM'd and emailed but haven't heard back yet. Figured they were traveling back from Expo and just haven't checked email in a week?

Or does anyone have the program they can hook me up with it?

Thanks...

[email protected]

IMG_9832 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_9832 (1) (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

I have like 3-4 orders placed with them from 3 weeks ago. Still not shipped. Last time I ordered and had a long wait also. Think they are just slow or short handed... patience sucks. But hang in there.

#3 4 years ago

Thanks - anyone have a copy of the program?

#4 4 years ago
    Quoted from Asylum:

Does anyone have a good contact phone number for these guys? I purchased two of their 3D toppers at expo, one for me and a buddy. The SD USB cards are bad out of the box in both. I assume these are standard USB drives shipped from the manufacture they buy them from in China? Without that program I can't add any video. I have PM'd and emailed but haven't heard back yet. Figured they were traveling back from Expo and just haven't checked email in a week?
    Or does anyone have the program they can hook me up with it?
    Thanks...
    [email protected][quoted image]

If you are in facebook I have had really fast and useful response from them in Facebook Messenger. Email, not so much.... and I don't have a phone number for them, either.

For what it's worth, on mine, I had to reformat the SD card before it would let me add new videos to the card via Wifi... though it would happily let me add them if I removed the card and plugged it into my computer.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from parsonsaj:

If you are in facebook I have had really fast and useful response from them in Facebook Messenger.

Thank you... put I don't do facebook. I just wish they would check email even once a week.

Anyone have the software that comes with these that I can get verses waiting on them to check email???

#6 4 years ago

I just checked... Ive got 5 orders with them all placed between 10-7-19 and 10-11-19. Pretty sure this was 2 weeks before the last show so I don’t know what the delay is, other than this is just normal turnaround times for them. Tough just going with the flow when other’s usually ship the next day. However it may be this is just a part time gig for these guys.

#7 4 years ago
    Quoted from EdHess:

ough just going with the flow when other’s usually ship the next day.

Yea... I'm an easy going guy, but this is starting to piss me off. Part time hobby job or not. Check your f'in email once in 2 weeks isn't asking much.

Bump for any one that might have the program for these 3D toppers...

#8 4 years ago

Saw this picture posted from another pinsider and in the background is the Lighted Pinball Mod dudes... I see a laptop and one of them texting/emailing on their phone. Busted! I know you have them now... so use them!

Sorry... I'm having an Iceman Friday night moment.

3d topper dudes (resized).JPG3d topper dudes (resized).JPG
    #9 4 years ago

So last night, sent a message via fb messenger. Saw it was read at 11pm. This morning I got a response. So try using fb messenger.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from EdHess:

So try using fb messenger.

Thanks Ed... unfortunately I don't use FB.

Not trying to be a dick as they are nice guys. I enjoyed bullshitting with them at expo. But when you give customers a support email address you should check it every now and then.

1 month later
    #11 4 years ago

I just wanted to throw some love to LPM. I have a basic lighted speaker panel on my Getaway and noticed that it wasn't working the other day. After checking everything, I narrowed it down to the board that controls turning it on/off as the pin is turned on/off. I PM'd and also submitted my issue via their website, then found this thread about trying via Facebook (I have an account, but don't actively use it).

Anyway, within a few minutes I had a reply. I reviewed my issue and without any argument, not only did they agree to send me a replacement part, but they even sent me the newer version at no cost at all to me. I've had my panel for probably close to two years, and they were under no obligation to support me this way.

I received the new part, installed, and it fixed my basic issue. However, my remote was not longer working to control brightness. Again, I PM'd via Facebook, and within minutes we determined my remote had gone bad and they are sending me a new one, again at no cost.

I can't express enough how pleased I am with how LPM supported me. Because of their great support and great products, I will continue to purchase their mods and highly recommend to others.

#12 4 years ago

Hmmm...I'm having pretty much the opposite experience with these guys right now. I wasn't planning on shitting on them yet, but I'm getting real close.

1 year later
    #13 2 years ago

I've sent a PM to the support email, I've sent an email via eBay and sent another one from their own web site and no responses. Customer service is really bad over there and this is my first and last purchase that I will be doing with them. Hell, I'm a regulator and I have way better customer service than they do.

#14 2 years ago

I would assume that they are barely home right now after Expo and MGC. Did you try facebook? That seemed to be the faster contact method since it was somebody else running it.

#15 2 years ago

I hate to say it but the guy who used to do the facebook messenger responses is no longer with the company. It was only a 2 person operation to start with, and I have no idea whether they might have replaced the guy who left, but he told me a while back that he was leaving.

2 months later
    #16 2 years ago

Have been installing pinball mods for years. Lighted Pinball Mods is by far the worst customer service I have ever experienced.
    Purchases were either incomplete or did not work out of the box.
    Gave up trying to get help as none has been forthcoming. Trashed the mods. Will never purchase from them again.

1 week later
    #17 2 years ago

Horrible, horrible, horrible customer service.

They sent a lighted speaker panel that was mis-manufactured.... too thick to fit into the stock WPC U-Channel.

No response to either of my two emails.

No phone number on their website.

I finally had to file a claim with PayPal.

Order at your own risk! $170 down the drain for me!

#18 2 years ago

Yeah the lighted speaker panel for my BSD would not fit. No response from the seller. I ended up having to do major modifications to it to make it work.

#19 2 years ago

They used to have a guy working there who was really good at communication, but only if you sent them a Facebook message. That guy left. The guy who ignores email routinely is still there. I think he's the company owner.

I had their lighted speaker panel for my WCS (long sold) and I had to really mess with it to get it to fit properly.

I do love their lighted hinge covers, though... and I've never had a problem getting those or with them fitting or working properly, for what it's worth.

2 weeks later
    #20 2 years ago

I recently bought their Topper for a WOZ I just bought, and they were quick to accept my order, but are totally ignoring me when it comes to me asking for help because it was shipped missing parts. I tried to Facebook message them, but their FaceBook page is an "Interest" now, not an actual page with "Message" button. So, I've messaged them here, and emailed them directly as well as emailed them thru their Web Page, all with no luck.Really getting tired of the lack of customer service. Are you listening Litedpinballmods ?

#21 2 years ago
    Quoted from CTHOMAS1998:

I recently bought their Topper for a WOZ I just bought, and they were quick to accept my order, but are totally ignoring me when it comes to me asking for help because it was shipped missing parts. I tried to Facebook message them, but their FaceBook page is an "Interest" now, not an actual page with "Message" button. So, I've messaged them here, and emailed them directly as well as emailed them thru their Web Page, all with no luck.Really getting tired of the lack of customer service. Are you listening Litedpinballmods ?

A dispute with your credit card company is likely to get his immediate attention. Just fyi.

#22 2 years ago

We sell on our Website, Ebay and here. Unfortunately in the pinside store their is not an area for terms description, but on our website and on Ebay we do post this:

"All mods are made to order, and some mods take 8 business days to manufacture, for this reason their can be a delay in shipping. 75% of all orders get shipped within 1 week and 98% of all orders get shipped within 2 weeks. For unforeseen reasons a few items may take longer then 2 weeks to ship. If you have sent an email, please be patient, because we are a small company our person that answers emails does not work full time and only does emails a couple of times a week. All emails are answered, but their may be a delay in answering."

I am sorry, but most people do not read the above. We do take care of all customers, bet please be patient.

I will point out we sell over 1,500 items a year on Ebay and currently our positive feedback is 99.4% with over 11,500 feedback:

ebay.com link: feedback_profile

The person that does orders checks for orders everyday on all sites, and works on manufacturing. The people that do manufacturing DO NOT answer or even look at emails, they make the mods. We have people that get upset because they see someone has logged into an account but their email was not answered, that is because they are checking orders.

We do not, and probably will never have someone answer emails every day, this is not unusually in the pinball industry or for small businesses. The majority of people that are unhappy at a moment is because they do not get a reply within 24 hours on an email, but they do get a reply. Estroh that posted above is a perfect example. He purchased a lighted speaker panel, and we have sold a few thousand of these, these are molded, and the molds hold up for about 200 casts. Our old mold was damaged so we made a new mold, we were not aware that their was a small flaw on the mold that made the bottom edge wider then normally. Because plastics can be different widths their can be a fitting issue, and we include an L channel to replace the U channel that is in the game which resolves the problem. At 2:27 of the in depth installation video it explains this:

Estroh sent an email to resolve this, he sent the email on Friday. We do not work on the weekend and this was a holiday weekend and we did not reply till Tuesday, that was 5 days. He was unsatisfied with this, and I am sorry about that, but on the terms when he purchased we do have the above quote. Estroh did have a legitimate issue and was very helpful in resolving.

We work hard to resolve any issues, but I am sorry, we do not answer emails in 24 hours, but we do answer all emails.

Again, we make mods to order, that is how we do it, so they are not going to be shipped the next day. All emails are answered but please give us some time. We are not big enough to have a full time person to answer emails, and I don't want to grow bigger to support a full time person answering emails, so this won't change. Also we are never on Facebook. If you have a concern, email us at the location you purchased from and we will take care of it.

#23 2 years ago

Just wanted to give thanks to Litedpinballmods for sending me the missing parts for my Ultimate Topper. Thank you taking care of this.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/lighted-pinball-mods-contact-number?hl=mikewd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.